A day after the 96th anniversary of the end of the war on the 11th of November 1918, we launch another update. It's a big one as we bunched up quite some tweaks and improvements.
Most noticeable is the inclusion of Manual bolting
as an option. Based on community feedback we decided that it would very fitting to include as a preference for the more realism focused players.
Secondly the spawn code received a big overhaul. We wanted players to go over the top together
as a team so we introduced several measures to make sure people spawn together better and more efficient. Also it is now rewarding to advance as a squad NCO as you will earn points for spawning fellow squadmates near or in the enemy trenchlines. In addition you will be in formed when squadmembers are able spawn near you.
Another badly needed feature was the inclusion of the stamina bar
and stance indicator (bottom right corner) which will make the spurts across nomansland more user friendly.
We also made the first steps of improving the prone, jump en deploy mechanics. These are heavily work in progress and we invite you to join us in polishing these, there will be small hotfixes in the the coming days to address the issues that may have arisen.
We want to thank all of Verdun's early access adopters for participating and we hope to join you in the trenches sometime!
- The Verdun team
V171 Changelog: Manual bolting, "over the top"-charge spawning and much more
November 12th 2014
- New: manual bolting as an option
- New: stamina bar display (bottom right)
- New: stance display (bottom right)
- New: in-game quit button will now ask for confirmation
- New: you can no longer switch to the different side if it's outnumbering the other side +3 players
- New: "over the top"-spawning. Players are now massed together before attacking
- New: "over the top"-spawning for defensive squads as well, 10 seconds (was 5 always)
- New: Successfully spawning a squad member in or near the enemy sectors will you points. (0 - 15 xp depending on the distance)
- New: Spawn protection, now 2 seconds
- New: At the start of the round, defenders spawn inside of the defending sector
- Tweaked: spawning attacker waves time slightly increased (3 seconds) to create more volume
- Tweaked: now always spawning with the most advanced squad member
- New: spawn indicator, which informs squad NCO's and other spawnable teammembers of pending squad reinforcements
- Tweaked Map - Argonne: Added more spawns and cover, especially the final sectors received tweaking
- Tweaked Map - Vosges: Added more cover and spawns in final sectors, some obstacles on the right flank
- Tweaked Map - Picardie: Massive increase in spawns, more tactical, some cover changes in the last german artillery sectors
- Tweaked Map - Artois: More cover in final sectors, deeper craters in nomanslands, more spawns
- New: ragdoll improved greatly (no more T-pose)
- New: added better prone block detection
- New: Audio options menu allows you to change audio settings (Stereo, 5.1 etc.)
- New: Clicking on playername in mainmenu will open the account page
- Fixed: overlapping text when attacking and defending sides switch
- Improved: ladder climbing
- New: second set of german voices
- New: win/lose music for entente and central powers
- Improved: tab colours for option screen buttons
- Fixed: free for all position being displayed twice in HUD
- Tweaked: lebel and lewis sights
- Fixed: problem with airplanes on argonne and picardie
- New: correct minimap for artois
- Fixed: issues with joining steam friends
- Fixed: joining friends through steam overlay
- Fixed: hipfire third person movement aim fix
- Fixed: rifle deathmatch spawn direction fix
- Fixed: first person water reflection fix
- Fixed: respawn & wave times based on server times
- New: added option to remove game tips
- Fixed: fixed control options menu scroll bar
- Fixed: fixed issues with australian server connection
- Fixed: fixed ladder step jitter issue
- Improved: increased bolt action recoil
- New: added better jumping detection
- Known issue: deploying has not improved and will need to be tweaked further.
- Known issue: jumping animation is twitchy.