ANNOUNCEMENT: Miaschiev - Achievement Tracker (Bored Cartographer, Pyro, Light Reading, Head Statues)
I've created a utility to examine the Miasmata saved games to check the progress towards some of the achievements. In particular:
- Shows the progress to The Bored Cartographer* achievement and highlights any missing sections of the coastline.
- Shows the number of unique plants/fungi that have been collected for the Botanical Bad A** achievement.
- Shows which urns have been lit so far and which are still missing for the Pyro achievement***.
- Shows how many notes have been collected for the Just doing some Light Reading* achievement.
- If it detects that the glitched Sanchez #1 note has been picked up but was not added to the journal it gives the option to reset the note so it can be picked up again from the camp where it was originally found. Be sure to also install the unofficial community patch* to fix the note.
-- New in version 1.1 --
- Shows which head statues have been mapped and which are still missing for the That's a lot of Head Statues achievement****.
- It can reset one of the head statues once they have all been revealed in case the achievement didn't unlock.
Subscribe to this thread to be notified of updates, then download the utility here:https://github.com/DarkStarSword/miasmata-fixes/releases/tag/miaschiev-v1.1
* These achievements require the unofficial community patch to unlock, available from here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/223510/discussions/0/648812916771880184/
** The Botanical Bad A** achievement requires a binary patch to fix it - this used to be a separate patch, but is now bundled with the unofficial community patch v1.2 and later.
*** For the Pyro achievement it displays all the "urns" listed in the saved game without cross-checking them against the Markers file. For some reason a few camp fires also show up in one of my saves, but not any others. I'm not sure what's going on there, but that might be related to why some people have reported that they need to light camp fires as well as Urns to get the achievement.
**** The That's a lot of head statues achievement will only unlock if the final head statue is revealed by triangulating it as a distant landmark. Revealing the final statue by surveying the nearby land when triangulating your position or by picking up a map fragment will not unlock it and prevent it from being unlocked. In that case, use the "Reset one statue..." button to allow one of the statues to be revealed again.