This War of Mine

This War of Mine

View Stats:
InHave Mar 2, 2015 @ 3:49am
Broken loading on linux
Hello everyone, I have a small problem. When the game loads it often freezes hard. At this time in the logs there are such lines: "Loading of templates/UI/MainMenuUI is causing delay!" or "Loading of templates/UI/ScenarioSelectorUI is causing delay!" or something else. This line is repeated too many times ... In general, my question: may be somebody already encountered with this problem and knows how to solve it? My system is arch linux.

By the way after a huge amount of restarting the game, it works fine ... until next loadscreen.

P.S. Sorry for my broken English ^)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 116 comments
The game didn't start I only see the loading screen and nothing happend.



ConsoleOutput.html:

Unable to load shader source: meshwireframe.vsh
Resource loading failed (MeshWireframe/00000000000000000000000000000000.vsh)

Assertion failed! (old_size) in 102:/home/administrator/Source/branches/KosovoPCMaster/LiquidEngine/Core/MemoryAlignment.cpp. Info:

Loading of templates/UI/MainMenuUI is causing delay!
Loading of _system.ttf~012 is causing delay!
Loading of okuda$l.ttf~036 is causing delay!
Loading of okuda$l.ttf~060 is causing delay!
Loading of templates/UI/CreditsUI is causing delay!


System:

OS: Archlinux
AMD MSI R9 280X Gaming





Last edited by ***BlAuEr-ElEfAnT***; Mar 6, 2015 @ 1:08pm
more cowbell Mar 6, 2015 @ 2:00pm 
Seems like you Arch guys have something in common. Sorry I won't be of help but the minimum requirement is Ubuntu 12.4 and recommended is 14.4.

My recommendation would be to cut out a 10~12 GB partition and install Ubuntu or Mint to play the game. I run Mint 17 KDE Long Term Support release.

I can understand you guys wanting to stick to Arch with its rolling release but both Ubuntu and Mint LTS are supported for 5 years. I used to use PCLinuxOS with it's rolling release and enjoyed not having to reinstall every year but even then, once a major upgrade happened, you'd have to reinstall from a new ISO anyway.

I truly believe Mint LTS release is the way to go but that's just my opinion.

Good luck.
The problem is lib32-glibc.

With version 2.21-2 the game have no chance to start try downgrading to 2.20-6 an the game start without any problems.

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-glibc-2.20-6-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

don't forget to add lib32-glibc to pacman ignore list.

open /etc/pacman.conf and add IgnorePkg = lib32-glibc

here are the package: https://app.box.com/s/mngarhoc4o5jq0wofx6xee8r1jbt269o

I think it is not necessary to downgrade glibc.



I hope the developers find a solution for this.







Last edited by ***BlAuEr-ElEfAnT***; May 22, 2015 @ 3:12am
InHave Mar 7, 2015 @ 1:46am 
Originally posted by ***BlAuEr-ElEfAnT***:
The problem is lib32-glibc.

With version 2.21-2 the game have no chance to start try downgrading to 2.20-6 an the game start without any problems.

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-glibc-2-20-6-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

don't forget to add lib32-glibc to pacman ignore list.

open /etc/pacman.conf and add IgnorePkg = lib32-glibc

here are the package: https://app.box.com/s/mngarhoc4o5jq0wofx6xee8r1jbt269o

I think it is not necessary to downgrade glibc.



I hope the developers find a solution for this.
Wow, it really works. But I hope that developers will Fix this problem. Thank you so much.
dDann Mar 20, 2015 @ 11:28pm 
Couldn't find the original package
Originally posted by "**BlAuEr-ElEfAnT***":
/var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-glibc-2-20-6-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
. I installed the recommended package using Octopi. It automatically downgraded glibc for me.

Game runs perfect now.

OS: Manjaro Linux
Asus P56T
Intel i7 920 @ 3.8GHz
AMD Radeon HD5870
mysticfall Mar 27, 2015 @ 8:08am 
I believe I have the same problem with the upcoming Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid). It randomly hangs while loading and I have not been able to get past the welcome screen.

As Ubuntu is one of the most popular Linux distro for Steam, and 15.04 will be released in just a few weeks, I suppose they need to release a fix very soon otherwise more and more people will be affected by this problem.

I don't want to downgrade my system just to play this game. So I'll just wait until this problem to be fixed.
empty_hat Mar 27, 2015 @ 10:36am 
Same issue. I'm using Kubuntu 15.04 beta 2.
Dante Apr 1, 2015 @ 1:05am 
Arch Linux, same problem, fixed as ***BlAuEr-ElEfAnT*** suggested (thanks a lot!). But the command should be
sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-glibc-2.20-6-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
with "2.20" instead of "2-20".

The strange thing is that before the downgrade I've managed to load the game once (the 3rd try of ~20). Got to invent a term, the inverse of "schrödinbug". :)
Last edited by Dante; Apr 1, 2015 @ 1:15am
MAHdyr Apr 1, 2015 @ 4:58am 
Originally posted by EdJaws Linux:
Seems like you Arch guys have something in common. Sorry I won't be of help but the minimum requirement is Ubuntu 12.4 and recommended is 14.4.

My recommendation would be to cut out a 10~12 GB partition and install Ubuntu or Mint to play the game. I run Mint 17 KDE Long Term Support release.

I can understand you guys wanting to stick to Arch with its rolling release but both Ubuntu and Mint LTS are supported for 5 years. I used to use PCLinuxOS with it's rolling release and enjoyed not having to reinstall every year but even then, once a major upgrade happened, you'd have to reinstall from a new ISO anyway.

I truly believe Mint LTS release is the way to go but that's just my opinion.

Good luck.



That was the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing suggestion ever.. "Sure, let me reinstall my system, so I can play this game. Nevermind all the other reason I had for picking this OS."
Dante Apr 1, 2015 @ 6:57am 
Originally posted by MAHdyr:
That was the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing suggestion ever.. "Sure, let me reinstall my system, so I can play this game. Nevermind all the other reason I had for picking this OS."
Totally agreed. Linux is not supposed to be re-installed every year like Windows, it gradually absorbs all the user's preferences, his manual fixes, etc, even a part of his soul. To suggest such a 'solution' to a Linux user is to insult his intelligence and his religious feelings.
Last edited by Dante; Apr 1, 2015 @ 6:59am
more cowbell Apr 1, 2015 @ 7:13am 
Originally posted by Dante:
Originally posted by MAHdyr:
That was the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing suggestion ever.. "Sure, let me reinstall my system, so I can play this game. Nevermind all the other reason I had for picking this OS."
Totally agreed. Linux is not supposed to be re-installed every year like Windows, it gradually absorbs all the user's preferences, his manual fixes, etc, even a part of his soul. To suggest such a 'solution' to a Linux user is to insult his intelligence and his religious feelings.

Show me where I said reinstall every year?
Dante Apr 1, 2015 @ 7:18am 
Each year someone makes such a suggestion. :)
more cowbell Apr 1, 2015 @ 8:46am 
Again, show me where I suggested reinstalling every year?
Nibodhika Apr 1, 2015 @ 10:58am 
Originally posted by ***BlAuEr-ElEfAnT***:
The problem is lib32-glibc.

With version 2.21-2 the game have no chance to start try downgrading to 2.20-6 an the game start without any problems.

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/lib32-glibc-2-20-6-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

don't forget to add lib32-glibc to pacman ignore list.

open /etc/pacman.conf and add IgnorePkg = lib32-glibc

here are the package: https://app.box.com/s/mngarhoc4o5jq0wofx6xee8r1jbt269o

I think it is not necessary to downgrade glibc.



I hope the developers find a solution for this.

Thank you, that fixed the problem for me as well, I hope the devs fix this, or else this problem will begin to happen to a lot of people when they update their system.

Originally posted by EdJaws Linux:
I used to use PCLinuxOS with it's rolling release and enjoyed not having to reinstall every year but even then, once a major upgrade happened, you'd have to reinstall from a new ISO anyway.

Here is when you suggested ubuntu has to be reinstalled every year.

Also I have had Arch installed for over 5 years without any problem, there is never a big update when you update your system every day ;)

One more thing, this problem will happen to you when you decide to update your system, because ubuntu already has glibc 2.21 (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glibc)
more cowbell Apr 1, 2015 @ 2:34pm 
Originally posted by Nibodhika:

Originally posted by EdJaws Linux:
I used to use PCLinuxOS with it's rolling release and enjoyed not having to reinstall every year but even then, once a major upgrade happened, you'd have to reinstall from a new ISO anyway.

Here is when you suggested ubuntu has to be reinstalled every year.

Are you serious? Geesh, you 3 guys have reading comprehension problems. PCLinuxOS is a rolling release which means you don't have to reinstall ever year. The major upgrade I spoke of was the move from KDE3 to KDE4 on my PCLinuxOS install. PCLinuxOS is not Ubuntu. Never said anything about Ubuntu other than it's the recommended distro by the devs which, if you're not using a LTS release, you do have to reinstall ever year if you want to keep up to date. Got it? Good.

As far as the elitist jerk saying "That was the dumbest ♥♥♥♥ing suggestion ever" I only said that in case they couldn't find a solution which at the time I posted there wasn't one. Cutting out a 10 GB partition is not unheard of in the Linux world to install multiple distros to test them out. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

In the end I'm glad you found a solution. Nothing more, nothing less.

Originally posted by Nibodhika:
One more thing, this problem will happen to you when you decide to update your system, because ubuntu already has glibc 2.21 (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glibc)

I'm running Mint KDE 17 which is supported till April 2019 but thanks anyway.
Last edited by more cowbell; Apr 1, 2015 @ 2:34pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 116 comments
Per page: 15 30 50