- SKSE : This is THE mod that will make almost every other mod work properly. SKSE stands for "Skyrim Script Extender". It does exactly that: it extends the possible string of scripts that can run at once inside Skyrim. A must. Technical BS aside, this mod cannot be posted on the Steam Workshop because it alters the main EXE and that's against the law or something like that. So that why SKSE must be downloaded from an external source.
- SkyUI : The ugliest thing about Skyrim is it's inventory screen. SkyUI overhauls it completely and makes it more like what it was in Oblivion. Again, this one is a must. I can't picture myself going back to the original inventory screen. eww....
- Auto-Unequip Ammo : Simple mod here. This unequips the arrows or bolts when you equip something that's not a bow or crossbow. Purely cosmetic. You can do this manually but that's why this mod exsist: automated unequip script!
- Unread Book Glow : Any book you haven't read will glow. Very useful for knowing if you missed a Skill book somewhere.
- Kontrol : Instead of having only 2 hotkeys for your Controlller, you can now have 8 like keyboard user! Take that system! You can even use Auto-Run and Quicksaves! Now that's progress baby!
- The Cartographer's Map Markers : This mod adds new map markers for places in the game which don't have one. Hunter camps, landmarks, odd ruins, etc... This mod is not really nessecary, but it's fun to know where you've been.
- A Quality World Map - With Roads : Use this mod with the mod above. What this one does is replace the default map with a more detailed map of your choosing.
- Unofficial Patches : These are community-made patches which helps repair the mess Bethesda didn't have time to fix, which can include but is not limited to: item placement errors, quest bugs and glitches and random freaky errors.
- Imp's More Complex Needs : An attempt to make an "hardcore mode" for Skyrim in the likes of Fallout New Vegas. You need to Eat, Drink and Sleep or else your character will grow weak and die. It also has a Complex mode where maintaining a steady diet is crucial to your survival. This mod ain't for noobs.
- Spend Dragon Souls For Perks : Like the title says, you can spend your dragon souls and exchange them for perk points. This is a mod for endgame characters, as in you won't use this in the beginning.
- Pure Water : Replaces default water with something more believable and nicer to watch.
- Project Reality: Climates of Tamriel : This adds a variety of climate to the game like heavy rain, thunder, fog, etc. The biggest highlight of this mod is how it makes night darker, which makes you use Torches and Sleep more often to make more use of daylight. You won't go adventuring at night anymore, thanks to this mod for the night is dark and full of terrors....
- Sounds of Skyrim : The Dungeons, The Wild and Civiliazation : This is a 3 part sound mod that will add a variety of ambient sounds to either dungeons, nature or towns. The best one of the 3 is The Wild, the sounds for nature. Combine this with the mod above and huuuh... yeah.... You won't go out at night anymore. :D
The following mod are more or less considered cheating. But whatever, Skyrim is solo offline game. Who's gonna ban you? XD
- Lockpick Pro : Show the debug information when lockpicking, meaning, you can never ever fail. Skyrim's lockpicking interface was meant for controller users with joysticks and rumble packs.
Joysticks allow you to turn lockpicks more slowly, reducing the risk of breaking it. When you lockpick with a controller, the controller will rumble at a certain force, giving you a clue that you're in the hotzone.
PC users do not have rumble packs in their keyboards or mouses, so it can be very hard for kb+m users to know if they're in the hotzone or not. No joystick means no slow analog lockpick turning, which result in the picklock breaking 80% of the time, even on easy locks. That's because pressing A or D when lockpicking with a keyboard equal a fully throttled joystick, which means the pick is always turned at full strenght with keyboards.
All in all, I say, lockpicking for keyboard users is not good...
- Midas Magic - Spells for Skyrim : Adds craftable magic spells. My most used spell with this mod is Haste, Conjure Pickaxe and Revive. Not really cheating since you have to craft them, but some spells are overpowered, like the modder clearly states in his description.
- Conjure Rideable Ethereal Horse Spell : HELL YEAH. You read the title right. This spell will allow you to summon a ghost horse that you can ride. This horse cannot die, runs very fast and comes in 5 different color variety. You even have the option to conjure a second horse for your follower. This mod made me stop abusing Fast Travel and enjoy the scenery a bit more.
I class this mod as cheating because you can jump down very high mountains with your ghost horse and it won't die. Also, horse archery can become super easy. Just think you're Ghengis Khan and a lvl 5 noob could kill 2 giants and 3 mammoth just by doing hit and runs. You can also flee battles easily. Oh, and did I say you can summon your horse inside towns and dungeons? Even inside houses and stores? Yeah. :)
- Bag of Holding : This is your personnal hammerspace. This bag has infinite carrying capacity. Just put this as one of your Hotkey and when you're over-encumbered, open the bag, put the trash loot in it and continue your adventure instead of backtrakcing over 9000 times to the local town to sell your stuff.
I guess this is what happens when you've been spoiled by infinite inventory space like Gothic 3. Taking off the weight limit helps streamline the game more into your liking for a more continuous adventure rather than an annoying sequence of town "pit stops".
There's also a mod called "Bandoliers and Pouches" which adds equipable belt pouches that increases your inventory space. This mod could be used instead for non-cheating purist.
- The Evil Mansion - Dark Edition : This is a re-enactement of Resident Evil 1 in Skyrim. Has lots of puzzles and lots of stuff to kill. The mansion looks small from outside, but the inside is on a 1:1 scale with the original game. A very cool mod.
- Moonpath to Elsweyr : Tired of Skyrim snowy mountains? Feel like taking a little vacation in a tropical setting while riding an airship with a skooma-drinking khajiit pirate? This one's for you. This is a short and sweet "DLC". It secretly resuses recolored assets to make you think you're in a desert or a jungle.
- Isilmeriel's LOTR Weapons : Adds a variety of weapons from Lord of the Rings, including Sauron's Mace, Anduril, Spiderbane and Legolas' Elven Longbow.
- Lord of the Ring Pack : Adds craftable jewelry from Lord of the Rings, including Galadriel's Evenstar and the "One ring to rule them all", Isildur's Bane.
That's it for now. I hope this little guide/collection will help you make Skyrim a better game.
IMPORTANT: This mod requires Dawnguard. If you don't have Dawnguard get this version instead: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=13206
If you already use the other version: "Auto Unequip Arrows" mod then follow these steps to make clea...
Hate your over-confident, easily killed, dragon fodder horse? This mod adds a "Conjure Ethereal Horse" spell which allows the player to summon a rideable, mystical, lemony-fresh steed! Read on for more action-packed details!
If you play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with an Xbox 360 Gamepad for Windows, you probably have noticed how difficult it is to access your favorites and use the quicksave/quickload features, especially if you are used to accessing hotkeys 1-8 on your keyb...
This mod adds a small collection of Lord of the Rings themed Jewellery for Skyrim; including Arwen's Evenstar, Narya the Ring of Fire, Nenya the Ring of Adamant, Vilya the Ring of Sapphire, and the One Ring. All items can be crafted at the forge with the ...
-Adds 506 new weather systems
-Adds 2024 new and unique days, night, dawn and dusk
-Adds a massive library of new cloud visuals
-Adds fork lightning visuals and new thunder sounds
-Adds natural and f...
Books which you have not read yet will have a visible glow. When you
read a book for the first time, its glow will disappear. All copies
of the same title are considered the same book, so once you've read
one "Cats of ...
Announcing my new project Oberon's Court
View the teaser trailer here.
support it by visiting my greenlight concept here
This Mod adds a ring which casts the candle light spell for an infinite duration, this ring does not take up a ring slot so both this ring and another can be worn. The ring can be bought form the mage Wuuferth in Windhelm. The ring can now be disenchanted...
This simple mod adds quest markers to all 24 of the Stones of Barenziah (Unusual Gems) that you need to find/collect for the "No Stone Unturned" quest.
The markers are only added after you take an "Unusual Gem" to Vex, and she gives you the objective to ...