Stellaris

Stellaris

EG - Larger Galaxy Sizes
Problem: Discovery dlc that adds a new system messes with game.
The game at first acted really weird, and I think it almost crashed, then it just got really bad lag ever since the new system popped up. (the one that has a parasite species that fled).

Since the anomaly I think creates a new system randomly within your borders.. I think the 2,500 systems I had couldn't handle it.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
(sorry meant to have this in the other section)
yep, game crashes whenever a new system spawns within the galaxy, for example, the game would crash whenever the cybrex homeworld is revealed
yeah, it doesn't seem to like this mod.

It kind of worked (and didn't crash in mine) but it staggered things with weird lag.
ButtJunkie  [developer] Jul 19, 2018 @ 9:04pm 
If there's lag, I'm wondering whether this is actually a vanilla issue. I suppose we'd hear about it if it were. I wonder if it's to do with pathing calculations? I might try replicating it but using the mod's version of 600 stars (if it works, it suggests the larger sizes are probably the issue).
Lady Crimson (RIP) Jul 20, 2018 @ 11:54am 
I haven't seen this happen in Vanilla, at least in unmodded games (maybe it does impact in other smaller system sizes with the mod though, no idea).
Lady Crimson (RIP) Jul 20, 2018 @ 11:55am 
It may have to do with the change in format like the center stars, if it doesn't like 1,000 or smaller.
it may have something to do with hyperlanes generation, maybe when generating a galaxy, you might have to prescript an additional hyperlane to the system that spawns.
something like that yeah.
ButtJunkie  [developer] Jul 23, 2018 @ 1:10am 
I misread the original message - if it's because of the DLC then no wonder I can replicate it - I don't have Distant Stars. I haven't tried seriously large galaxies yet though - I'll do a speed run now.
yeah it's all good, just is messing up the game a bit now. Though it's easy enough to play without distant stars, just not as fun.
Noiro Dec 10, 2018 @ 5:52am 
Originally posted by ↯︎WAYVE↯:
yep, game crashes whenever a new system spawns within the galaxy, for example, the game would crash whenever the cybrex homeworld is revealed

No, it just slows down. Playing galaxy 3000 stars and everything is going well, late game
Eternal Redemption Dec 10, 2018 @ 12:56pm 
he fixed the issue back in june
Great!
not sure if the new update is doing anything right now, playing on a backup until all my mods get updates
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50