The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Samael
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Ghostbroster Connor  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 3:36pm
FAQ + Bug Reports (READ FAQ IF MOD DOESN'T WORK)
Non-Steam Version Out of Date

If you have a non-steam copy of Isaac, it NEEDS to be at least version v1.7.9b.J835! The mod relies on some useful new functionality added in a recent update!

Known Incompatibilities

"Animated Items" is currently broken, and also breaks other mods. If you have that, disable it.

Also, "Mod Config Menu Continued" is abandoned and broken.

Reporting an Issue

If the mod is currently broken for you (Samael can't move, doesn't have his scythe, appearance is broken etc), PLEASE send me a copy of your log file via Discord or e-mail rather than posting here. 99% of issues that I resolve are by finding a problem in the log file.

You log file can be found in this location:
<My Documents>/My Games/Binding of Isaac Repentance/log.txt

Email: ghostbroster@gmail.com
Discord: Connor#2143

Please note that the log file is reset every time you start up the game, so send me the file right after you experience the issue in-game.
Last edited by Ghostbroster Connor; Apr 1, 2023 @ 7:07am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
Ghostbroster Connor  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 3:45pm 
bunp
Nailed Feb 6, 2023 @ 3:33am 
Usual Samael

* Bone projectile of BIG BONY(fat bone guy in Ashpit\Mines) DOES NOT take damage from melee scythe attack.

* In game Charge bar setting conflict with Samael scythe charge in mirror section of downpour or sewers (circle of attack charge walks backwards from charactar like a dople or evli twin).
Last edited by Nailed; Feb 6, 2023 @ 3:33am
tophattaod Feb 6, 2023 @ 6:31am 
UHH i can play normal samael but not tainted
tophattaod Feb 6, 2023 @ 6:35am 
if you guys have problem with not being able to play as tainted samael jsut go to home stage and unlock it
i know that it shows in chracter chose but it crashes so just unlock it and it will work fine
Smashhacker Feb 7, 2023 @ 9:41am 
There appears to be incompatibilities with the Eyeguy's Extra NPCs mod and the Even More Shopkeepers mod. Samael can't decapitate shopkeepers with one or both of these mods on.
Shuckster Feb 7, 2023 @ 10:06am 
IDK if this counts or is fixable or whatever. But the ferryman can potentially overwrite The Fool card room in Chapter 3.
cyber Deutscher Feb 7, 2023 @ 12:17pm 
2 bugs found while playing:
1. The boss-/miniboss-battle soundtrack doesn't play correctly, seems to happen after using Samael's pocket active
2. Chargebar for Samael's range attack acts ridiculously while in the mirror.
cyber Deutscher Feb 7, 2023 @ 12:22pm 
Originally posted by cyber Deutscher:
2 bugs found while playing:
1. The boss-/miniboss-battle soundtrack doesn't play correctly, seems to happen after using Samael's pocket active
2. Chargebar for Samael's range attack acts ridiculously while in the mirror.
By the way, the C-Section fetus created by Samael's charge attack is not spectral, and the Incubus have no syringe with it as well, not sure if it's intended or not yet implemented or bug
Shuckster Feb 9, 2023 @ 5:40pm 
Some other minor issues. Bone sacks can sometimes retroactively take the place of pickups it seems. Bone sacks can also replace items in chests, and buyable sacks spawned in stores (for 5 cents IIRC.)
Last edited by Shuckster; Feb 9, 2023 @ 5:40pm
Taurus breaks Samael's pocket active
Smashhacker Feb 10, 2023 @ 2:32pm 
There's another mod incompatibility with the Dr. Fetus Synergies! mod. Picking up Dr. Fetus as Tainted Samael with the mod enabled makes the bombs stick to him instead of the sigils and not explode at all.
SPINGBING Feb 12, 2023 @ 9:07am 
malakh mot doesnt work as a pocket active

idk anything about files so im just saying it here
SPINGBING Feb 12, 2023 @ 9:17am 
also it spawns whenever i start with T.Samael
so theres that
SPINGBING Feb 12, 2023 @ 9:32am 
and malakh mot doesnt work as a regular active either
and it always spawn in the first room of every floor
Ghostbroster Connor  [developer] Feb 12, 2023 @ 11:26am 
If you aren't getting the mod via steam, make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the mod from the dropbox and delete whatever it is you have. Kinda sounds like you might have somehow gotten an old version.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3vftynh97oztn4o/AAB0FrAKsd7UsSwPs53OFQlta?dl=0

Also make sure you have Repentance v1.7.9b

If you're still experiencing issues with that you're going to have to figure out how to send me your log file

<My Documents>/My Games/Binding of Isaac Repentance/log.txt

Email: ghostbroster@gmail.com
Discord: Connor#2143
< >
Showing 1-15 of 92 comments
Per page: 1530 50