CJ RageGamer Feb 17 @ 2:54pm
Videos?
Am I the only one having issues with watching trailers/videos on steam? I go to a game page, and the video is skipping around like I'm trying to watch it on a potato powered toaster.

It's not my hardware or connection.

UPDATE:
Updating flash plugin for Steam seems to have fixed the issue.
Last edited by CJ RageGamer; Feb 23 @ 12:12pm
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
hairdo Feb 20 @ 12:46am 
I haven't been able to watch any trailers since the latest update.
marianne~ Feb 20 @ 6:00am 
I don't know what it's called, but when I try to watch a trailer, it plays a tiny bit and then pauses to load and repeats this til I finally just give up. Didn't have this problem awhile back with my old desktop PC, but do now with my new desktop gaming rig.
CJ RageGamer Feb 20 @ 5:11pm 
Well then I guess the next question is: What do we have in common that is causing this, since this isn't a problem everyone is having.

What are your guys hardware?
Mine:
CPU: FX-8320
GPU: Radeon 7950
RAM: 8 GB RipJaw
HDD: Seagate 500GB
MB: ASRock 990FX Extreme3
sk4rum Feb 21 @ 4:30am 
I have no Problems with the videos.
AMD FX6100, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win8
marianne~ Feb 21 @ 8:18am 
Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz
8 GB RAM
Win8/64bit
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC + 2G
EVGA 600 B 80 plus Bronze Act power extra
Extra fan

You're a bunch more knowledgeable re this than I am. Hope I covered everything. ???
DeF Feb 21 @ 8:43am 
AMD PhenomII X6 1075T 3.0GHz
RAM 8GB
AMD Radeon HD 6970
Win7 Prof 64bit
Kargor Feb 21 @ 10:19am 
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm having no problems with the trailers. That's Firefox 24.0 with a reasonably recent Flash plugin running on a Win7 box.
marianne~ Feb 21 @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by Kargor:
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm having no problems with the trailers. That's Firefox 24.0 with a reasonably recent Flash plugin running on a Win7 box.

Hmmm...Mine is new and I do use Firefox. So maybe I haven't checked the Flash plugin.
CypherGamer01 Feb 22 @ 11:40am 
I haven't been able to view any game trailers for months with the STEAM application. I can watch them just fine if I use a web browser. So something about the Steam software is just not working correctly with my computer.

AMD Phenom X4 4ghz, 8gb ram, Radeon HD 4670 1gb, Win 7 Pro, 25mb cable connection.

No clue what is going on. I can download games, view pictures etc just fine, but the videos play for 3 seconds, pause while sound continues, then plays another 3 sec or so all the way through, even though it looks like the video is properly buffering.
Last edited by CypherGamer01; Feb 22 @ 11:42am
CJ RageGamer Feb 23 @ 12:07pm 
Ok so since I see zero pattern for hardware, that leaves it to plugin/driver issues.
I am going to try testing different verions of flash plugin to see how that effects it.
CJ RageGamer Feb 23 @ 12:10pm 
Updating the flash plugin seems to have fixed it for me. Anyone else confirm this as a fix?
SuperNewb Mar 22 @ 1:53am 
It appears that by default steam usses the built in HTML 5 player if you don't specifically install flash on your computer, and the built in HTML 5 player for webkit isn't working well with the Steam store and is having trouble buffering the videos. I think Valve may want to look into their servers...

Since I use Chrome as my main browser I have no need to use the standalone flash installer and Steam seems to be stuck with not properly playing videos from the Steam store
Last edited by SuperNewb; Mar 22 @ 1:54am
CJ RageGamer Mar 22 @ 1:24pm 
Even if you have Chrome, as it is all I use as well, you can still download the standalone driver and that should fix the stuttering since it will then use the installed standalone rather than the built-in. At least that's what I've experienced.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 17 @ 2:54pm