STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
login | language
简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) ไทย (Thai) Български (Bulgarian) Čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Deutsch (German) Español - España (Spanish - Spain) Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America) Ελληνικά (Greek) Français (French) Italiano (Italian) Magyar (Hungarian) Nederlands (Dutch) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese - Portugal) Português - Brasil (Portuguese - Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) Suomi (Finnish) Svenska (Swedish) Türkçe (Turkish) Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) Українська (Ukrainian) Report a translation problem
Don't bother until crossplay.
Almost a year has passed since the release of King of Fighters XV and there are many of us who haven't stopped supporting your game.
We have clamored for an improvement in the online and you have brought us the rollback patch, which we are infinitely grateful for and look forward to the promised cross platform patch, in which you should be focusing all your resources along with improving the gaming experience online (what's included Refinement Patches).
That being said, the game doesn't need more characters until the ones we now have work.
The new 'refinement' patch that you have released is great, there are many things that we were crying out for and many others that have not been requested nor many of us understand why they are there, such as "Crouching LK for All Characters - No longer hits in-air opponents .".... Or rather it would be great, if this was the state of the game 2 months after its release. But a year has passed, a long time, and there hasn't been a notable improvement in this section.
Currently, and despite the fact that with the Christmas offers, online gaming activity has increased, again, finding a game takes between 5 and 40 minutes, to connect with someone with 300ms of lag and either we play like this or we don't play since there is no more options. That being said, is it your fault? No, certainly not, it is due to the few players that we still play the game, unfortunately less and less. And everything comes for various reasons.
1. You took too long to release the rollback patch. When the patch came out, many players had abandoned the game to go play another fighting game with better online.
2. You are taking too long to put in the cross platform patch. You should focus on that and not on continuing to release season passes. In order for players to buy the season passes there first have to be players who are still playing the game and it's getting harder and harder to get a good online experience due to the few people and horrible game balance.
3. There are many characters in the King of Fighters XV roster, with excellent quality and a number of moves that will satisfy even the most veteran of the genre. But when it comes to playing with people, there are basically 7 characters that can be played with. The ones that everyone selects and if you don't play with them you lose. Something that you have moderately improved in this patch, since you have really taken the throne from some characters to give it to others.
4. You should check for collisions. Many attack animations hit the opponent without contact. And just the opposite, animations on characters that make them practically immune to most, Clark's Frankensteiner, which is only hit by a few characters with long range, since most pass through the character without damaging he.
5. Last and not least the gameplay. It should be noted that you have improved and made it easier to perform all the specials that were originally complex to do, making it much easier for everyone. I think this is something that everyone has liked. But as for the execution of combos, the original system has been changed. If, for example, we select Angel, who is one of the characters with the most difficult combos to execute and if we compare her with her 2002 version, we can see that not only has she NOT maintained their effectiveness (she has been tremendously nerfed, until the point of being useless online), but if you try to do certain combinations like 'Under Blow' after executing 'Sobat' we see that we have to wait for it to hit the ground to execute it since it doesn't save the keys pressed in memory as it did originally. If you try to do 'Real Rave' after 'Under Blow' you will see that this change drastically increases the difficulty in this combination that was really easy to do in the original version.
The difficulty of handling this character forces me to play with the keyboard, something that XBox and Play Station users don't have, so for many players, this and other characters are not within their reach.
While we greatly appreciate the fact that you keep the original moves, it's been over 22 years and you haven't made the gameplay better, you've made it worse. Possibly this is one of the most critical points since it makes many characters useless online since the control of the character ends up being the real rival and not the other player.
It is also worth noting infinite combos, where in one of the hits he throws the opponent up and repeats the same combo again, throwing the opponent up again, and so on.
Or the fact of characters with excessively fast withdrawal or teleportation that launch Hadōken or the like, where more than a fighting game it seems like a run and catch you, a tactic that unfortunately is efficient. Something, that I do not understand how it can have been present for almost a year.
For all these reasons I feel that it is time to look back and look forward again. It is clear that the director Eisuke Ogura has shown that he is not qualified for this position and that if the situation continues like this, King of Fighters XV will be completely dead before EVO 2023.
It is time for the company to show its commitment to their users and to the King of Fighters title itself and to find a solution to all these problems before it is too late.
I hope that SNK continues to be worthy of our trust and that the director of Kinf of Fighters XV Eisuke Ogura shows his demission in favor of a someone capable of facing these challenges successfully.
Almost 2k people in game and I get matched with one single person from literally the other side of the world and with a 250ms connection in almost 2 hours of searching .