This topic has been locked
c00L Oct 22, 2014 @ 3:56am
Turkish Lira is live! - but important fixes needed
First of all, thank you Valve, for caring your customers in Turkey. We're very happy with our new currency. That will certainly boost the sales from here.

However, based my observations some big publisher catalogs or various games from Ubisoft, 2K Games, Capcom, Electronic Arts priced extremely absurd or not updated yet.

To be honest we couldn't understand difference between International Credit Cards and National Credit Cards or Online Banking. We were easily paid our previous purchases simply selecting Visa or MasterCard. These are Banks[i.imgur.com] which uses 3rd party website BoaCompra (anyone heard before?), they're not Payment Methods.

Most importantly, we're looking forward to seeing PayPal option back. Also Cash Transfer options like PayPal Nakit (prepaid card) and PaySafeCard would be useful. And of course necessary Mobile Payments - Avea & Vodafone cellulars.

Steam is important for us, maybe it's our backyard. We all here and loud. Because we want to make our backyard as better as possible.

UPDATE #1 (23-Oct)
After Ubisoft[i.imgur.com], 2K Games[i.imgur.com] started inconceivable pricing as well.

October, 21 - when Turkish Lira currency live: $49.99 -> 75 TL
Currently - after 2K's Guinness record update: $49.99 -> 170 TL

UPDATE #2 (24-Oct)
As we all see and witness, Steam did and still doing its best for Turkey. However when we talking about pricing titles, they can NOT call final decision. That's always up to publishers.

Please, keep the topic English and serious. Also consider all other issues mentioned above.

UPDATE #3 (25-Oct)
PaySafeCard cash transfer option now available for purchases made in Turkey!
Last edited by c00L; Oct 25, 2014 @ 7:52am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 783 comments
wuddih Oct 22, 2014 @ 4:11am 
@screenshot, that is just one game or a handfull of publishers. a broad scan shows that most titles are cheaper. prices are entered by the gameowners, publisher or developer, not steam/valve. so you have to throw your kebab at them.
musAKka Oct 22, 2014 @ 4:36am 
From now on we can buy many Steam games that have the price of $59.99 with our currency (89 Turkish Liras) in our country (may God be pleased with Gabe).

But the price of AC: Unity is 179 TL (converts to about $80), which is the most expensive price of the game for the whole world.

https://steamdb.info/app/289650/

And it's also same for Far Cry 4. What's wrong with Ubi?
Ronin Oct 22, 2014 @ 10:01am 
To Steam :

I am sorry but while most Turkish Steam users like the changes (mostly for $ to TL convert. rate, thanks btw); it's not acceptable to not being able to use Paypal as a payment option now. Paypal is pretty easy, secure and common payment method to use "all around the world" and i hope you guys consider adding Paypal payment method "back".

I actually don't care much about buying games cheaper with TL rates (but can understand people do care), just bring Paypal back and keep charging us with USD rates if you really have to.

It's just not a wise move to cripple available payment methods if you wish to widen your userbase. Shouldn't adding Turkish Lira be for helping people from Turkey to use steam easier? Right now as a paypal user, you guys just made it harder for me to continue using steam, so please consider bringing Paypal back. Thanks for reading.
bolucpap Oct 22, 2014 @ 1:08pm 
Originally posted by Kensei:
To Steam :

I am sorry but while most Turkish Steam users like the changes (mostly for $ to TL convert. rate, thanks btw); it's not acceptable to not being able to use Paypal as a payment option now. Paypal is pretty easy, secure and common payment method to use "all around the world" and i hope you guys consider adding Paypal payment method "back".

I actually don't care much about buying games cheaper with TL rates (but can understand people do care), just bring Paypal back and keep charging us with USD rates if you really have to.

It's just not a wise move to cripple available payment methods if you wish to widen your userbase. Shouldn't adding Turkish Lira be for helping people from Turkey to use steam easier? Right now as a paypal user, you guys just made it harder for me to continue using steam, so please consider bringing Paypal back. Thanks for reading.

I agree wholeheartedly. The problem I have with paying through the newly available payment channels is that the provider (BoaCompra) is warning that the transaction will be processed in one or more business days. Aside from the fact that I will have to wait to enjoy the content I paid for, that seems the indicate to me perhaps the transaction handling process is not 100% automated? Which may mean that my bank account etc. details may end up at the hands of an unscrupulous employee? It may be that I am worrying too much, but it's a red flag all the same.
iainhoca Oct 22, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
I'm British and living in Turkey. Totally missing the PayPal option. Prices seem comparable to D&R stores here. Still, STEAM has special sales all the time, which Turkish high street stores do not. STEAM is better than the high street in this respect. Also worried about the delay in processing transactions. Bring back PayPal. I trust it.
Satoru Oct 22, 2014 @ 1:51pm 
Originally posted by c00L:
However, according my observations some big publisher catalogs like Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Capcom priced extremely absurd or not updated yet. We're not prefer being most expensive region[i.imgur.com] at all, urgent handling needed.

Refer to the publishers in question. Steam doesn't set pricing for those publishers. Publishers MANUALLY put in that price. If you think it's an error refer to the publishers, but the odds of it being 'wrong' are extremely low.

To be honest we couldn't understand difference International Credit Cards between National Credit Cards or Online Banking. We were easily paid our previous purchases simply selecting Visa or MasterCard. Banks are not payment methods[i.imgur.com].

I assume it's because BoaCompora is not familiar in Turkey, since it's pretty new. Thus putting in your local bank name is something people would understand as being supported via their banks.

Most importantly, we're looking forward to seeing PayPal back. And necessary Mobile Payments - Avea & Vodafone cellulars.

From previous currency conversions, the going theory is that there's something about Paypal in those native currencies that's the issue. I don't remember the actual term that's used though.
Last edited by Satoru; Oct 22, 2014 @ 1:51pm
c00L Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:10am 
Updated[i.imgur.com] with 2K's new "We don't want to sell our games in Turkey" policy!
safakopc Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:18am 
steam has to do something about Ubisoft and 2K currency policy. What they do is not fair and acceptable. Their games were cheaper when US currency was live..
HzMuMu Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:24am 
Last edited by HzMuMu; Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:24am
Charles Mclain Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:26am 
Well, I do understand that Steam can't set the value of the games. But I think it's important to inform Steam about it and also it's really inappropriate for specific publishers to double their prices. If that's the case, we all want to know if the other publishers change their products' prices as well. Because that now is really getting out of hand. Nobody likes instability.
ErayG Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:31am 
No Turkish language support, no Bluray and 170TL (~$76) for a digital game.. Is this a joke?
c00L Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:33am 
Originally posted by safakopc:
steam has to do something about Ubisoft and 2K currency policy. What they do is not fair and acceptable. Their games were cheaper when US currency was live..

As we all see and witness, Steam did and still doing its best for Turkey. However when we talking about pricing titles, they can NOT call final decision. That's always up to publishers. It seems some publishers finished sales in Turkey when Turkish Lira become live.
老鬼 Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:37am 
什么东西啊
FakirSlayer Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:37am 
Originally posted by Eray:
No Turkish language support, no Bluray and 170TL (~$76) for a digital game.. Is this a joke?

accept this!!
Raigeki Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:37am 
This is so ridiculous. What do u think 2k? Are we retarted?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 783 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 22, 2014 @ 3:56am