Ce sujet a été verrouillé
Origin's anti-Steam strategy
It appears the bigs at EA want to muscle steam out of the predominant PC vendor slot.

Their strategy? Get folks to sign up to get free games and promotions; think of it as a loss leader strategy.
Dernière modification de Illimitus; 12 mai 2014 à 22h42
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 31
Eh, not like anyone's complaining about free games.
exactly, its a good strategy
Still, you know what would be a better tactic for them? Bring down the prices of their games and DLC. I don't think the price of DLC for ME3 has ever gone down.
OnE 12 mai 2014 à 23h02 
Origin wants to beat Steam ??
ha ha
funny
Assassin_c a écrit :
Origin wants to beat Steam ??
ha ha
funny

I think they know they'll never beat Steam, but they still want a big piece of that big juicy digital distribution market-share ass.
Yep, its not like Valve has ever given away a game they own for free. I mean doing somthing like that would likely crash their servers. *cough* L4D2 *cough*
I'm not complaining. In fact I'm finding Origin more enjoyable than Steam at this point.
Oh no! They're trying to lure you in to use Origin! It's all a big conspiracy!
...Who cares? It's free games! It's not like there are any actual reasons to boycott Origin. The software works fine. In fact it does some things better than Steam.
Dernière modification de Dune Jumper; 13 mai 2014 à 0h26
Free?

No thanks. Still not installing Origin.
but they have the big advantage that they can bind all new games they publish to origin. The biggest reason that i didnt buy EA Games in the years
I'm fairly new to gaming. I've been to other sites, but am only active with Steam and GOG. So I hope this isn't a stupid question, but there are a lot of negative comments on both sites re Origin and sometimes EA. Not being very familiar with them, I am wondering why. I'm not being facetious or sarcastic., I just don;t know.
So they're giving their games away for free and then what? Adding a ton of "micro"transactions?
I'd rather just pay once for a game...
Steam has many free games available, even with no micro-transactions.

http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/8x4xy/list-of-all-free-games-on-steam

And that isn't even a complete list.

Two that are missing are:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/283880
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286100

Another thing to consider, Origin owns 99% of the games in their store. They get 100% profit and full control. They don't have to ask a developer if they can put a game up for free, discount, or refund.

Emperor Zombie a écrit :
Yep, its not like Valve has ever given away a game they own for free. I mean doing somthing like that would likely crash their servers. *cough* L4D2 *cough*

Yep. Two of the most recent ones were L4D2 and Red Orchestra 2.

I've always found it funny how a company can get people excited over something they rarely do when the other has already been doing it and with more available.

Still, a free game is a free game. ;-)
Don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that
marianne929 a écrit :
I'm fairly new to gaming. I've been to other sites, but am only active with Steam and GOG. So I hope this isn't a stupid question, but there are a lot of negative comments on both sites re Origin and sometimes EA. Not being very familiar with them, I am wondering why. I'm not being facetious or sarcastic., I just don;t know.
I think the people leaving negative comments about Origin don't like it JUST because they don't like EA. Origin is a fully working software that I haven't had any problems with.
Dune Jumper a écrit :
marianne929 a écrit :
I think the people leaving negative comments about Origin don't like it JUST because they don't like EA. Origin is a fully working software that I haven't had any problems with.

Feature limited compared to Steam, but it's easier to look at and easier to use. Plus, it is written in QT!
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 31
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 12 mai 2014 à 22h42