Arma 3
Legends of the USSR
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
🛦 🦅 Mad Hawk 🗽 🛦  [developer] Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:09am
3D models
if you find 3D models of aircraft, take the permission of the authors, I will do porting to ARMA 3. Figuring out the rights to the model is a long process, I would be grateful if it will engage subscribers. Throw references to 3D in discussion
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:25am 
Well, the mod to take the 3D models from, ideally needs to be "abandoned"?
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:28am 
Because there is this one mod that also has a MiG-31 in it, but it was updated either in July 30...
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:29am 
Originally posted by LuizBarros99:
Because there is this one mod that also has a MiG-31 in it, but it was updated either in July 30...
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1595678775
(Oops forgot to add the link LOL)
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:39am 
Also found this model of a MiG-25 that looks very similar to a MiG-31
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32016
And it is abandoned... BUT the (visual and likely also flight and damage, etc) model would need to be nearly re-done from scratch, as it really looks very ugly and outdated...
🛦 🦅 Mad Hawk 🗽 🛦  [developer] Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:42am 
LuizBarros99

Ideally, to have the author's permission, the rest is not important. pook seems to be a valid moddel. What's wrong with his mig? :)
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:44am 
Not Pook's MiG, but the abandoned MiG-25 from the armaholic link.
🛦 🦅 Mad Hawk 🗽 🛦  [developer] Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:44am 
Also found this model of a MiG-25 that looks very similar to a MiG-31
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32016
And it is abandoned... BUT the (visual and likely also flight and damage, etc) model would need to be nearly re-done from scratch, as it really looks very ugly and outdated...

Model fox no,no,no.I don't like his models(my opinion)
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:45am 
It that is the really ugly one
🛦 🦅 Mad Hawk 🗽 🛦  [developer] Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:48am 
maybe I can port the MiG to A2. Perhaps because I know this model and where it ported pook. But understand me correctly, in the 3d model(3d max, blender) I am able to transform them somehow a little
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:49am 
Yea. The thing that I said that it was updated July 30, is that it was updated less than a month ago, so it is still "not-abandoned", but should make it easier to talk to him.
BUT Maybe you might need to tweak the model to make it into a MiG-25 so that he could allow you to add it into your mod. (just so that he does not see it as plagiarism. Specially since his MiG-31 is almost surely completely "complete", you know?)
LuizBarros99 Aug 16, 2019 @ 6:53am 
Originally posted by Mad Hawk:
maybe I can port the MiG to A2. Perhaps because I know this model and where it ported pook. But understand me correctly, in the 3d model(3d max, blender) I am able to transform them somehow a little
Yea, that OLD looking one (from FOX) would be more likely to give you no problems, since it is abandoned and would also need to be adjusted slightly because it does not look too good. So that would give next to nothing that could be used to complain.
🛦 🦅 Mad Hawk 🗽 🛦  [developer] Aug 16, 2019 @ 7:05am 
Yea. The thing that I said that it was updated July 30, is that it was updated less than a month ago, so it is still "not-abandoned", but should make it easier to talk to him.
BUT Maybe you might need to tweak the model to make it into a MiG-25 so that he could allow you to add it into your mod. (just so that he does not see it as plagiarism. Specially since his MiG-31 is almost surely completely "complete", you know?)

in fact, I liked the MiG-23. I would take it for recycling, it remains only to ask permission from pook. or to take out where he got and to port from arma 2 in arma 3. Перевести вGoogleBingbut I can't schedule my planes because I repair them alone. if you want, I could teach you some easy things.but I can't schedule my planes because I repair them alone. if you want, I could teach you some easy things.
🛦 🦅 Mad Hawk 🗽 🛦  [developer] Aug 16, 2019 @ 7:11am 

in fact, I liked the MiG-23. I would take it for recycling, it remains only to ask permission from pook. or to take out where he got and to port from arma 2 in arma 3. Перевести вGoogleBingbut I can't schedule my planes because I repair them alone. if you want, I could teach you some easy things.but I can't schedule my planes because I repair them alone. if you want, I could teach you some easy things.

I was helped in some boring moments of porting with arma 2, then some planes would start to be produced faster and without asking the permission of the owner, as they are exactly abandoned and no one needs.
LuizBarros99 Aug 17, 2019 @ 5:07am 

I see no probems (other than the fact that I do not have ArmA 2. But as long as I get my hands on a model, I should be able to work with it), so hit me up when you are available. Currently I am more free by the weekends.
🛦 🦅 Mad Hawk 🗽 🛦  [developer] Aug 18, 2019 @ 6:07am 

I see no probems (other than the fact that I do not have ArmA 2. But as long as I get my hands on a model, I should be able to work with it), so hit me up when you are available. Currently I am more free by the weekends.

Sent a request in steam
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50