ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved Workshop
Browse and subscribe to Maps and Mods to extend and enhance your ARK experience! Play locally, or host online servers with Workshop content to expand your survival gameplay beyond the ARK!
Learn More
Talon Laonar Jan 28, 2020 @ 9:22pm
ARK Dev Kit without Epic
Me and a few server mates have come up with a few ideas for mods. From minor fixes to an entire ARK concept. However, I refuse to do business of any kind with Epic. Is there a way to get the Dev Kit without the Epic Games launcher?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
123 Jan 29, 2020 @ 11:15am 
No. What I am working on is a separate computer just for launchers for modding.
Zen Rowe 5 Jan 29, 2020 @ 1:50pm 
The ARK devkit is derived from UE4 so it's still Epic regardless of where you get it from.

But no, UE4 and any derived versions of the engine are not permitted for distribution outside of the Epic Launcher.
Last edited by Zen Rowe; Jan 29, 2020 @ 1:54pm
zerassar 2 Jan 30, 2020 @ 12:03am 
Does this mean you are going to refund every UE game that you own? The dev kit can be a little buggy and crashes way too much. Goodluck!
Talon Laonar Jan 30, 2020 @ 3:07pm 
UE is a good engine and, from what I've heard, it makes modding easier than other tools I've used before. I'd much rather avoid paying or doing business with Epic directly. As is, I will do nothing with these ideas, at least with ARK. If Epic were not so shady and sleazy with how it did business, then things would be different. I won't fault a company for using UE, nor will I abstain from buying products that use UE. Guess I'll just take my creativity elsewhere
Last edited by Talon Laonar; Jan 30, 2020 @ 3:08pm
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 28, 2020 @ 9:22pm