Don't Starve

Don't Starve

Customize your wilderness adventure!
Create and upload new mods to add new characters, items, and game mechanics to Don't Starve. Explore new ways to survive in the wilderness, or create new challenges for yourself and others. Click here to learn more and get started!
Weizen1988 Oct 12, 2015 @ 10:07am
Charcoal kiln
Ive got no idea how something like this would work, never even looked at how modding works, but I know the current mod that sounds like it does this is reportedly broken. Would it be difficult to throw together a mod that made either some kind of variant of the crockpot that could cook wood into charcoal, or a variant of the firepit to burn stuff into charcoal? burning down forests to get one piece per tree is, kind of insane. The current (broken i guess) mod that did something like this made the firepit harvestable, which sort of works, except it means im turning piles of manure into charcoal, and is, well, broken/out of date for like 2 years.
Last edited by Weizen1988; Oct 12, 2015 @ 10:08am
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Sapphire Bullets Oct 31, 2015 @ 8:05am 
In abscence of a mod, I usually find it better to just plant pinecones in clusters of six (Or ten, whatever suits you) and then set fire to them after they've grown up in the space of a day.
Weizen1988 Oct 31, 2015 @ 8:13am 
Originally posted by Sapphire Bullets:
In abscence of a mod, I usually find it better to just plant pinecones in clusters of six (Or ten, whatever suits you) and then set fire to them after they've grown up in the space of a day.
Thats pretty much what I do now, I just find it extremely silly, and it was my understanding that charcoal is made, in very general terms, by burying a fire in a pile of dirt and stuff so it smoulders and all that, doesnt fully burn. So figured it was worth asking.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 12, 2015 @ 10:07am