Saints Row IV

Saints Row IV

Crib Mod + SupperHawt Pack: Final Release
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Fan of Saints  [developer] Dec 31, 2016 @ 2:08pm
Your ideas and requests
Do you have any ideas for new cribs, features or enhancements? Would you like anything to get included in the mod? If so, post here! I'll be checking this thread every once in a while so I'll make sure to read everything. If your idea gets included in an update, you'll get a credit in the description. :D

Just please, keep it consistent with the title. This mod is called Crib Mod and I'm not going to go too far beyond that (although there might be exceptions, we'll see). Also, when posting a crib request, make sure to explain how it's related to the Saints - I'm not going to put random places as cribs, they have to make sense storywise. For example, I included Broken Shillelagh because it's where you go to different simulations (plus it was frequently used by Pierce to discuss plans in The Third).
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
i got an idea. White house. It needs to have a teleporter like plaseantville. Well, boss is a president right?
Last edited by ⸸ Lewe Jajko Marcina ⛤; Jan 2, 2017 @ 8:13am
And another idea. Zin ship. Well. Saints defeated Zinyak so it could be a good idea for a crib
Fan of Saints  [developer] Jan 2, 2017 @ 9:10am 
@SansyNoodle Both of these were already discussed in the comment section under the guide. Unfortunately, they're both mission locations and they're very glitchy when you go there in the freeroam. White House is a horrible case - there are invisible walls and holes everywhere, you can get stuck very easily. There's simply no point to put anything there in current state, we'd need some world geometry tools to fix it up a bit first. Zinyak's Ship is slightly better but it has no proper places for basic crib features, it's just a huge maze of corridors. Both areas also have no NPC spawn points so they're completely deserted (we cannot spawn NPCs via scripts, at least not yet). I'm sorry, I'd love to include White House myself but it just wouldn't make sense, not in such state. I'm trying to keep this mod as stable as possible... And believe me, Saints Row modding is very limited right now.

Thank you for your ideas anyway, I'm so glad to finally see something else than questions like "do I need to complete main storyline or DLC missions" or "what would happen if I saved on the Ship". Man, these are so annoying by now. :P
I was curious of your answer
How about santa's workshop from how the saints save christmas DLC?
Fan of Saints  [developer] Jan 2, 2017 @ 10:10am 
@SansyNoodle That's funny, it used to be on my list for a while, actually. I was about to add it in a Christmas update (even started working on it somewhere in December) but I eventually cancelled it due to lack of NPC spawn points and places for basic crib features. It also has a very irregular shape so I had trouble with capturing proper coordinates (normally we define the area by diagonals but it was quite difficult to find proper angles there, I doubt if it would make any sense to waste so much time on a place that's completely deserted).

So, well, yeah, I added Pleasantville instead. It'd better for Thanksgiving than Christmas but whatever, I didn't want to disappoint people and it turned out very well in the end. :P
Joemoo Feb 12, 2017 @ 3:46pm 
You could go really far with this mod, make it even more than just interiors but overhaul the map as a whole! I would love to use the default SR3 city, because I feel it's much more detailed than it is in SR4. Would add so much more immersion and exploration if that's possible, since they have such similar engines I think it is!
Here are some suggestions, I'll be as specific as I can to give you some ideas with mission number if there is one:

Exterior and Interior

Stilwater bank-SR3-#1
Convention center(PR center)-SR3-#32, #28
Loren's tower(Garage and floors)-SR3-#12
Morningstar weapon store aka Powder-SR3-#11
News room(abandoned office building/with ext)-SR3-#27
Zimo's crib
Shaundi's crib
Decker power plant (with decker exterior and interior)-SR3-#29
Convenience store-SR3-#32
Safeword(Morningstar version)-SR3-#18, #13
Saint's HQ(I know it's already in there but I think there are more interiors in the building. It has a utitlity room used in mission #5 of SR3, and some second floor in mission #33. Instead of it being on the SR4 grid map it could replace the rubble in the SR4 map. I think that'd be cool)
Stag aircraft carrier(farther away from city)-SR3-#34
Keith's rally building-SR4-#23
Cargo ship-SR3(farther away from city)-#22
Military Warehouse-#3

Interior/teleports
Mayor's office-SR3-#36
Stilwater bank-SR3-#1
Stilwater nightclub-SR4-#15
Mr. X compound-SR4-#18
Cyrus' compund-SR4-#1
Zynak spaceship-#4, #12, #21, #27
Whitehouse-SR4-#2
North Pole-SR4DLC-#2
Pleasantville-SR4DLC-#1(Winter, could be a teleporter that would activate it)
Stag plane-SR3-#35
Three Count(Just a teleporter to go back there within the HQ there)
Stadium aka Murderbrawl-SR3-#39
Mars-SR3-#40
Film studio-SR3DLC-#3

Exterior/cosmetic
Decker skyscraper
Luchador skyscraper
Stripper building
Stop lights/street lights/billboards/advertisements/lamps/highway signs(all normalized)
Bridges(normalized)
Removing spaceship

(To prevent interfering with the activities, once you finish climbing the towers, complete the hotspots, and wipe out the flashpoints, the missing buildings would be added back in. As for the flashpoint decor and floating platforms, they would return to the default SR3 state with them both normalized aka no sci fi stuff so it would be like you're saving the simulation and actually are making progress back to normality and non-opression!)

So yeah, these are just ideas as I said. SR4 would be so awesome with all of these in, would become not just a crib mod but an interior and map mod as well. Good luck if you decide to do any! I also understand if some won't work or will be too glitchy as you said with a few above. I adore your mod <3
Last edited by Joemoo; Feb 15, 2017 @ 12:35pm
ColbyDash Feb 19, 2017 @ 10:52am 
@Joemoo i'm sorry to tell you that's not possible at the moment since SR3 is another game with the same engine and graphics. so you'll have to wait for the SDK to come out. Fan of Saints will explain why.
Joemoo Feb 20, 2017 @ 7:58am 
@Coblydash Yeah, I kinda expected that. Although eventually it will be possible once the tools get better since the SR4 workshop is still in its infancy. Can't wait for that.
Last edited by Joemoo; Feb 20, 2017 @ 7:59am
ColbyDash Feb 20, 2017 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by Joemoo:
@Coblydash Yeah, I kinda expected that. Although eventually it will be possible once the tools get better since the SR4 workshop is still in its infancy. Can't wait for that.
@Colbydash* me either.
shame on Volition that you can't update saints row 3 mods on workshop x)
LazyLexy 212 Mar 29, 2017 @ 9:20am 
I would like to see Zinyak's Throne Room as a Crib
LazyLexy 212 Mar 29, 2017 @ 10:19am 
("Cardboard Box" is my way of saying Generic or None-Enterable)

The only reason I'm suggesting these Cribs is because I can't stand having an open world with nothing worth exploring.

The Airport Hanger. (It was a Crib in SRTT)

The Zin Tower. (Fits more with the ETD Storyline as it was Zinyak's Hideout)

The floating Towers. (Because after climbing all the way to the top of the damn things I would expect them to have some significance)

The Hotspots. (Again, all that effort for nothing)

Technically Legal. (You have to admit it has it's fair share of appearances throughout SRTT/IV)

Jack's Diner. (Because Kinzie meets the Boss there on several occations)

Genki's Garage. (It is featured in the Only Replayable Story Mission throughout the Whole Game... need I say more?)

Red or Blue? Room. (The monitors display cutscenes from all three previous games... How does that not fit in with the storyline?)

The Basketball Court. (The one from Peirce's Saints Flow Ad)

Jimmy's House. (The Trouble With Clones DLC was what first introduced Superpowers to the Storyline)

Magarac Island. (It is severly underused, most of the time I forget it's even there, surely it should be given some kind of purpose?)

Let's Pretend's Basement. (The Developers put the room in there, so it all ties in)

The generic Cinemas could be used to watch all the Cutscenes. (I know it's not a Crib idea but I miss being able to relive those memories like you could in the first two games)

It's a shame the Big Ship hovering over the city doesn't have any interactible presence otherwise it would make a good Crib.

The possibilities are endless for this game, it could be so much more than a Cardboard Box city with only a few interesting buildings. I'm not saying new interiors need to be created, I'm just saying that a Cardboard Box can be so much more with a little Imagination.
Last edited by LazyLexy 212; Mar 29, 2017 @ 12:06pm
LazyLexy 212 Mar 29, 2017 @ 12:17pm 
Remember that Room that the Boss and CID enter to try and locate Kinzie, The Map Room? I was hoping that at the end of the game it would be unlocked as a Hub that would allow access to all the other Simulations: 1950's, Saints Row, Saints HQ, etc. Would it be possible to actually do this or not?

Speaking of "is it possible", I sometimes forget exactly where some of the Cribs are so I was wondering if it was possible to add Icons on the map?
Last edited by LazyLexy 212; Mar 29, 2017 @ 12:31pm
ColbyDash Mar 29, 2017 @ 9:12pm 
Originally posted by FREELANCER 212:
I would like to see Zinyak's Throne Room as a Crib

("Cardboard Box" is my way of saying Generic or None-Enterable)

The only reason I'm suggesting these Cribs is because I can't stand having an open world with nothing worth exploring.

The Airport Hanger. (It was a Crib in SRTT)

The Zin Tower. (Fits more with the ETD Storyline as it was Zinyak's Hideout)

The floating Towers. (Because after climbing all the way to the top of the damn things I would expect them to have some significance)

The Hotspots. (Again, all that effort for nothing)

Technically Legal. (You have to admit it has it's fair share of appearances throughout SRTT/IV)

Jack's Diner. (Because Kinzie meets the Boss there on several occations)

Genki's Garage. (It is featured in the Only Replayable Story Mission throughout the Whole Game... need I say more?)

Red or Blue? Room. (The monitors display cutscenes from all three previous games... How does that not fit in with the storyline?)

The Basketball Court. (The one from Peirce's Saints Flow Ad)

Jimmy's House. (The Trouble With Clones DLC was what first introduced Superpowers to the Storyline)

Magarac Island. (It is severly underused, most of the time I forget it's even there, surely it should be given some kind of purpose?)

Let's Pretend's Basement. (The Developers put the room in there, so it all ties in)

The generic Cinemas could be used to watch all the Cutscenes. (I know it's not a Crib idea but I miss being able to relive those memories like you could in the first two games)

It's a shame the Big Ship hovering over the city doesn't have any interactible presence otherwise it would make a good Crib.

The possibilities are endless for this game, it could be so much more than a Cardboard Box city with only a few interesting buildings. I'm not saying new interiors need to be created, I'm just saying that a Cardboard Box can be so much more with a little Imagination.

Remember that Room that the Boss and CID enter to try and locate Kinzie, The Map Room? I was hoping that at the end of the game it would be unlocked as a Hub that would allow access to all the other Simulations: 1950's, Saints Row, Saints HQ, etc. Would it be possible to actually do this or not?

Speaking of "is it possible", I sometimes forget exactly where some of the Cribs are so I was wondering if it was possible to add Icons on the map?
just to save Fan of Saints some trouble.

zinyak's throne room - i don't think that would be possible from the glitches the room and the other parts of the ship has.

airport hanger - the airport hanger wasn't really a crib so there's no sense in having a airport hanger as a crib. even though you couldn't enter it.

zin tower - it could be used to teleport to zinyak's throne room but the zin tower as a crib?? the room in there is really small and it wouldn't make any sense.

the floating towers - (to correct you. it's "the climbing towers" because it doesn't float in the game) again, it wouldn't make any sense since there's on top of the towers.

the hotspots - once again, it wouldn't make any sense since they are there for only one reason. that is to shut down the generators and take it over.

technically legal - having it as a crib though. it does make sense if you want to own the strip club and set a heist up there with a retired bank robber, a guy who wants to get away from the hood and gangster stuff and a weird hacker whose name rhymes with molester. (get the reference?)

jack's diner - it wouldn't make any sense because who would want to change their clothes/weapons in a diner? it would be awkward if you ask me.

genki's garage - i suppose you mean either the genki turret room or something else. you are gonna need to tell us more than just say that it's featured in a replayable story mission.

red or blue room - it wouldn't make any sense though.

the basketball court from the intro cutscene of "when good heists go bad" AKA SRTT's first mission - why would a basketball court be a crib? it doesn't make any sense.

jimmy's house from the intro cutscene of the first trouble with clones mission - it can't be a crib at the moment without the map SDK because that DLC was apart of SRTT, not SR4.

magarac island - for the 100th time, it doesn't make any sense to have a island (with a statue) as a crib.

let's pretend basement/secret room - it would make sense since it does have a couch, the... the... the chair that would have that part of the chair that holds your legs up (i forgot the name of it) and a toilet (with a sex doll) on it.

"the generic cinemas" - that i believe is not possible since you cannot add another option to the gateway menu.

"the big ship" - the big ship is actually zinyak's ship if you compare them in the outro cutscene and the exterior of the white house.

the map room - i've never heard of the map room being brought up. like ever. that probably won't be possible because like i said no one brought it up.

the icons are not possible as of right now because we cannot add any new icons to the map. so in conclusion. some of your ideas makes sense but ideas like adding the zin tower, the climbing towers and the hotspots wouldn't make any sense.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50