Starbound

Starbound

XS Mechs : Modular Weapons+ Pack
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
lophatkao  [developer] Jul 12, 2017 @ 8:40pm
Bugs with XS Mechs : Weapons Pack
If you provide a pastebin/hastebin link to your starbound.log file, it will greatly speed up fixing any bugs. :D
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
lophatkao  [developer] Jul 12, 2017 @ 8:47pm 
BUG: Energy Blade / Pyro Cutlass - blade animation is invisible when using the other arm weapon

caused by the way I had to adjust the position of the blade image to match the arm animation
I can fix it by changing the blade image, it was easier to just change offset, but causes the issue
MadnessTA Jul 13, 2017 @ 1:55am 
Not necessarily a bug, but the pirated rho machine gun aim is off. It looks like more of an issue with how the vanilla arms are handled (they straighten when firing). There is a visible snap when the crossair gets too close to the mech.
lophatkao  [developer] Jul 13, 2017 @ 6:19am 
in the mech code, aiming is calculated from the shoulder pivot point towards the cursor, rather than from actual fire point (works ok for small arms)
the 'snap' is from when gun switches to/from the shoulder aiming to firepoint aiming
without aim change, sigma & pirate rho gun aim about 2 blocks below cursor
Last edited by lophatkao; Jul 13, 2017 @ 6:19am
Yureii Jul 13, 2017 @ 6:26am 
XS Theta Railcannon Arm breaks when you shoot it while the nose is inside a bunch of blocks.
https://pastebin.com/TigE4NR6
lophatkao  [developer] Jul 13, 2017 @ 7:24pm 
thanks Yureii :D
this bug affected Theta beam, Ronin Rho beam and the grav beams :(

fixed
Voiditect Jul 24, 2017 @ 4:03pm 
One problem. I can't provide the Log cuz I don't know how, but all the firing images are off-model.
Landfighter777 Jul 24, 2017 @ 5:18pm 
I'm getting that issue that @BearFeat is getting, firing imagines are off and randomly below the mech.

http://prntscr.com/fzuh83 Only thing i can provide is that picture there.
lophatkao  [developer] Jul 25, 2017 @ 5:45am 
thanks for the picture @Landfighter777, very helpful :D
the problem is something with swords
muzzleflash worked fine until i had a sword on the other arm

dangit -.- now i gotta change swords again

--fixed
Last edited by lophatkao; Jul 25, 2017 @ 11:32pm
[AoN] Xato_VRNG Jul 26, 2017 @ 5:03am 
Really like the mod, but latest version stopped my techs and the alt fire of my sword from working.
Same happened to my friend with this mod on the latest update.
Last edited by [AoN] Xato_VRNG; Jul 26, 2017 @ 5:04am
Mr. Orun Aug 1, 2017 @ 8:09am 
it seems(atleast for me) that your mod breaks the animation of ranged weapons a little.
Mr. Orun Aug 1, 2017 @ 8:10am 
it (atleast for me) seems your mod breaks the animation of my mechs ranged weapons(i havent tested them all but atleast some of them seem to be broken slightly).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1085025376
Prov Sep 14, 2017 @ 5:29pm 
Hello, I'm seeing a lot of errors in my log file regarding your mod, can you tell me if it's an incompatibility issue, or normal?

https://pastebin.com/bpss5qqX

Edit: I figured it out. For some wierd reason, Modular Mechs was not loading. After I copied it out of the workshop folder into the mods folder it started loading.
Last edited by Prov; Sep 16, 2017 @ 10:47am
Darkest King Jun 18, 2019 @ 2:07pm 
Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but the enemy-grabbing arms don't work on non-monster enemies.
AnomNom Feb 10, 2021 @ 12:03pm 
Don't know if you're even still really active with Starbound modding, but I found a strange issue with your mod. It's not mentioned anywhere in the description, so I assume it was an accident; the Mech Part Crafting Table has no audio anymore. After a bit of an investigation, I tracked it down to this mod.

Your mod patches mechcraftingtable.animation with this line of code:
[ {"op":"remove","path":"/animatedParts/stateTypes/mechcraftingtable/states/idle/frameProperties"} ]
As such, it removes all audio queues during the animation. I cannot tell if this is intentional, but I hope it can be removed, as the audio queues were a unique part of the table, and it feels weird with nothing.
Alex Maud Jun 19, 2021 @ 12:06am 
For some reason, I don't have the XS Ronin Rho Beam Arm and XS Theta Railcannon Arm guns working. Like, if I shoot them, the shot doesn't happen and the mech stops moving at all...

P.S.: I found a problem - this mod is not compatible with Modular Mech Improvements. After I deleted it, everything started working.
Last edited by Alex Maud; Jun 19, 2021 @ 12:51am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50