RimWorld

RimWorld

Astra Militarum Imperial Guard Factions Mod v2.5
Balancing
so after fighting tyranids many times I think it would be better if Tyrannocytes have less range. They outrange most weapon and does AoE damage, which makes cover useless and it's act as disease, means you have to tend it from time to time or your pawn bleeds to death making them the most dangerous enemy of all. Or and I forgot: Your pawns start to vomit, because it is a sickness. I quite like the concept of them, but fighting multiple Tyrannocytes and a bunch of other Tyrannids makes it extreme difficult, because if too many pawns get hit, well... they stop fighting back and you can't sniped them away. It isn't that big of an issue in a base defence situation with your turret mod, but becomes a horror game, if your pawn gets ambushed or attack an outpost. You need a lot of pawns, some with snipers, some to sacrifice and some to hold the line. Like true Guardsman, but with Rimworld hard to do. If you reduce the range of Tyrannocytes, so the sniper can outrange them, they still dangerous but you have at least a counter and can do hit and run. Okay, maybe my suggestion sucks, but I would be glad if you can run some testing and look if you really want them as dangerous as they're right now
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
QuantumX  [developer] Dec 25, 2017 @ 4:08am 
Superschokeks : All fair comments and i think i will implement the changes in the next patch. Also maybe make the Exocrines tank ability less.
Maxene Nov 3, 2018 @ 2:14am 
This still needs to be worked on, a year later. The Exo's have a biiiit too much range.
Dude....EVERY single raid is unbelievable unbalanced. using randy merciless the raids are like 2 raiders, 2 raiders, then BOOM 5 tyranids with insane DPS and range/accuracy, or 2x OP space marines with power armor that can 2 hit melee you through your wooden armor with the speed of a jaguar. how is this balanced?
chinhtmai Oct 27, 2021 @ 2:27pm 
The AOE weapons they have destroy people, cover, turrets in like 1 hit. It's insanely imbalanced. Not to mention, all the weapons have super far range.
Saint Khaos May 2, 2022 @ 12:42pm 
start your game off with a few angelus bolters and give your pawns cover, this isnt really a modpack to start out with nothing and expect to win or do well. W40k is a brutal universe, usually i will start myself with 5+ colonists and a few angelus bolters, rush straight to the imperial research and get myself skittari armor, mid game armor ironically is sororitas gear, and dont use the astarte or terminator gear until you have enhanced pawns, not bionics, the actual astarte implants - they are tough to get, you need a decent crafter WITH high medical (i think its 10 crafting and medical to make the implants) and you need the stolen gene seed which either drops from chaos marines or dreadnoughts OR you can buy them from a rogue trader when you get a coms bench. not recommended to play on igor invader as he doubles enemy damage. alternatively you can now disable vanilla factions in the pre game setup, i will normally take out all vanilla factions except the empire and double tyranid, chaos marines, and traitor guard factions - Beware tho, this makes the game harder as with this setup 90% of the other factions in game are hostile to you and will not change, but you wont get a bunch of crappy vanilla raids to begin with and then get hit hard with one of the modded factions - colony wealth is not your friend. more wealth, more chaos marines. also look into the ground based void shields, they help massively reduce casualties but only if installed correctly, if the enemy can get inside the bubble it will not help you
Saint Khaos May 2, 2022 @ 12:52pm 
also worth mentioning
some w40k mods arent from this author, some are from Ogliss and they dont mix well especially Ogliss' extra factions, for example his tyranid faction pack ignores overhead mountains and can fire from half the map away. I have played with the Astra Militarum pack for years now, i dont thinks it is unbalanced tbh. I think the hardest part of the modpack is getting enough resources to actually build worthwhile things, Marine armor while great in vanilla is garbage against Chaos Marines and the like.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50