Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Ultimate Eras Mod (No longer supported)
This topic has been locked
Darth Arminius  [developer] Aug 27, 2015 @ 1:33pm
Prehistoric Wonder Suggestions
I need some suggestions and ideas for Prehsitoric Wonders. Any ideas/suggestions you have please post them here. Try to include as much information and detail as you can such as:

-Timeframe
-How it will fit in
-How it will work in game
-Yields/bonuses
-Prerequisites
-etc

Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
Dear Ambellina... Aug 28, 2015 @ 4:08pm 
Name: the burning water
Tech: fire controlling or sailing up 2 u
How it Fits in: It's fire on water i dont know what to say
How it will work: as a wonder?
Yields: +3% production +2 food +3 culture +2 faith or same but +2 culture +1 happiness up 2 u
Prerequisites: a bonfire and/or firepit in all cities and must be on coast or dock in all cites as well or just it(dock)

Custom wonder i though of while playing the mod

What do u think and first one woo-hoooooooooooooo :steamhappy::steamhappy::steamhappy:
Last edited by Dear Ambellina...; Aug 29, 2015 @ 12:39pm
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:10pm 
***Name: Carnac Stones

***Info: The Carnac stones are a dense collection of more than three thousand standing stones around the French village of Carnac—the largest such collection in the world. The stones were erected between 4500 and 3300 B.C. **This would put them in the late prehistoric era.

***How it will work: Seeing as nobody knows what they are there for it could be faith/culture/science. But I think this would be a good culture starter! here are some myths about them that make me come to this.

Although the stones date from 4500 BC, modern myths were formed which resulted from 1st century AD Roman and later Christian occupations, such as Saint Cornelius [better source needed] – a Christian myth associated with the stones held that they were pagan soldiers in pursuit of Pope Cornelius when he turned them to stone. Brittany has its own local versions of the Arthurian cycle. Local tradition claims that the reason they stand in such perfectly straight lines is that they are a Roman legion turned to stone by Merlin.

***Prefeq: City must be next to a flat peice of land(ie not hill, mtn or sea). Tech: Stone Working

***Yeilds: I was thinking to have a culture science mix it could be something like this.
+4 Culture and a Great Scientist Points: 1
You could obviously toy with outputs but this is what I like. My original post had like +4c +2s but I like this better!

EDIT:: I AM ADDING ANOTHER WONDER THAT IS ENTIRELY CULTURE SO!!!! @Barnenez
IF YOU USE BOTH THIS IDEA AND THAT, OR YOU JUST LIKE THIS OUTPUT BETTER____ THIS COULD(IF YOU WANT) BECOME A PURE SCIENCE WONDER VIA +(1 - 3) SCIENCE PER CITY & GREAT SCIENTIST POINT: 1
Last edited by Ximerous; Aug 28, 2015 @ 6:05pm
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:23pm 
***Name: Gobekli Tepe

***Info: Gobekli Tepe is generally considered to be the oldest religious structure ever found. Radiocarbon dating puts the site at between 10,000 and 9000 B.C. To put this age in perspective, more time passed between the building of Gobekli Tepe and the building of Stonehenge than between the building of Stonehenge and present day.

***How it will work: It is seen as sancturaries, obviously cannot be proven but that is gennerally accepted as it's purpose. Now you have moved stonhenge to prehistoric which I'm guessing is a placeholder because that is wrong. I would put this at rituals. It matches the time period better. Or even basic tools since it is so old, though that wouldn't line up with tech. Though my last suggestion for where to put it would be no prefeq since, to our knowlegde civilations did not have the tech to make this at the time it was, nor were there even 'rituals'/religion.
Tech: One of these three: None, Basic Tools, Rituals

***Prefeq: Just the Tech, whichever you choose

***Yeilds: +4 Faith +1 Great Eng point (so stonehenge -1 faith. Maybe make stonehenge up to like +8 since it's later on)

Last edited by Ximerous; Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:41pm
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:27pm 
Originally posted by Theprinceofgaming1:
Tech: fire controlling
How it Fits in: FIRE!!!!!
Yields: +3% production +2 food +3 culture +2 faith
Prerequisites: a bonfire and/or firepit in all cities and must be on coast

What do u thank and first one woo-hoooooooooooooo:steamhappy::steamhappy::steamhappy:
I'm not even sure what you are describing/want.
Dear Ambellina... Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:29pm 
Originally posted by Big Mandy:
Tech: fire controlling
How it Fits in: FIRE!!!!!
Yields: +3% production +2 food +3 culture +2 faith

What do u thank and first one woo-hoooooooooooooo:steamhappy::steamhappy::steamhappy:
Its just an idea i don't know ether shezzh
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:43pm 
Originally posted by Big Mandy:
Its just an idea i don't know ether shezzh
I just mean, describe it more. :) All you have described it as is - the burning water and a wonder. Be descriptive like, a pre historic 'great lighthouse' that when you have fire and rafting, rafts and boats would use it to come home, then have your yeilds, which you do. Not trying to say use that^. It is just an example! :)
Last edited by Ximerous; Aug 28, 2015 @ 6:03pm
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:50pm 
***Name: Cairn of Barnenez

***Info: A Prehistoric Burial Tomb, not much info. More particularly it is a Passage Grave. A passage grave (sometimes hyphenated) or passage tomb consists of a narrow passage made of large stones and one or multiple burial chambers covered in earth or stone. The building of passage tombs was normally carried out with megaliths and smaller stones; they usually date from the Neolithic Age.

***How it will work: It will be cultural as how societys burry their dead is their culture!

***Prefeq: Rituals Tech - Yes another ritual tech wonder but it gives two choices from rituals the cultural side or the faith side, I like that.

***Yeilds: +3 or 4 Culture +2 Happiness
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:52pm 
Not sure Final balancing of culture/science/faith for prehistoric so trying to match numbers with what I know! :)
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 6:01pm 
***Name: The Great Hunt

***Info: I made this one up, a large hunt that allows your people to feast for week to come! Look at How it works for more info.

***How it will work: It's not a building, though you would 'build it' kind of like the conecpt of world fair, accept one person gets it. It would be a Big Ass Hunt where you get lots of food as well as increasing happiness. If not too op -Starts a golden age

***Prefeq: Hunting and must have made a clubman(if possible)

***Yeilds: +4 Food +2 Happiness. If not too op -Starts a golden age
Bustopher Jones Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:01pm 
Name: Glyphs (or compass) of Nazca

Info: The Glyphs of Nazca is a famous set of ancient carvings on a hill, it works as a compass, and is one of the first instances of "mapping" found.

What it does: +4 science, +1 food, increases sight of pre-medieval era units by 1

prerequisites: not sure yet, maybe some variation of writing, but in the prehistoric era? like carving maybe.
Last edited by Bustopher Jones; Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:02pm
Devatora Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:07pm 
Name: Encounter

info: Meets Alien life forms

how it works: this is a technology that when discovered should give various Bonus effects to the corresponding Civ

such as: (production + 10% ) or (growth + 15% ) or ( Science + 5% ) or ( free random available building ) or (RARE: Free random available wonder )

I based this idea off the Alien Encounters that MIGHT have happened in ancient Egypt and Mayan/Aztec times
Ximerous Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:18pm 
Originally posted by Cpt. Schizzle:
Name: Glyphs (or compass) of Nazca

Info: The Glyphs of Nazca is a famous set of ancient carvings on a hill, it works as a compass, and is one of the first instances of "mapping" found.

What it does: +4 science, +1 food, increases sight of pre-medieval era units by 1

prerequisites: not sure yet, maybe some variation of writing, but in the prehistoric era? like carving maybe.
Sweet Idea, I dig it.
Dear Ambellina... Aug 29, 2015 @ 7:20am 
Originally posted by msnake98:

how it works: this is a technology that when discovered should give various Bonus effects to the corresponding Civ

such as: (production + 10% ) or (growth + 15% ) or ( Science + 5% ) or ( free random available building ) or (RARE: Free random available wonder )

I based this idea off the Alien Encounters that MIGHT have happened in ancient Egypt and Mayan/Aztec times
cool idea i likeit but what would tech be and how long would it last?
Last edited by Dear Ambellina...; Aug 29, 2015 @ 7:21am
Dear Ambellina... Aug 29, 2015 @ 7:32am 
Tech: fire controlling or sailing up 2 u
How it Fits in: It's fire on water i dont know what to say
Yields: +3% production +2 food +3 culture +2 faith or same but +2 culture +1 happiness up 2 u

What do u think and first one woo-hoooooooooooooo :steamhappy::steamhappy::steamhappy:

Originally posted by msnake98:

kinda like this was my idea, something new
Drezzy Aug 29, 2015 @ 10:30am 
Hi before I give my ideas of prehistoric wonders, I would like to say that I am really excited for this mod, and I feel that you have made awesome progress so far, Great job!

Wonder 1: Pumapunku

Date Created: 536–600 AD Though not a prehistoric wonder, it could be fit in with the ancient or classical era.

Brief Info: Even though this ancient city is not technicaly in the prehistoric era, it was prehistoric for the Inca. The Inca believe that this was where the creation of the world happened. Pumapunku is famous for its giant stone carvings and slabs, one weighing in at 131 metric tons,(144 tons). Famous for its I and H shaped slabs, these slabs are carved within andesite and red sandstone, which are tough stones to carve with. These carving are so precise, that only a diamond pointed tool could carve it with such precision. There are many nearby quarries where a large amount of stone has been mined.

Recommended yield: +2 production, +1 faith, +2 culture or +3 production, +1 faith, +1 culture

Wonder 2: Gobekli Tepe

Date Created: 9,000-10,000 B.C.

Brief Info: The Gobekli Tepe is so old that sciencetists believe that it is was construcsted before humans learned how to domesticate plants and animals, (grow food and raise animals). It is believed to be the oldest temple or shrine in the world.

Location: The Gobeki Tepe is in Anatolia, or present day Turkey.

Recommended yield: +1 faith, +2 cultural, or +2 faith +1 culture
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
Per page: 1530 50