ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Play As Dino!
 Ce sujet a été épinglé, cela doit être important
Finntastic  [dév.] 23 mars 2016 à 7h59
FAQ and How To Play
As the autor of the mod I get a lot of question about the mod, here you can find an answer to some of your question. I your question is not answered here, ask it in one of the other discusions.

Frequently Asked Questions:

The Play As Dino option is not showing, what do i need to do?
Make sure you are looking in the right place, see also the question: 'Where can i choose a dino to play as?' If it isn't showing then the mod is probably not installed correct. The mod must be first in load order and make sure the files are downloaded.

Mod isn't in the mod list, what is going wrong?
This means the mod is not installed correct. First make sure it is downloaded and the installation is done (no more 'Installing ... mods' in the botton left corner). If it is just finished installing the mod, go back to the main menu and select Host/Local again, this will refresh the mod list. If it still doesn't show up, you can try forcing the mod to reïnstall. Go to this location in your Steam folder: Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods Here delete the Play As Dino mod files, the folder named 520154171. Go to the Steam page of the Play As Dino mod and resub, the mod will be downloaded again.

Where can i choose a dino to play as?
The menu where you can choose you're species to play as is located in the default character creation menu. Click 'Enable Play As Dino' in the top right corner and a list of dino's will appear. Click on one of the species in the menu and then click 'Create New Dino!'. Make a backup of your old save first, because you will create a new character! In previous version of the mod you had to open the menu by clicking 'N'.

How do I see the inventory of the dino?
You can see the inventory of the dino you are playing by pressing 'F'.

I am an invisible character and I can't die!
The player character when playing as a dino in invisible. This player also can't die so it can't be killed by wild dino's while playing. To kill yourself (also works when being a dino) use the 'Change Dino' option in the pause menu.

Can I lay eggs and form a pack?
Only certain dinos can mate, get babies and form a pack. See the dino list for all the breedable dinos. You need to be a female and you have to find a male of the same species. Get close to it and wait until the mating bar fills. You have to wait for the gestaton to end or the egg tto hatch. You need to drop eggs inside a nest.

Is this mod on multiplayer?
Yes and there is a server running this mod. See the Server List and Info discussion or in the Discussion scetion for active servers.

How do I play as dino's that aren't in the mod?
You can by clicking 'Custom Dino' in the Character Creation menu. You will spawn as an invisible character. Get a dino that isn't included in the mod or one from another mod, (force) tame it and ride it. Now you can be every dino you want to!

Is this mod compatible with other mods/maps?
Not really, this mod changes some of the core files like the player character, playercontroller and the HUD. This make it not compatible with mods that also change these files. With other mods it should work (I think 'green sticker' mods will work fine). Please note I haven't tested compatibility myself, but if you have played with multiple mods let me know what the results were.
This mod should work on any map.
So you can explore new environments as a dino if you get bored with the Island.

How to play:
Subscribe to the mod in the Steam Workshop. In ARK go to host/local game, select the Play As Dino mod. You can also play the mod on multiplayer. Create a new character, you can do this with the 'Change Dino' option in the Pause-menu. After clicking this you will die and be able to acces the Character Creation menu. (It is basically a shorter way to kill yourself)
In the Character Creation click ‘Enable Play As Dino’. Select a dino from the list and select a variant.

Controls:
WASD - Movement of the dino
LMB - Primary attack
RMB - Secondary attack (for Direwolf only: call other wolves to join your pack)
C -Special ability (not for all dino's)
Spacebar - Jump (for flyers: start flying or land)
F - View dino's inventory
N -Give a baby food (food won't be taken from inventory) (only when baby is near)
N - Delayed start playing dino (only if waterdino)
The Whistle commands and HUD controls are the same are similar to those of ARK.

Dernière modification de Finntastic; 3 juin 2018 à 8h02
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 234
Finntastic  [dév.] 3 avr. 2016 à 8h08 
Post question which you think should be added to this list below.
It isn't coming up with the option for 'Create A Dino', Did it install wrong or something?
Finntastic  [dév.] 5 avr. 2016 à 4h55 
InsanityKat a écrit :
It isn't coming up with the option for 'Create A Dino', Did it install wrong or something?

Do you see the Enable Play as Dino option?
FinntasticGames a écrit :
InsanityKat a écrit :

No
Finntastic  [dév.] 5 avr. 2016 à 22h22 
InsanityKat a écrit :
FinntasticGames a écrit :

No

Then it is probably not installed correctly. Make sure the mod is in the active mod list and try it without other mods.
My mod isn't coming up on the page
so I got into the game but I cant move as any of the dinos
Will dinos get attack abilities for example right clicking as a giga will toggle the enrage feature (at maybe the cost of health/stamina) For scorpions it could toggle between a venomous and non venomous attack.

Thinking of subbing once eurypterid is offically added in ;)
Can i grab somone/sometinhing playing flyers?
:steamsad:how long till the eggs are back?
Also can't see full list of dinos :( I see there's more but I can't scroll down.
Finntastic  [dév.] 21 avr. 2016 à 7h13 
That is only the Custom Dino you can't see in the Carnivores section. you can sellect the Custom Dino from the other sections.
NEW EGG SYSTEM plz
how do you force tame
Can you make an ADMIN only version of this mod? So admins could run about the island as Dinos and players never notice them? Maybe like the admin tools? You must hold something to activate the mod stuff. And only admins can get the item?
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 234
Par page : 1530 50