Vertcoin
Dear Steam,

Do you think it is possible now or in the future that you will accept Vertcoin as a payment possibility? We will be accepting them ourselves in our company but would like to see more possible payment options.

I am aware of course that Cryptocurrency is seen as volatile but I am still interested to spent the coins I have and I believe if we could even get a limited trial going, it could be a great step forward for Steam and Vertcoin.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Wrench Crowbar
(Cavemen Studios)
< >
正在显示第 1 - 15 条,共 24 条留言
Radene 2017 年 11 月 9 日 上午 9:42 
Please also let me pay with potatocoin, or better yet, actual potatoes.

This crypto frenzy is getting a tad ridiculous...and yes, stable currency is kinda necessary for the economy.
Cheese 2017 年 11 月 9 日 上午 11:07 
Id personally love to see the next real serious Coin (VTC) to be accepted there...it would be so easy and fast to actually pay in Vertcoin here ...
Nomad 2017 年 11 月 9 日 上午 11:33 
This would be nice. You can also encourage people to mine Vertcoin when the oneclick miner is finished. They have the GPU's for it, so why not.
cinedine 2017 年 11 月 9 日 上午 11:52 
引用自 Ch33s3
Id personally love to see the next real serious Coin (VTC) to be accepted there...it would be so easy and fast to actually pay in Vertcoin here ...

If any of those currencies were "serious" to begin with, there wouldn't be a new one every other week. Etherium lost almost 50 dollar from mid to end October and is still 30 dollar down from it's peek then.

Also who in their right mind would want to use currency that could make your games cost anywhere from 50-100 dollar during a day because currencies are not updated in realtime?
Start_Running 2017 年 11 月 9 日 上午 11:54 
FInd someone willing to act as middle man for the transaction and it will happen.
See Valve doesn't actually accept bitcoins, Bitpay takes your Bitcoiuns and the forwards real money from their accounts to Valve.

So you really need to find some business that is confident enough in your ghost currency of choice that they are willing to buy stuff for you with real money in exchange for your ghost currency.
Pheace 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 12:34 
Sounds like a poor attempt to raise the value of Vertcoin tbh. What's caveman Studio's anyway? Seems like it hasn't even made anything yet and the most prominent thing they seem to mention on their webpage is that they're going to be accepting Vertcoin... what the hell..

He even made a similar post on GOG
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/vertcoin_cryptocurrency/page1
最后由 Pheace 编辑于; 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 12:37
twitch.tv/wrench_crowbar 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 2:58 
Yes and also made a a similar post on Uplay. What we do is not so important here (New Game Development) what is more important is that we are looking to spent our coins and we are gamers so approaching game vendors seems a logical choice.
cinedine 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 3:10 
So you take a currency you don't know what to do with. Seems like a sound economical decission. Someone remind me not to buy into their Early Access. :steammocking:

You wouldn't happen to have a stake in this crypto, do you?
Winged One 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 3:52 
引用自 Wrench
Yes and also made a a similar post on Uplay. What we do is not so important here (New Game Development) what is more important is that we are looking to spent our coins and we are gamers so approaching game vendors seems a logical choice.
so you want to spend your companies income on buying a bunch of games?

not a great business model
twitch.tv/wrench_crowbar 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 4:06 
We want the possibility to spent the coins we trade, mine and already have on Steam: look at the first post.

Like I said what we do is no the topic. The question is rather simple not sure why you want to go off topic with it.
Spawn of Totoro 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 4:18 
Valve seemed reluctent to even take Bitcoin, with its long history. I don't see them accepting a new Crypto with little to no history.

Even Bitcoin, as has been said, isn't directly accepted by Valve, but through a 3rd party. If there is a 3rd party who is willing to pay Valve cash, while they accept the Crypto, then that 3rd party would need to contact Vavle and for a relationship with them.

With around 1k Cryptocurrencies in circulation, I do see any company dedicating resources to more then a few and only then, with something more established and stable. Honestly, untill people can agree on a single Cryptocurrency and it gets some Government backing, they are all just a risk many are not willing to take.
The End 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 4:38 
引用自 Wrench
Dear Steam,

Do you think it is possible now or in the future that you will accept Vertcoin as a payment possibility?
No, Valve will probably never support this, and why should they, there is a lot of way to use real currency.

引用自 Pheace
Sounds like a poor attempt to raise the value of Vertcoin tbh. What's caveman Studio's anyway? Seems like it hasn't even made anything yet and the most prominent thing they seem to mention on their webpage is that they're going to be accepting Vertcoin... what the hell..

He even made a similar post on GOG
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/vertcoin_cryptocurrency/page1

Seems like a "mining"/game developer company.
He is active on Reddit too about this mining/developing games.

What he does is advertising I guess.
最后由 The End 编辑于; 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 4:47
Start_Running 2017 年 11 月 9 日 下午 5:27 
Lol . WHy do I get the feeling he intends to have the games do the mining of currency for him while people are playing the games. Sneaky plan...
twitch.tv/wrench_crowbar 2017 年 11 月 10 日 上午 1:04 
Hi Toronto, a good and clear reply and what I expected but well I thought I could always ask the question. Thank you for that.

For all others who cant seem to stay on topic: it really is a pity that you think negative but I guess it says more about yourself and the way you reply then about my question.
Solidmage 2017 年 11 月 17 日 下午 11:30 
I support any staple crypto as payment option.
< >
正在显示第 1 - 15 条,共 24 条留言
每页显示数: 1530 50

发帖日期: 2017 年 11 月 9 日 上午 9:32
回复数: 24