Dieses Thema wurde geschlossen
Oculas Rift SOLD!! to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ faceboook
if it was MS or apple AMD etc I would care less. FB what the hell is there interest in VR tech. the OR to me is going to die before it got off the ground
< >
Beiträge 115 von 371
Jur 25. März 2014 um 14:58 
Facebook buys Oculus Rift.
From 2 milion kickstarter to 2 billion buyout. Anyway, Facebook will ruin it like pretty much anything they've bought. So our hope is now on both Valve and Sony?
Oculist Rift's development team purchased by FB; implications on Steam and gaming as a whole?
"Facebook announced on Tuesday that it had reached a $2 billion agreement to buy Oculus VR, the maker of a virtual reality headset, in a bet that social networking will one day become an immersive, 3-D experience."

NYtimes article about FB's purchase [www.nytimes.com]

What are all your thoughts on this - and how will it affect Steam and the realm of gaming as a whole?
I really like the idea of one of the Mrs work friends sending me a candy crush request while I'm immersed in a virtual environment.
Andy 25. März 2014 um 15:53 
Facebook wants it so they can compete with Google Glass- the entire project is shifting its focus to a social platform.
bvguthrie 25. März 2014 um 15:54 
This is going to kill the Rift--and they deserve to have it fail for selling out like this. Notch already cancelled his talks with Oculus, and people are cancelling preorders.
Andy 25. März 2014 um 15:55 
On the bright side, Valve worked with Oculus, and SteamVR apparently was going to be a thing, then wasn't because of Valve working with Oculus, and I'm certain it will be a thing again
Wait... WHAT?!

♥♥♥♥♥ is this? How the hell did this happen?!
Andy 25. März 2014 um 15:57 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Silverfox:
Wait... WHAT?!

Zuckypoo just prints money, now. The man is able to get what he wants, and I can't stomach it.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Silverfox:
Wait... WHAT?!

I guess I'm the only one looking forward to Sony's project Morpheus

~Astats[astats.astats.nl]
Myrmicon 25. März 2014 um 16:01 
Facebook wants to get all the stuff people like , so that people don't like it anymore .. that's contra-productive , but facebook hasn't noticed yet that no one likes facebook xD
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Osama DK:

two days ago I would od said ♥♥♥♥ off. today I say welcome our new masters.
BlackBank 25. März 2014 um 16:07 
I still can't understand why Facebook wants the Oculus VR, what are they going to do with it... Also, will Valve quit with the support/development of the Oculus VR in there games, or will they just continue? What do you guys think?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von BlackBank; 25. März 2014 um 16:07
Ursprünglich geschrieben von BlackAkira:
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Osama DK:

two days ago I would od said ♥♥♥♥ off. today I say welcome our new masters.
Like Arthur said... I'm hoping that SteamVR will become a reality now. I don't particularly like Sony to say the least.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von BDK:
Anyone remember that VR boxing game? Fun for the first 10 mins, then it was meh.

the OR was not about the first 10 mins. it was about a new game genre. like DOTA mod gave birth to MOBA
< >
Beiträge 115 von 371
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 25. März 2014 um 15:50