Hey Miasmata fans!
I've spent some time recently reverse engineering this awesome game, and I've managed to track down and fix a couple of bugs. There's still plenty more I want to tackle, but I thought I should release early.
The newest version of the community patch is now distributed with a patcher so it can modify main.rs5 and fix some more problems that were impossible before - as such the installation instructions are a bit different now.
== INSTALLATION ==
1. Subscribe to this thread to get notified of updates
2. Download communitypatch-v1.2.1.zip from here:https://github.com/DarkStarSword/miasmata-fixes/releases/tag/community-v1.2.1
3. Extract the zip file (e.g. right click on the zip file, select "Extract All..." then click "Extract")
4. Open the new folder and run miaspatch.exe
5. Click "Install Mods"
6. Launch the game!
== BUGS FIXED ==
-- v1.2.1 --
- Fix patcher to handle a small edge case that could cause it to fail to install under certain rare circumstances.
-- v1.2 --
- New patcher to allow main.rs5 to be modified (Miasmod has also been updated to support this method)
- The Botanical Bad A** achievement fix is now bundled with the community patch (if using the provided patcher) so it does not need to be installed separately (note that this achievement actually requires all 36 plants, not 32 as it claims)
- Five urn icons have been removed from the map that didn't actually exist in game
- A couple of camp icons that were cut off on the map have been fixed
- Fixed missing Titan plant research link on the objectives page
- Fixed cut off Pitcher plant research link on the objectives page
- Hammock is now usable as a bed
- A ruin near the apple tree can now be used for triangulation
- Fixed the mislabeled document on the muscle emphasis drug in the notes index to read endurance emphasis drug
- Removed unused glance left/right options from the settings menu
-- v.1.1 --
- Fixes "The Bored Cartographer" achievement. Note that it is still pretty picky about the shoreline being mapped very thoroughly. If you are having difficulty you should check out miaschiev from here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/223510/discussions/0/648813728501354813/
-- v1.0 --
- Fixes the "Oh, my glorious brain..." achievement
- Fixes the Sanchez #1 note that incorrectly registered as Sanchez #3. If you have already picked up the glitched note unfortunately it will not be reset. You can either start a new game, or see the next post for a workaround.
- Fixes the "Just doing some light reading?" achievement