Recent reviews by BlaXpirit

< 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 >
The story doesn't take itself so seriously (oh my, those puns). The character design and physics don't feel so tight. The environments won't blow you away. But it's still a great story-based puzzle platformer!

Actually the characters' abilities only seem arbitrary at the start, where there's obviously the "strong" character and the weak ones. But the set of abilities develops throughout and you will see that the particular combination of characters is actually thoroughly explored in the platforming puzzles. Surprising level of ingenuity in the puzzle design.

The story also unfolds quite richly, even if at the start it seems totally predictable. It doesn't have unnecessarily crazy plot twists, which is a good thing in my book. Good to see that the story is tied to the game world quite organically.

I should add about what people might call "bad controls": it is true that movement of characters and objects is "floaty", i.e. you can't change your direction in midair, but this is for the most part an intentional design choice (e.g. wall jumping doesn't let you just climb a wall).

So yeah, it can be seen that this game is a labor of love, and I'm glad that I experienced it.

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
Posted July 5, 2020.
I honestly have no idea why I bought this. The gameplay is not fun in any way. Rather than using reasoning, there's a focus just on the end state and enumerating the possible permutations to get there.

It's a 2D grid of rectangles and clicking on one affects the neighbors. Big whoop.

The visuals are just a gimmick that gets old in 1 minute, then just makes everything hard to see. UI has artificial slowness. Music is pretty bad.

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Posted March 15, 2020. Last edited March 15, 2020.
I'll take this as living proof that not having an artist in your team is not an excuse.
The game uses very simple graphics -- and just sprites, no backgrounds. Also royalty-free music, though a good selection of it.
This also made me think "oh man, I could make a game like this!"
But could I really? I probably would've dismissed the premise as too simple.
But this game actually pulls it off, with the variety of enemy design.

Review brought to you by... a subliminal message..? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2021988725

★★★★★★★★☆☆
Posted March 15, 2020. Last edited March 15, 2020.
No, this actually feels like work. There's nothing difficult about passing the levels, just a chore.

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
Posted February 15, 2020.
Honestly a great puzzler. Seems that the level design likes to punish "going with the flow" blindly, so you need to always stay on your toes. Seems difficult enough that it's actually not suitable for small children.

The biggest detriment and unfortunately the biggest component of its difficulty is the "floaty" physics: the character's acceleration from pressing arrow keys is linear; there's no initial rapid acceleration from stand-still that almost all good games have.

★★★★★★★☆☆☆
Posted January 5, 2020.
Extremely pleasant co-op experience, at least if you're playing with a friend, especially with a mic.
I haven't tried matchmaking, which people seem to really hate. Other than that, the negative reviews seem to be mostly outdated, so don't let them turn you off.

Posted February 6, 2019.
The gameplay is almost equivalent to trying all possible combinations of connections, but indirectly (certainly not through the game's interface, because it's too annoying) so either in your head or through external means. The actual puzzles can almost translate to a problem on a graph, oh but you can't connect some vertices because the rails don't go like that -- and it's actually hard to see when the layout makes some things impossible, so even more trial and error.

So it's a premise that's just not fun, with a whole lot of artificial difficulty.

★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
Posted August 5, 2018.
It's just simplified assembly programming in an attractive package.

Posted May 1, 2018.
You know how people hate water-based levels in games? Well, this is like one big water level, but worse.

★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Posted February 23, 2018.
Have you ever played Red Remover back in the day? This is indeed the same game but bigger and better.
Here you try to remove red shapes from the stage in a way that all the green ones survive -- physics and gravity being your only opponents.
The levels are well-designed, and there are plenty to go around. Many interesting shapes and concepts take the game idea to its full potential.
The developer is very responsive and friendly :)

★★★★★★★★☆☆
Posted December 23, 2017.
< 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 >