Torchlight II

Torchlight II

Combine Them All
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Bandit  [developer] May 8, 2013 @ 8:22pm
Troubleshooting / Issues / Complaints
If anyone has a comment about anything wrong/changed/conflicts and would like to talk about it, this is the place to get some help.

According to my knowledge, in order to manage the transition to the new version from the archived version you need to do a few steps:
  • Go into your save file and place your backup copy from pre-transition into the place of your current save file.
  • Load into all affected characters and transfer items to the stash from both player and pet.
  • Unsub to the ARCHIVED VERSION and sub to this version.
  • Sub to Mod Unbinder
  • Open the mod launcher, the updated files will be downloaded and should replace the ARCHIVED version.
  • Inside the mod launcher find both Mod Unbinder and Combine them all and make sure they are checked, and that no older versions of the mod are checked (This would be a good time to also clear out any old files if they exist.).
  • If you have above 50 subscriptions it will not download, using your favorites list is a great way to save mods you want to see later instead of the 50 capped sub list.
  • Start the game and load into your character, if the game is showing it as bound, you will have the option to continue and unbind.
  • Once you load into your character, go check your items and then quit and save.
  • Try to load your character again and see if you still get the character bound message.

Hopefully this helps you with the transition. :)
Last edited by Bandit; May 10, 2013 @ 2:21pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 99 comments
kenmasters May 9, 2013 @ 3:45pm 
Not totally sure if it's this mod but I seemed to have lost all of my consumables(except for dynamite?) and all embers that were in my characters stash. Pet items are still there and shared stash is untouched.

No big deal, I have a backup, but did anyone else have this issue coming from the older CTA? I have not subscribed to any other mods in days.

I do have SynergiesMod and bigbagmodsynergies installed. I tried the compatibility patches with no luck. Any help is appreciated.
Bandit  [developer] May 9, 2013 @ 3:50pm 
yeah I had the same issue myself, I am not sure how to avoid it. :( With the transfer of the modID it has everything associated with it. That is why I left the old version intact so I would not force thousands of people to migrate to the new version. For myself, dynamite and eyeballs seemed to be the only things that survived the migration and my last backup was 10+ levels ago so ill just deal with the missing inventory :P

Really sorry that you had issues though, I did all I could to try avoiding the migration to another modID but the workshop is just totally borked right now.
Last edited by Bandit; May 9, 2013 @ 3:54pm
kenmasters May 9, 2013 @ 4:01pm 
Ok no big deal.. Thanks for your quick response. :) I'll figure it out. Glad to know what is causing it. And thanks for your mod packs.. :)
kenmasters May 9, 2013 @ 4:10pm 
I unsubscribed from the new CTA and subscribed back to the older version but it seems on the GUTS launcher the older CTA is reading as version 121. I reverted back to an old save with the older CTA and the consumables are still missing..

Is your older CTA supposed to update to 121? Or am I doing somthing wrong? But like you said the workshop is borked, so I'll just hang tight.. lol. Thanks again for your help.
Last edited by kenmasters; May 9, 2013 @ 5:01pm
Bandit  [developer] May 9, 2013 @ 5:15pm 
they both occupy the same .mod file this is why it is not updating and shows that it has a more current version than is on steam and is not necessary to update. If you want to downgrade, then delete this version and you will download the archived version.
kenmasters May 9, 2013 @ 6:44pm 
Awesome, that worked perfectly. I transfered all of my consumables to shared while on the downgraded CTA, updated to your latest CTA and everything was there. I tried everything, but deleting the mod file, me so dumb.... Thank you!
Bandit  [developer] May 9, 2013 @ 9:31pm 
good to know that with proper procedure it works, I just dealt with the item loss since my backup was so dated. lots of new updates to look forward to :)
kenmasters May 10, 2013 @ 8:00am 
Yes, defineitly. As I was transfering the items I realized it was only a few fish and a few hundred potions and probably should have just forgot about them. But I'm glad recovery is that easy, just in case actual valuable loot is lost in future mods.

Yeah, man.. Cant wait for more mods. I like your mod combos cause it still looks and feels like TL2. I like that you leave the graphics alone, etc. Keep it up !
Last edited by kenmasters; May 10, 2013 @ 8:13am
Rankaquion May 10, 2013 @ 10:50am 
some mod aren't working specialy the fish ones
Bandit  [developer] May 10, 2013 @ 11:34am 
Sir, I have already responded to your post on another thread, then you go and post 3 more times in every wall you could find. Please calm down. First of all the items are working fine. I have said this before, the items are at the COLLECTOR OF FINE GOODS. In the compilation pack the items have been moved to the alternate vendor because of the raw power on the buff fish and Bottled Speed. To unlock the collector of fine goods, you must be in at least Act2 and you must find the collector inside of a dungeon. The quest is called "Shadow of the Skara" and once completed you will have access to the buff fish and Bottled Speed.
yökyöpeli May 10, 2013 @ 12:10pm 
Cannot load characters saved with the archivedCTA with the new CTA, says that need to restart you know. If I load both CTA to modmanager (ver100 and 124) and put newer on highest then I can load characters, and everything works. You know how to fix so one CTA only needed?
Bandit  [developer] May 10, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
According to my knowledge, in order to manage the transition you need to do a few steps:
  • Go into your save file and place your backup copy from pre-transition into the place of your current save file.
  • Load into all affected characters and transfer items to the stash from both player and pet.
  • Unsub to the ARCHIVED VERSION and sub to this version.
  • Sub to Mod Unbinder
  • Open the mod launcher, the updated files will be downloaded and should replace the ARCHIVED version.
  • Inside the mod launcher find both Mod Unbinder and Combine them all and make sure they are checked, and that no older versions of the mod are checked (This would be a good time to also clear out any old files if they exist.).
  • If you have above 50 subscriptions it will not download, using your favorites list is a great way to save mods you want to see later instead of the 50 capped sub list.
  • Start the game and load into your character, if the game is showing it as bound, you will have the option to continue and unbind.
  • Once you load into your character, go check your items and then quit and save.
  • Try to load your character again and see if you still get the character bound message.

Hopefully this helps you with the transition. :)
yökyöpeli May 10, 2013 @ 5:26pm 
Thank you! I totally forgot the modunbinder, it worked perfectly. Three times hurray to Bandit: Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
Bandit  [developer] May 12, 2013 @ 11:16am 
It came to my attention that the Ubuntu Font was blocking access to the runic games login for some reason. I will try to resolve that seperately and bring it back into the Pack.
Amethyst Heart May 12, 2013 @ 2:46pm 
There is a problem with the pet in CTA. It won't let me put any items into his inventory, saying it's full even if it's empty, and can't equip even spells. I tried the pet overhaul mod without CTA, and I had no problems, so maybe it's something else or some conflict within the bundle of mods. Know any way to solve this issue please? It is a pretty bad bug.

Edit: Right. It seems the problem came from using the compatibility patch without having bigger inventories installed. I think it might be a good idea to underline better that the compatibility patch should be used ONLY if one uses bigger inventory and synergies, but that it isn't needed if one uses only synergies (like I do). I thought it was required also for the synergies mod.
Last edited by Amethyst Heart; May 13, 2013 @ 2:31am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 99 comments
Per page: 1530 50