Welcome to my list of mods for Skyrim which I can't live without. Here's a brief explanation of why I use these.
Dec 29 2015 Edit: After taking a long break and coming back to Skyrim, I took a second look at my list and updated it. Some mods which I deemed not that essential were removed.
- SKSE : This is THE mod that will make almost every other mod work properly. SKSE stands for "Skyrim Script Extender". It does exactly that: it extends the possible string of scripts that can run at once inside Skyrim. A must.
- LOOT - Once called "BOSS", this updated mod sorting tool is widely known for its uses in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. After getting all your mods, run this baby once and every mods you have get sorted according to a community-made masterlist.
- Unofficial Patches : These are community-made patches which helps repair the mess Bethesda didn't have time to fix, which can include but is not limited to: item placement errors, quest bugs and glitches and random freaky errors.
- SkyUI : The ugliest thing about Skyrim is it's inventory screen. SkyUI overhauls it completely and makes it more like what it was in Oblivion. Again, this one is a must. I can't picture myself going back to the original inventory screen. eww....
- Kontrol : Instead of having only 2 hotkeys for your Controlller, you can now have 8 like keyboard user! Take that system! You can even use Auto-Run and Quicksaves! Now that's progress baby!
- Auto-Unequip Ammo : Simple mod here. This unequips the arrows or bolts when you equip something that's not a bow or crossbow. Purely cosmetic. You can do this manually but that's why this mod exsist: automated unequip script!
- Unread Book Glow : Any book you haven't read will glow. Very useful for knowing if you missed a Skill book somewhere.
- The Cartographer's Map Markers : This mod adds new map markers for places in the game which don't have one. Hunter camps, landmarks, odd ruins, etc... This mod is not really nessecary, but it's fun to know where you've been.
- Project Reality: Climates of Tamriel : This adds a variety of climate to the game like heavy rain, thunder, fog, etc. The biggest highlight of this mod is how it makes night darker, which makes you use Torches and Sleep more often to make more use of daylight. You won't go adventuring at night anymore, thanks to this mod for the night is dark and full of terrors....
- Sounds of Skyrim : The Dungeons, The Wild and Civiliazation : This is a 3 part sound mod that will add a variety of ambient sounds to either dungeons, nature or towns. The best one of the 3 is The Wild, the sounds for nature. Combine this with the mod above and huuuh... yeah.... You won't go out at night anymore. :D
- No Vampire attacks before Dawnguard Main Quest : Pretty self-explanatory. No blood-suckers will attack and kill your NPC until you step into the Dawnguard castle.
- When Vampires Attack : Villagers will hide in their homes when vampire attacks instead of fighting.
- Stone of Barenziah Quest Markers : Adds quests marker for Skyrim's most annoying unmarked quest.
- EzE's - Remove 3D Map Camera Restrictions : Removes pan and zooming restrictions in the map menu.
- Bandoliers - Bags and Pouches : Adds craftable belt pouches and bags that increases your carrying weight.
- Field Lab : Conjurable small house that can be summoned almost everywhere. Perfect as a temporary safehouse.
- Ring of Candlelight : Adds special off-hand rings that casts free infinite Candlelight when equiped.
The following mod are more or less considered cheating. But whatever, Skyrim is solo offline game. Who's gonna ban you?
- Bag of Holding : This is your personnal hammerspace. This bag has infinite carrying capacity. Just put this as one of your Hotkey and when you're over-encumbered, open the bag, put the trash loot in it and continue your adventure instead of backtrakcing over 9000 times to the local town to sell your stuff.
- Conjure Rideable Ethereal Horse Spell : HELL YEAH. You read the title right. This spell will allow you to summon a ghost horse that you can ride. This horse cannot die, runs very fast and comes in 5 different color variety. You even have the option to conjure a second horse for your follower. This mod made me stop abusing Fast Travel and enjoy the scenery a bit more.
I class this mod as cheating because you can jump down very high mountains with your ghost horse and it won't die. Also, horse archery can become super easy. Just think you're Ghengis Khan and a lvl 5 noob could kill 2 giants and 3 mammoth just by doing hit and runs. You can also flee battles easily. Oh, and did I say you can summon your horse inside towns and dungeons? Even inside houses and stores? Yeah. :)
Hate your over-confident, easily killed, dragon fodder horse? This mod adds a "Conjure Ethereal Horse" spell which allows the player to summon a rideable, mystical, lemony-fresh steed! Read on for more action-packed details!
If you play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with an Xbox 360 Gamepad for Windows, you probably have noticed how difficult it is to access your favorites and use the quicksave/quickload features, especially if you are used to accessing hotkeys 1-8 on your keybo...
-Adds 506 new weather systems
-Adds 2024 new and unique days, night, dawn and dusk
-Adds a massive library of new cloud visuals
-Adds fork lightning visuals and new thunder sounds
-Adds natural and fa...
Elegant, PC-friendly UI mod for Skyrim with many advanced features. All improvements seamlessly integrate with the style of the original interface. Version 5 includes better crafting, enchanting, alchemy and smithing menus and several other enhancements.
Books which you have not read yet will have a visible glow. When you read a book for the first time, its glow will disappear. All copies of the same title are considered the same book, so once you've read one "Cats of Skyr...
This Mod adds a ring which casts the candle light spell for an infinite duration, this ring does not take up a ring slot so both this ring and another can be worn. The ring can be bought form the mage Wuuferth in Windhelm. The ring can now be disenchanted ...
This simple mod adds quest markers to all 24 of the Stones of Barenziah (Unusual Gems) that you need to find/collect for the "No Stone Unturned" quest.
The markers are only added after you take an "Unusual Gem" to Vex, and she gives you the objective to f...
Adds two new spells based on the classic Mark, Recall, and Divine Intervention spells from Morrowind. The spells have been asigned to the school of Conjuration because teleporting is sort of like reverse summoning.
Removes the camera limits/restrictions to the 3D map. You can now zoom in on Markarth and Solitude (as well as get a view behind them). You can also get a better view of the icy shore near the College of Winterhold.
This is not a "Skyrim.ini" tweak. Infac...