Left 4 Dead 2

Left 4 Dead 2

The Ultimate Mod Testing and Reviewing Area - Main Files
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
мяFunreal  [developer] Feb 3, 2018 @ 1:27pm
FAQ
Hello.

Before I start I'd like to remind those people that have no idea about how the addon system works, that conflict errors merely state that two or more addons have the same file in it.
"Conflicts" do not break your game or prevent you from playing.
Whichever was the last installed addon (at least locally installed ones) will have priority over the older ones, so you will usualyl see the newer content.
Not that anything inside TUMTaRA should ever conflict with anything else, really.

Anyways. Here are some frequently asked questions.

How do I open the console?
Look at this guide picture[i.imgur.com]

How do i load the maps properly, via console?
Use the "Map" cvar followed by the map name. i.e: "Map Tumtara".
Alternatively, "map ani" will lock onto "map tumtara_animations" or "map surv" will lock onto "map tumtara_survivors"

I load the map via console, but i still get the "no cheat enabled" warning.
  1. Apparently, the cvar "sv_pure 1" fixes this. I have no way of testing this, as this issue does not appear to me, but another user told me this would work.
  2. Supposedly, cheats get stuck on "sv_cheats 0" if you are loading into any map after you've played on another map. So you need to load TUMTaRA through the console right after launching the game.
    I do not have any proof of this either, but some people claimed this to be the case.
Why do i need to load the map via console?
Why can't you just make the map without requiring cheats?
Some things cannot function at all without the use of cvars that are flagged as cheats.
For example, the music map uses the cvar "Stopsound" to stop the music from playing. Which is not possible to do without this "cheat"

Loading the map in console gives me this error: CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'maps/tumtara.bsp' map load failed: tumtara not found or invalid
This happens when a map from an addon is loaded after you had already played on any other map. That is just how the game is coded.
Restart the game and directly launch TUMTaRA maps, without playing anything beforehand.

Alternatively: Unpack the TUMTaRA maps into your main game's map folder so that they are no longer treated as an addon and should be loaded.

My game crashes when i load the map
Your computer might just not be able to handle the map with all the mods you have enabled.
I, myself, can load the map perfectly fine, so i can not test this issue.

Can't Pick up CSS Guns, unique guns and lots of items.
This should be adressed, as a Vscript gives you the items.
If that does not work, load the map via console.

I can't pick up the riot shield
The Riotshield requires a melee weapon script to be present.
This script can be made yourself or gotten from a Riotshield Unlocker Mod

Why is my skybox a missing texture?
The map is compiled to run on HDR and the skybox texture does not have a LDR fallback. Meaning that the skybox can not find a texture to show you, cause it got none.
That is valve's fault for not adding that.
However, you can install this mod to fix that issue.

ERROR: FLOW IS BROKEN - DIRECTOR CANNOT POPULATE WORLD
This Error means that there is no nav mesh in the map. This is intended.
If I had a navmesh, bots won't stand still, run around, pick up things and infected will spawn.
Last edited by мяFunreal; Jul 29, 2023 @ 4:18am