Dette emnet er blitt låst
Cantdoublejump 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.50
Oculas Rift SOLD!! to ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ faceboook
if it was MS or apple AMD etc I would care less. FB what the hell is there interest in VR tech. the OR to me is going to die before it got off the ground
< >
Viser 115 av 371 kommentarer
Jur 25. mars 2014 kl. 14.58 
Facebook buys Oculus Rift.
From 2 milion kickstarter to 2 billion buyout. Anyway, Facebook will ruin it like pretty much anything they've bought. So our hope is now on both Valve and Sony?
YouGotOwned 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.31 
Oculist Rift's development team purchased by FB; implications on Steam and gaming as a whole?
"Facebook announced on Tuesday that it had reached a $2 billion agreement to buy Oculus VR, the maker of a virtual reality headset, in a bet that social networking will one day become an immersive, 3-D experience."

NYtimes article about FB's purchase [www.nytimes.com]

What are all your thoughts on this - and how will it affect Steam and the realm of gaming as a whole?
CrazyDrZenith 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.38 
I really like the idea of one of the Mrs work friends sending me a candy crush request while I'm immersed in a virtual environment.
Andy 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.53 
Facebook wants it so they can compete with Google Glass- the entire project is shifting its focus to a social platform.
bvguthrie 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.54 
This is going to kill the Rift--and they deserve to have it fail for selling out like this. Notch already cancelled his talks with Oculus, and people are cancelling preorders.
Andy 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.55 
On the bright side, Valve worked with Oculus, and SteamVR apparently was going to be a thing, then wasn't because of Valve working with Oculus, and I'm certain it will be a thing again
BenjiGonzo 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.55 
Wait... WHAT?!

♥♥♥♥♥ is this? How the hell did this happen?!
Andy 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.57 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Silverfox:
Wait... WHAT?!

Zuckypoo just prints money, now. The man is able to get what he wants, and I can't stomach it.
A Toasty Engineer 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.57 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Silverfox:
Wait... WHAT?!

Osama [DK] 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.58 
I guess I'm the only one looking forward to Sony's project Morpheus

~Astats[astats.astats.nl]
Myrmicon 25. mars 2014 kl. 16.01 
Facebook wants to get all the stuff people like , so that people don't like it anymore .. that's contra-productive , but facebook hasn't noticed yet that no one likes facebook xD
Cantdoublejump 25. mars 2014 kl. 16.06 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Osama DK:

two days ago I would od said ♥♥♥♥ off. today I say welcome our new masters.
BlackBank 25. mars 2014 kl. 16.07 
I still can't understand why Facebook wants the Oculus VR, what are they going to do with it... Also, will Valve quit with the support/development of the Oculus VR in there games, or will they just continue? What do you guys think?
Sist redigert av BlackBank; 25. mars 2014 kl. 16.07
BenjiGonzo 25. mars 2014 kl. 16.09 
Opprinnelig skrevet av BlackAkira:
Opprinnelig skrevet av Osama DK:

two days ago I would od said ♥♥♥♥ off. today I say welcome our new masters.
Like Arthur said... I'm hoping that SteamVR will become a reality now. I don't particularly like Sony to say the least.
Cantdoublejump 25. mars 2014 kl. 16.17 
Opprinnelig skrevet av BDK:
Anyone remember that VR boxing game? Fun for the first 10 mins, then it was meh.

the OR was not about the first 10 mins. it was about a new game genre. like DOTA mod gave birth to MOBA
< >
Viser 115 av 371 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 25. mars 2014 kl. 15.50