Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Madcap
Blk_Mage_Ctype 4/set./2013 às 16:33
The horror of Madcap Scout (A TF2 Creepypasta)
I feel reluctant to post this here, but after many sleepless nights I've don't know what else to do. I fear that it's too late for me now, but I'm hoping that at the very least I can save the rest of you, so please listen to my tale, and heed my warning...

Exactly two weeks ago I was browsing the Steam Workshop, looking at the latest submissions and rating them. At first it was like any other day on the workshop, there were a few good submissions here, a few bad ones there, and a small handful of troll submissions. But just as I was about to stop, just as I was about to call it quits and actually play some TF2, a peculiar submission caught my eye.
Take note, this highly peculiar screenshot I am about to post below is not itself dangerous, but the page it came from is.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...981E3443E9FD0/

Now if I had to guess, you're likely reacting to this picture in the same manner that I did when I first saw it, with laughter. Indeed, it is a very poor model, and a rather silly looking one at that. However, this deceptively humorous picture is actually quite terrifying... Or at least it would be, had you visited it's page on Steam Workshop as I did.
Even now I still don't have all the answers, but as near as I can figure, this model, and it's Steam Workshop page along with it, is cursed...

The first night after I had viewed it was restless and filled with nightmares, and so has been every night since then. I dream of the model from that page chasing me down a long hallway. It does not run, but glides in midair, relentlessly pursuing me until it at last catches up and I awaken in my bed safe and sound. However, with each passing night my mind grows weaker, and I can feel my sanity ebbing away.
Now, you may be thinking, "It just sounds like you're having a weird nightmare, just lay off the spicy foods before bed and it will go away." But unfortunately that is not the case...

The following night, just after my first nightmare, I experienced a frightening phenomenon while playing TF2. I had started the game and was headed to one of my favorite servers, a 24/7 rotation server of Payload Maps. However, once the page had finished loading, I found myself on a strange modded version of the map ctf_2fort, where it was night time with a full moon up in the sky. The map appeared to be empty, but upon bringing up the scoreboard, I discovered there was one other player on the map. "Madcap Scout" who despite being the only player on the server, had gained a few points. I tried to exit the map, seeing no point in playing with a single player, but when I clicked the disconnect button nothing would happen. Figuring that it was a glitch, I decided to just play for a minute or two then try again.

I walked around the map for a bit, but couldn't find the other player, so I assumed that he was just idling. But suddenly I heard a strange sound coming through the speakers of my headset. The sound was coming from behind me, I think it was one of Scout's lines, but it was so heavily garbled and digitized that I couldn't make out what he was saying. I turned around to see him floating there, the model from the workshop, the creature from my nightmares...Madcap Scout. The model looked especially jarring against the far superior model of the map itself. At first he just stood there, suspended in midair like any other model when using that old Civilian glitch, but then he started to glide towards me. Instinctively, I attempted to Puff n' Sting him, but neither the flames nor the airblast from my Degreaser had any effect on him. He did not catch on fire, nor did the airblast push him back, he just kept advancing forward, completely unscathed.

I tried to turn tail and run so that I could regroup, but suddenly the Madcap Scout performed a BOO! Taunt, similar to the one used by the Horseless Headless Horsemann and the ghost of Zepheniah Mann, and the Madcap Scout caught up with me.
At first nothing happened, he just floated into me and I froze, but then the Pyro let out a garbled, digitized scream and exploded into gibs. The next thing I knew, the screen went black, and I got the infamous "hl2.exe has stopped working" error message on my screen. I tried to restart the game, but it wasn't working. Defragmenting the cache files didn't help either. I had to completely reinstall the game before it would work, and by then, despite my best efforts, I was unable to reconnect to this strange map.

Ever since then, the nightmares have gotten substantially worse... The Madcap Scout haunts me in my dreams, pursuing me relentlessly, calling out to me incoherently in that garbled, digitized voice. I don't know what it wants from me, and I really don't care. Madcap Scout is pure evil, of that I am sure, and even if I knew what it wanted, I still would not indulge it. I'd rather die a free man than become its slave.
However, I fear my time draws short, I've resisted sleep for as long as I can, but soon, very soon...I will have to fall asleep, and face him one last time. I doubt that I'll make it through this next encounter, or at least not with my sanity intact, so with the last remnants of my will and sanity, I urge you not to go looking on the Steam Workshop for this model. I'm going to post the link here, but only so that you can report it to Valve and hopefully they will remove it before any further harm can be done. Also, it may just be delusions of my own addled mind, but part of me believes (or wants to believe) that since this is their game, that Valve could create a weapon that would destroy the Madcap Scout once and for all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll just rest my eyes for a bit...
Última edição por Blk_Mage_Ctype; 30/out./2022 às 18:50
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 46
freezing dude 17/set./2013 às 16:41 
How in the world will this thing freak you out.
Fleelix 18/set./2013 às 14:52 
2sp00ky/10 had me spooked rly gud.
[Poke☆] Tommy (Banido(a)) 22/set./2013 às 11:17 
I Tom wuz waking dun da rod wif Kile wen a madcup scut attucked me me sad me bled hyperdeelistic blud!!
Última edição por [Poke☆] Tommy; 22/set./2013 às 11:17
Mariofreak 25/set./2013 às 19:22 
AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT
AND THEN I TRIED THE SCORCH SHOT, BACKED UP WITH A SENTRY, A HEAVY AND HIS PRIMARY, A MEDIC, A DEMOMAN, A SOLDIER AND A SNIPER.

To make a long story short, he died in 10 minutes.
iLuvKoЯn 26/set./2013 às 7:40 
Escrito originalmente por The Wild West Pyro:
AND THEN I TRIED THE SCORCH SHOT, BACKED UP WITH A SENTRY, A HEAVY AND HIS PRIMARY, A MEDIC, A DEMOMAN, A SOLDIER AND A SNIPER.

To make a long story short, he died in 10 minutes.
THAT WASNT THAT BAD, I'LL BE BACK IN TEEEEEEEEEEEEEN MINUTES
Squirtleawesome 29/dez./2013 às 12:17 
Sorry that was me. I was playing on a modded server with the madcap scout misc in it. I equipped it. I dont think you downloaded the files right. Anyways, the map has a lot of background noises so it would seem like they were interfearing with the voice of the characters. That was a test run of course, and my game crashed too. I am sorry for the damage. Although, your experience was SLIGHTLY different than mine, so maybe it wasn't me. But I also had the nightmeres. They were a bit like this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167046023
TheCreeperIV 19/jan./2014 às 10:04 
TF2 Workshop Submisions in a nutshell
Shadow 19/fev./2014 às 17:29 
i belive this!
Mariofreak 8/mar./2014 às 0:51 
Última edição por Mariofreak; 8/mar./2014 às 0:58
rioN_miN 6/mai./2014 às 2:27 
Mabye he wants a dispenser made by you,like his garbled voice is saying: NEED A DISPENSER HERE!!!
LTS mr pibb 6/jul./2014 às 8:58 
this is 2 sprooky man even scarier than jefft he kiler and happy appy
Fiesta mode 24/jul./2014 às 11:16 
Escrito originalmente por MarioFreak:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPBC6pQa-o
Sweet dreams...
MON DUEEEEEE
skrubmen 8/set./2014 às 5:00 
I'm legit scared mate. For real D:
Última edição por skrubmen; 8/set./2014 às 5:05
skrubmen 8/set./2014 às 5:05 
Escrito originalmente por MarioFreak: