Not enough ratings
Stargate Zat'nik'tel
Mod, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
File Size
546.892 KB
Oct 29, 2022 @ 10:13am
Apr 2 @ 7:01pm
5 Change Notes ( view )

Subscribe to download
Stargate Zat'nik'tel

In 1 collection by .:CHG:. Hope
HopeSeekr’s Better Rimworlds Mods
5 items
This is a real Zat Gun (Zat’nik’tel), from the Stargate universe. One shot stuns. Two shots kills. Rumors about the third shot are greatly exaggerated.

This is the perfect weapon for penal colonies, mental breaks etc. The pawn will be downed for several seconds (with minimal injuries), easily allowing capture. The risk of death is the equivalent to a single charge rifle bullet hitting them.

GitHub repo: https://github.com/BetterRimworlds/ZatGun/

.:CHG:. Hope  [author] Mar 14 @ 2:27pm 
I’ve updated this mod for Rimworld v1.5.
.:CHG:. Hope  [author] Mar 14 @ 2:27pm 
@Vardath: I had to spend MANY hours troubleshooting this !! It seems that Rimworld v1.3 and later no longer support MP3 or OGG files, only WAVs, for sounds… See https://github.com/BetterRimworlds/ZatGun/issues/1 for more details...
.:CHG:. Hope  [author] Mar 14 @ 12:53am 
@KR_man: I have just fixed the bug with animals. Thanks for reporting.
Vardath Nov 10, 2023 @ 1:42pm 
Hi, there is a space in <eventNames />. The zat sound hasn't played in quite a few weeks if not months. Please have a look, the sound is the main reason I installed the mod.

<eventNames />
<li Class="AudioGrain_Clip">
KR_man Jul 28, 2023 @ 1:22pm 
Is it not supposed to work on animals? I'm asking because I get a red error when the second shot hits an animal (vanilla animal not modded so it shouldn't have any weird hidden effects).
It works perfectly on humanoids.
CTH2004 Jul 3, 2023 @ 9:40am 
"Rumors about the third shot are greatly exaggerated."

They'd better be! Elsewise, it would have been stupid for SG-1 to never shoot their enime's 3 times! After all, 2 times, and that Gou'Uld is just brought back! If it truly disintegrated them, 3 times would prevent that!
.:CHG:. Hope  [author] Jun 7, 2023 @ 4:38am 
I added the ability to craft them, but, let’s face it. It requires Spacer tech tree. The quantum core is quite intensive.
.:CHG:. Hope  [author] Jan 21, 2023 @ 3:40pm 
They are available in every weapon’s trader.
Thundercraft Jan 13, 2023 @ 4:33am 
Q: How can players acquire them? Can they only be found, such as from raiders or in ancient dangers? Can they be bought from traders? Or... can they even be crafted?
.:CHG:. Hope  [author] Jan 1, 2023 @ 8:42am 
So, the zat gun
1. First hit: Paralysis. 85% chance of psychic shock (down ~5-10 seconds), 15% chance of Catatonic Breakdown (unless Psychically Sensitive, then 100%), 10% chance of no effect (25% chance in Psychically Dull).
2. Second shot: Death. 100% of the time. Note, you have to manually aim at a down’ed Pawn and they have to be in a state of Psychic Shock for them to be killed.