RimWorld

RimWorld

SF Grim Reality
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Dec 4, 2018 @ 3:21pm
Compatibility
This mod is totally compatible with (tested):

Rainbeau Flambe's Rational Romance (And all of his other mods).

ALL mods that have nothing to do with thoughts, feelings, or situtations. (I.e. All animal mods, map mods, gun mods, etc.)

This mod is PROBABLY compatible with (untested):

Other mood mods like the one that makes you even more awful than you already are in Rimworld. Just put this one above or below the other depending on which you want to win the conflicts they have. Should work.

Most mods. Seriously, if it doesn't alter thoughts, feelings, or situations, this probably works together.

This mod is INCOMPATIBLE with:
Lord of the Rims: Hobbits (I have had reports that it overwrites values. No patch exists at this time.
Mods that you don't need if you're using Grim Reality:
Greyer Morals Mod.
Selling prisoners with no guilt
Looks Don't Matter On The Rim
Less Stupid Romance Attempt
[1.0] Less Rebuff
CCP's Mental Break Tweaks
Respect the Scars [1.0]
Anything else that rebalances moods/thoughts/needs. If you have something with one value or so that you want to tweak, put it below this mod to get the overwrite, though I can't promise it won't conflict if the mod author didn't use xpathing.

Again: If you find a mod this works with or doesn't work with, PLEASE report in this thread so I can update this space.

Thanks space pirates! Have fun!
Last edited by StarlightSovereign; Apr 18, 2022 @ 12:36am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Latex Santa Dec 19, 2018 @ 5:08pm 
Ah, excellent. It's compatible with Rational Romance and Psychology. With most of my favorite mods updated, this means that I'm ALMOST ready to start playing RimWorld. Yes, "start" as in "play for the first time". I'm a mod- fiend, what can I say? Now all I need is for OHU dropships to be updated, and that should be done by January, in theory.
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Dec 24, 2018 @ 8:02am 
Welcome to the community then! Enjoy!
Gibson Jan 11, 2019 @ 5:02pm 
Is it compatible with "Sell Prisoner With No Guilt"?
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Jan 12, 2019 @ 7:14pm 
If you stack that on top of this, that should win, in theory.
Basically anything that affects moods and thoughts will be pointless with this mod unless you put them on top of this mod (lower in the order).
But this mod is also balanced around itself with all the values in relation to each other. So unless you just specifically want that one thing changed, this mod already has balanced that idea into the concept of a gritty, pawn-eat-pawn rimworld survival experience.

Hope that helps!
Gibson Jan 14, 2019 @ 3:08pm 
Thank you for the very in-depth reply! Love the mod!
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Jan 14, 2019 @ 6:53pm 
No problem. I'm glad you enjoy it.
Maxiboop Jun 3, 2019 @ 6:35am 
is it compatible with Work Tab ???
Berge Erneo Zoope Jun 5, 2019 @ 11:43pm 
Stack limit problem occurs with LoTR Hobbit mod.
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Jun 13, 2019 @ 7:43pm 
@FlowOwner I use it with Work Tab. No issues here.
@Berge LoTR is a huge mod and I can't really account for all Jek does with it. His modding level is insane and mine is puny compared. If there's a conflict, I'm not likely able to fix it.
Mur Derer Jun 14, 2019 @ 1:56am 
multiplayer?
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Jun 20, 2019 @ 4:04pm 
Can't say for sure, but if you both have it, I'd guess so?
Bearistotle Jun 30, 2019 @ 8:31pm 
I put both "Prisoner Harvesting" and "Sell Prisoners With No Guilt" on the very bottom of my load order, but I still suffer their mood debuffs anyway. However, they are lessened in severity by your mod. This is in no way a deal breaker, as I love your mod and consider it a must-have for all my runs. Just giving you a heads-up if anybody else asks about it.
sceiler Jul 30, 2019 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by Cogbro:
I put both "Prisoner Harvesting" and "Sell Prisoners With No Guilt" on the very bottom of my load order, but I still suffer their mood debuffs anyway. However, they are lessened in severity by your mod. This is in no way a deal breaker, as I love your mod and consider it a must-have for all my runs. Just giving you a heads-up if anybody else asks about it.
I was just about to ask the same thing because I wanted to decommission these 2 mods for grim reality.
@SheiFoxy, is there a possibility for you to create a compatibility patch or to make these 2 aspects configurable?
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Aug 4, 2019 @ 3:56pm 
Configurable: no. I don't know C#. The only reason any of my mods have config menus is through the grace of Rainbeau Flambe. Who isn't really modding for RW anymore.
Patch... I honestly don't know about when. Maybe.
But in the mean time, if you want to change a value it's really simple.

Go to your workshop folder. Search for 1543063349
Drag that folder into Rimworld:Mods
Rename it Grim Reality
Inside, go to the value you want to edit (just have to search for it. I recommend Agent Ransack as an awesome search program that searches all the files without having to open all of them. It's free.) and edit it. Save and go load it from the folder instead of the sub. You can keep it subbed, just make sure to use the folder instead. If you're using mod manager, you click the folder icon on the mod instead of the steam icon.

That's it.
Change the relevant values and you're set. No need for a patch.
I started a patch for a couple mods in the recent past. If I finish those I may patch others. Just been really busy lately.
Is this safe to add to exiting save file?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50