RimWorld

RimWorld

SF Grim Reality
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Oct 26, 2018 @ 3:48pm
Bug Reports
This mod is written in such a way as to be compatible with everything that doesn't alter the exact same values as this mod does.
We have tested it thoroughly and it should be 100% bug free.

If you're having an issue, complete the following steps before posting:

Load a new game with only this mod enabled and see if it works normally.

If it did, add your modlist back in and bring Grim Reality to the bottom.
If that worked, you have a conflict.

Turn off all mods except this mod and the ones you have that might affect the same sorts of things (moods, thoughts).
Put GR at the top and turn the others off one by one until it works.
You have found the problem mod.
Pick between that mod or this mod, or play them both with errors and it's on your head.

If you have completed all these steps and you STILL have a bug, you are welcome to post your error log, but it is highly unlikely this mod is the problem.

I hope this helps!
Thank you!
Last edited by StarlightSovereign; Nov 7, 2018 @ 4:25am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 62 comments
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Nov 4, 2018 @ 11:31am 
@Banzai_Samurai With absolutely zero mods loaded other than GR, I don't get this error. So it looks like a mod conflict. If it's not seeming to hurt your game, may just have to run with it if you can't find the conflict. Thank you for the report. If we can figure out what mod is conflicting, can see if/what we can do about it.
Claire Burgdorf Nov 6, 2018 @ 8:41pm 
Bonzai: You have two different mods altering ThoughtDefs, likely with similar/overlapping goals. XML patches can be set to check before adding new tags, to prevent thse errors, but I didn't bother do to that in this case, as frankly, I didn't expect users of GR to be using any other mods that would be *adding* "stackedEffectMultiplier" tags. Which other mod is it that you're using?
Banzai_Samurai Nov 7, 2018 @ 7:01am 
@Rainbeau I'm honestly not too sure, as I stopped recieving that error a few days after I posted that message, after I had added a few mods to the mix. I'm not well versed with coding, so I can't say for sure how that fixed the overlap issue, but it wasn't causing much of a problem on my end either way. I'll delete the previous message considering it's fixed now.
Oh, and while I know this isn't the place for it, I found out the problem causing my games to break which wasn't your mod at all. turns out it was actually a mistake on my part because Alpha Animals added a faction it depended on for some raid types, and not actually having a faction available (Using Faction Control. Again, not your fault, this was me being dumb) caused the game to have a panic attack and corrupt the save :/
Butifarro Dec 10, 2018 @ 7:06pm 
Hello!
Not really a bug, but would you please replace:
*/
with:
Defs/
When it applies?

It improves loading times. With this mod being so many patches i think it could be noticeable.
Thanks a lot!
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Dec 13, 2018 @ 10:40am 
@Yagiou I'll talk to Rainbeau about it. He knows more than me on the viability of such things. Thanks for mentioning it.
Claire Burgdorf Dec 13, 2018 @ 11:06am 
The structure of XML patches can make a difference in load times, but in reference to this specific change, I've heard mixed opinions on whether switching "*/" to "Defs/" actually makes any noticeable difference at all. But that said, there's no real reason *not* to do it, even if it doesn't make any real difference, as it's a simple global search-and-replace, and it certainly won't make things worse. (And in fact, I recently made exactly that change to most all of my own mods.)
Butifarro Dec 14, 2018 @ 8:51pm 
Yeah, making that change would probably not make so much difference if one have installed only your mod, but when you have a bunch (a ton of them!) and a mechanical HDD, any improvement will be appreciated.
But i am ok if you don't make the change, like lord Rainbeau said, a global search and replace on my local directory will do.

Thank you and you wife for taking the time to balance these moodlets, regardless of what Tynan believes, i am not playing this game for the forced drama.
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Dec 15, 2018 @ 10:46am 
:) I'm glad you l ike it.
I don't know if I'll make this change. I'll discuss it further with Rainbeau who is my mentor and the mod's Godfather. :)
But I hope you enjoy your games with Grim Reality! :starite:
brightsideguy Feb 12, 2019 @ 12:55am 
Not sure if this is a bug, on purpose, or some strange compatibility issue (unlikely as I don't have think I have anything other than Psychology to impacts thoughts and this mod is on the bottom of the list). But a single colonist dying is only around a -3 to moral for my pawns in a game I played (which seems super low for a death of a camp mate). More so, six pawns dying didn't really stack, but two innocent prisoners dying did stack high (-9 in total for the prisoners).

So basically my pawns were much more upset about the two prisoners dying than their six friends. Heck, they were more upset about getting a few disturbed-sleep-thoughts than six colonists dying.
Last edited by brightsideguy; Feb 12, 2019 @ 12:55am
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Mar 10, 2019 @ 6:07pm 
That's a conflict most likely. Is Psychology above or below this mod?
brightsideguy Mar 13, 2019 @ 10:31pm 
I checked Psych by itself and still get the issue, so its coming from there actually. Sorry about that! It must be something new with psych, because iirc it wasn't like that before.

And the issue persists when your mod is directly below it, if you were curious.
StarlightSovereign  [developer] Apr 19, 2019 @ 5:10pm 
No idea on that. I'm beginning to think I should just say this mod isn't compatible with Psychology or at least to expect some weirdness.
BlueTressym Aug 10, 2019 @ 5:38pm 
Hi. I'm having a number of errors come up that I think may be related to this mod, possibly a mod conflict?

I've got this mod loaded last, so it will overwrite Psychology (I'm not sure if any other mods I have alter thoughts; I would love to have Rainbeau's Rational Romance but it and Psychology don't like each other, it seems :( ).

Log here: https :/gist.github.com/5393cab4a12ed252fa1f76d33abd3dec

(Space inserted after https to circumvent Steam's incredibly annoying habit of removing my links for no apparent reason.)

I'm going to do some more tests because the weird thing is that I've been using this mod and Psychology together without problems but since doing some tinkering to add in LOTR: The Third Age without my entire mod list imploding, this problem has appeared. I have no idea why this would have an effect but I'd be grateful if you could take a look, as I'm fairly clueless.
Last edited by BlueTressym; Aug 10, 2019 @ 5:39pm
BlueTressym Aug 10, 2019 @ 5:55pm 
Update: A test with only the LOTR Mods plus prerequisites has given me the same errors, so it doesn't seem to be about Psychology. I'm out of ideas... :(

https :/gist.github.com/e440824a9b6f78272888f95f2d74acaa
BlueTressym Aug 10, 2019 @ 8:53pm 
Further Update: I decided to actually check the LOTR mods and bizarrely, it's the LOTR: Hobbits mod that is causing the errors to appear.

https :/gist.github.com/937ed3b84b5e04791dbdd6b2184fbf4b

Unfortunately, Jecrell is on a break ATM so I don't know if anyone can help at that end or not. I'm hoping one of you guys might be able to figure out what's going on here. Pretty Please?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 62 comments
Per page: 1530 50