Lovegaming Jun 7, 2016 @ 1:37pm
Lagging while downloading - Possible bug
For no reasons, Steam started to cause lag to my PC while downloading games/updates. The problem has started 4 days ago and it seems to persist. While it's downloading something I get a huge lag and I can't do almost anything (moving my mouse looks like 1 frame / 2 seconds), and if I turn off the Steam app while downloading the lag starts to dissapear (that means the problem is with the Steam app). I have also tried to update to the Beta cliend, but I'm experiencing the same issue.
Last edited by Lovegaming; Jun 7, 2016 @ 1:41pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
wuddih Jun 7, 2016 @ 1:56pm 
limit the download speed to a very small value and/or disable background downloads while gaming, both in steam settings -> download.
AzKat Jun 7, 2016 @ 2:01pm 
I have the same issue, thing is I know what my issue is, and it's most likely your issue as well.

My HDD (500 gb, 5400 RPM, don't know what cache it is atm) is extremely sloooooow and whenever I set the DOWNLOAD SPEED LIMIT to unlimited (25MB/s) my laptop is freezing constantly.

However, if I set it to 10MB/s my pc(laptop) doesn't have any problems.

So, can you tell us what kind of hdd / ssd do you have? If it's an SSD then your problem isn't the storage, it's something else.
Lovegaming Jun 7, 2016 @ 2:30pm 
I have tried to limit the download speed, but still no results. I have download games with speeds up to 50MB/s (my PC can handle it) using Steam without having problems in the past, but as I said, I started to experience this issue 4 days ago.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 7, 2016 @ 1:37pm