RimWorld

RimWorld

Survivalist's Additions
Vazzaroth Sep 18, 2019 @ 5:01pm
Has anyone ever gotten the smoker to be useful?
It pretty much just wastes meat. It takes a bunch of wood and meat to make, and just gobbles up my meat for no return. I've had this problem with the smoker since Kupro's mod.

I basically only use this mod for the Shemagh and shack walls. I wish the rest was useful. Am I missing anything?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
DarkArtistryNKP Apr 11, 2020 @ 12:13pm 
Do you play with a Medieval tech limiter?
Cuz if not then this has less use.
__ Apr 11, 2020 @ 2:17pm 
The smokers are very useful if you have a lot of meat and charcoal stored nearby and plenty of pawns walking past the area frequently enough to tend to them. They're very labor-intensive, but they do work if they're being constantly tended to. (I used to think they were broken, too)
DarkArtistryNKP Apr 11, 2020 @ 3:47pm 
I think the more unfortunate thing is that the charcoal pit doesn't seem to with with expanded woodworking. At least from what i remember
Vazzaroth Apr 13, 2020 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by DarkArtistryNKP:
Do you play with a Medieval tech limiter?
Cuz if not then this has less use.

No but I did find some other smoked meat mod that I like a lot more. Basically, it's just a cooking job. Slightly less realistic, WAY more useful.

I also resorted to salted meat with VGP, I think. I really enjoy starting tribal and playing without electricity for a year or two so some way to preserve meat for the winter is almost necessary. Pemmican is OK but I've never liked relying on it exclusively. I also settle in harsh biomes, usually cold or desert w/o much growing areas, so I frequently only have access to meat.
DarkArtistryNKP Apr 13, 2020 @ 3:12pm 
Yeah I'm a fan of the realism of it myself. With you have a tech limiter, stuff like this is very important. I gotta say WaterIsLife is rough on medieval.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50