Strike 2, Steam.
It's too often that Steam has been going down as of late. They REALLY need do some server management or something. There is no excuse for such a thing like this to happen. All this is is mediocrity. You better fix it, Steam, or else you'll see me jumping back to consoles.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 23
Black Blade 19/mar./2014 às 16:56 
Well what really need to ask is why its happening.. is something going wrong? or are they updating the servers with something big?
I have no idea, but whatever it is it's a complete joke, like it's being managed by 4 college students having 3 servers in their dorms riddled with pizza stains all over them.
Black Blade 19/mar./2014 às 17:01 
Escrito originalmente por Shantae: Half-Genie Hero:
I have no idea, but whatever it is it's a complete joke, like it's being managed by 4 college students having 3 servers in their dorms riddled with pizza stains all over them.
lol
Well maybe it is :D: who really knowns...
But i guess we may see in some time if any thing big will come out
Requimatic 19/mar./2014 às 17:03 
Valve's servers have been lagging for the bigger part of a month now. Maybe more like six weeks. Here's what's happening:

1. TF2 quickplay browser shows me a server with 65-70ms latency. I connect.
2. I get in to the game, my latency instantly jumps to 90, 100, or higher. And stays that way.
3. Regardless of some people thinking 100-150 latency is acceptable, it is not for me. Severe jittering occurs, and things like sniping and rocket jumping become near-impossible because of it.
4. A tracert to said server results in 7 decent hops, and then 23 time outs.

This has been going on since early February. To my knowledge Valve has said nothing about it. I'm not the only one it's happening to either; I've had L4D2 players tell me the same thing is happening to them.

I've contacted my ISP, and it's nothing on their end. My router is not the cause of the problem, as this continues to happen whether it's connected or not.

Getting really tired of this. I can't help but imagine how bad it's been for players over seas, like in Australia.
Escrito originalmente por Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
lol
Well maybe it is :D: who really knowns...
But i guess we may see in some time if any thing big will come out

There better be. Even GTA V, Diablo 3, Sim City, and Battlefield 4 were more reliable at launch than Steam at this point.
Shasow 19/mar./2014 às 17:10 
Diablo 3
Come on now, it's not that bad.
Escrito originalmente por Shasow:
Diablo 3
Come on now, it's not that bad.

Give it time. Soon..... :fscared:
crunchyfrog 19/mar./2014 às 17:34 
The problem here is not really Valve's.

The servers which have been getting overloaded are those they have to buy/rent from outside sources. There's only so much they can do (apart from bollock them).

It is NOT Steam going down, by the way, simply becuase it has been up consistently for those that are lucky enough to live in smaller populated areas (such as myself). The steam server checking pages (official and otherwise) back this up.

Yes, I'm sorry, you're gong through this, as it would be bloody frustrating, but just make sure you're directing your chagrin at the right people.
Black Blade 19/mar./2014 às 17:36 
Escrito originalmente por crunchyfrog:

The servers which have been getting overloaded are those they have to buy/rent from outside sources. There's only so much they can do (apart from bollock them).

It is NOT Steam going down, by the way, simply becuase it has been up consistently for those that are lucky enough to live in smaller populated areas (such as myself). The steam server checking pages (official and otherwise) back this up.

Yes, I'm sorry, you're gong through this, as it would be bloody frustrating, but just make sure you're directing your chagrin at the right people.
Thanks that is some usfull info, by the way how you find that out..?
crunchyfrog 19/mar./2014 às 18:53 

Thanks that is some usfull info, by the way how you find that out..?

Simple - they've stated many times (from Burton J on the other forums) that this is what they do. Much like most other companies, they rent server space. Buying them in totalis would be a stupid idea.

Secondly, a simple Google will give you various webpages that keep an eye on server stats. The community for the US has been experiencing issues, but not Steam as a whole.

And lastly, for what I've already said - I'm lucky I live in rural England and congestion is almost never an issue for me. I leave Steam on one of my PCs 24-7. The last issue I had was the freebie for Left 4 Dead 2 at Christmas. So if the WHOLE of Steam were down, how could I possible be connected?
Black Blade 19/mar./2014 às 19:03 
k Thanks for the response
crunchyfrog 19/mar./2014 às 19:55 
k Thanks for the response

Not a problem - always a pleasure to shed light on issues :)
It's too often that Steam has been going down as of late. They REALLY need do some server management or something. There is no excuse for such a thing like this to happen. All this is is mediocrity. You better fix it, Steam, or else you'll see me jumping back to consoles.
That ultimatum.. oh boy. Where is my eyeroll emote when I need it.
Spybot™ 20/mar./2014 às 7:21 
... how could I possible be connected?

Duh .. the steam client tries to reconnect automatically. Once the network is back up you are connected again. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. On the last few downtimes i could play single player games just fine. I could not use any online stuff like the shop, matchmaking or the friendslist. I could not start steam on a different pc while the servers were down.
crunchyfrog 20/mar./2014 às 7:27 
Escrito originalmente por Spybot™:
... how could I possible be connected?

Duh .. the steam client tries to reconnect automatically. Once the network is back up you are connected again. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. On the last few downtimes i could play single player games just fine. I could not use any online stuff like the shop, matchmaking or the friendslist. I could not start steam on a different pc while the servers were down.

Please don't say "duh", if you don't mind. I'm a little uneasy which such things, being disabled (I'm not having a go, this is just a polite request).

I think you misunderstand me. When I say it's connected all that time, it IS connected and this is backed up by the steam server stats pages you can find if you Google.

That's my point. Steam isn't down; it's the interim servers. That's why some experience issues and others don't.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 23
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 19/mar./2014 às 16:32