Stellaris

Stellaris

[Deprecated] The Zenith of Fallen Empires 2.0
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Kolyn  [developer] Mar 1, 2018 @ 7:50am
Mod Discussion and Feedback
This is where you can discuss or give feedback on existing mod features. It is a helpful place where others can see and discuss opinions which helps create a better mod. Regardless, I love to hear your stories and experiences that you had while playing with this mod! Did I ruin your game? Did I ruin your life? TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!! :steamhappy:

Existing mod features only please!
Last edited by Kolyn; Mar 1, 2018 @ 7:50am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 240 comments
QuadN Mar 3, 2018 @ 10:29pm 
I feel like the ships might be a tad to slow, with the same baseline (IE: no weapons/shields/AUX) a normal battleship with dark matter thrusters has about 208 speed, meanwhile a battlecruiser has 167. It gets even worse when you realize a normal titan also has 208 speed with dark matter thrusters making the normal Titan faster than the battlecruiser! Even worse is that a normal fallen empire's own ships have a basline speed of 100, meaning with T4 (Impulse) thrusters they're faster than the ones you can make.
Another one for ballance would be a change in how strike craft work since 2.0 kinda made them pointless, since they're now the same thing they're no longer able to put out good damage (No bombers) and can't be used as PD (No fighters) leaving them in this weird void of absolute uselessness, so you might want to split them or make an extra tier of them so they're worthwhile to use.
Another problem (Actually a bug), as an Ascended Empire with a Colossus i can't actually declare war on... anyone. At all, not even an Awakened Empire. I'm pretty sure this is because 2.0.2/2.0 Colossus CB breaks the whole thing since it tries to railroad you into using only it while still having a huge problem that the actual CB's code doesn't actually work. Meaning no matter how many claims I have I can't declare war on anyone. That means I'll never get dark matter shielding since the Enigmatic Fortress is also bugged into hell due to 2.0.
Yay bugs!
Oh, also why does the Torpedeo Battlecruiser hull get an extra AUX slot while the normal one gets just an extra Large one?

Other than those inconveniences the mod is amazing! I love it!
Kolyn  [developer] Mar 4, 2018 @ 1:58am 
@QuadN Thanks for the feedback. I will look again at the ship speeds. Which part of the code can you find the base speed and such? I thought I copied it quite faithfully.

Ascended Empires cannot declare war right now, as the Casus Belli are valid only to default empires. In my internal build this is already resolved, and this update is coming on Tuesday.

EDIT: I will look at the hulls again. Probably a mistake while splitting the original ship into sections. Regarding to ship speeds, it seems PDX has changed it from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2. I will make sure this change is reflected in the current build. Thanks!
Last edited by Kolyn; Mar 4, 2018 @ 4:25am
Renzo427 Mar 4, 2018 @ 8:12am 
So I just made myself an Ascended Empire, and all my storage disappeared, now I can't store energy or minerals. Is this a known bug or is it a conflict with another mod?
QuadN Mar 4, 2018 @ 9:26am 
@Kolyn You're welcome! Other than those I really do like the mod so far, and can't wait for you to implement new things! (I Felt like ZOFE 1.0 was a little... overbored with its resized lances (There was something like 9 of each lance by the end of the research, and like 9 different titan lazers). Though with the starport changes I can't wait to see what you make next with your creativity!
Kolyn  [developer] Mar 4, 2018 @ 9:50am 
@Renzo427 I answered this question like twice already today, so I will have to refer you to either Mod Compatibility or Developer's Corner thread.

@QuadN I may not know everything that will be/not be in this mod yet, but weapons will be in a separate mod and you won't see 9 lances LOL.
Renzo427 Mar 4, 2018 @ 3:58pm 
Thank you, I did not see it, my fault. Going to attempt to remove the genetic attribute that gave me the incredible storage that overloaded the value and see if that fixes it.
lilheartless Mar 5, 2018 @ 3:39am 
ok I've read all the discussions and I don't think I've missed anything as of right now can machine empires become awakened empires?
Kolyn  [developer] Mar 5, 2018 @ 5:16am 
@lilheartless Hive Mind or Machine Ascended Empires are not included in launch.
Juyake Mar 6, 2018 @ 6:31pm 
Could we possibly get a list of the subject types and which Ethic can do which subjugation? ie (fanatic materialist = making other empires your satellite instead of dominion, vassal etc)
Kolyn  [developer] Mar 7, 2018 @ 2:14am 
@Jake The list is already in Full List of Features.
Jojo00182 Mar 8, 2018 @ 2:35am 
I am a fanatic authoritarian ascended empire and have a few puppet states. Is it normal that when i offer that to another nation, that the diplomatic option is called dominion?
Kolyn  [developer] Mar 8, 2018 @ 2:38am 
@Jojo00182 Yes, because I cannot override the localisation of that button.
Jojo00182 Mar 8, 2018 @ 3:21am 
Okay thx. Another thing, fallen_technologies.6.desc.g seems to have to description in my game. But it could be due to me changing localizations a few times durign the game^
Its the event that gives new world order modifier
And somehow i had to klick it a few times^
And know i get gifts-events rolling in one after another ^^
Last edited by Jojo00182; Mar 8, 2018 @ 3:28am
Jojo00182 Mar 8, 2018 @ 3:37am 
The sign in the diplomatic overview of a faction for a puppet-state is the swords that stand for a war, is that supposed to be like that (sorry for writing that much ^^, if it's to much feedback just tell me ;) )
Kolyn  [developer] Mar 8, 2018 @ 4:17am 
fallen_technologies.6 is missing all localisations, so it's an oversight while coding the actual event to explain the subject modifiers, an unnecessary task brought onto myself I suppose.

The event is triggered to fire once per subject. Gift events are cool, and triggers if the subjects have been with you long enough. Also once per subject.

Unsure about that icon.

I'm supposed to be releasing another add-on mod today, so it'd be helpful to know precisely what the issue is as opposed to me spending hours to investigate whether it is an actual issue, under what conditions it triggers and how best to address it, or maybe discover it's not actually an issue. That said, feedback is important to make this mod better so keep them coming!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 240 comments
Per page: 1530 50