Stellaris

Stellaris

EG - Larger Galaxy Sizes
ButtJunkie  [developer] Apr 17, 2017 @ 9:42pm
To Do List
1. Compatibility patches with No Clustered Starts.
2. Revisit galaxy shapes.
3. Slightly more stars in core.
Last edited by ButtJunkie; Apr 19, 2017 @ 11:43pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Rastro Apr 19, 2017 @ 7:47pm 
Maybe more stars in the galactic core, with a preference toward black holes and dwarf stars?

(I kinda forget if the game differentiates between star classes....)

Rationale: Core has about 20-40% of the stars in a typical galaxy (except ring galaxies)
ButtJunkie  [developer] Apr 19, 2017 @ 11:16pm 
We can't specificy which stars are in the cores, just the percentage of total stars. Agree that it can be increased from the current 5%. However, 20% in my experience is too high - stars are so densely packed that it has a negative affect on gameplay, and will cause galaxy map lag for some. I'll play around with it, but ~10% is probably a sweet spot.
Rastro Apr 20, 2017 @ 4:57am 
Fair enough, I remember now when stars in the core would overlap names and create madening jumbles.
Rastro Apr 24, 2017 @ 11:53am 
Would it be possible to 'dim' the core a bit more? I know it is supposed to be bright, but it's hard to see systems near or in the core.

Which sucks when I spawn there.

The game's contrast is done very oddly, for me I can't see what is happening unless the brightness is all the way up, unless its at the core then I can't see anyway.
hsenna Feb 28, 2018 @ 12:44pm 
Originally posted by Rastro:
Would it be possible to 'dim' the core a bit more? I know it is supposed to be bright, but it's hard to see systems near or in the core.

Which sucks when I spawn there.

The game's contrast is done very oddly, for me I can't see what is happening unless the brightness is all the way up, unless its at the core then I can't see anyway.
I agree.
Doctor Proteus Jan 21, 2019 @ 5:24pm 
Are you going to fix the bug with fog of war not lifting any time soon? It's kinda ruining my game in progress. At first I thought it was just the core being bright, but it's not, it's fog of war being permanent.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50