ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Stackable Foundations
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 9, 2016 @ 5:11pm
Bug Reports
Have you found any bugs? Let me know, and I'll squash them.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 144 comments
Meep Sep 11, 2016 @ 8:53pm 
I had this mod being tested on ARK: ORIGINS by the community - We did find a bug / crash which could prevent users for entering an area, which also would cause them to crash upon re-logging into the server

Replicate:
  1. The player had placed a S+ Stone foundation under the ground, hardly visable but a corner.
  2. The player then placed a Stackable Stone Foundation on top of the S+ Stone Foundation.

Symptoms Include:
  • Players client to crash.
  • Unable to log back into game without crashing due to characters position to object.

Other Info.
  • Replicated the issue as server admin and client crashed.

Observation:
  • This mod is fluid when objects are placed correctly above the ground. its when the object has been placed under the ground using Structures+ that our server encountered problems with this mod.

Map:
  • SE

Active Mods:
  • 8+ Difficulty
  • Structures+
  • Resource Stacks AB
  • Music Spoiler
  • APS
  • Informer
  • Carts & Wagons

Disable pickup was enabled.
  • [StackableFoundations]
    DisablePickup=True

Hope this information helps.

Edit: Modified the post for clarity.
Last edited by Meep; Sep 11, 2016 @ 10:19pm
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 11, 2016 @ 9:44pm 
Well damn. I specifically tested S+ with my mod, but I'll try to duplicate. Sorry for the hassle!
Meep Sep 11, 2016 @ 9:58pm 
I should have also noted that I was using the option to disable pickup. Could be nothing, could be everything.

[StackableFoundations] DisablePickup=True
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 11, 2016 @ 10:19pm 
Ahhh, nice info. I'll try that too.
OZZ Sep 13, 2016 @ 3:54am 
AHHHHHH!!! !!!! MY FOUNDATIONS R GONE!!
OZZ Sep 13, 2016 @ 3:55am 
LOL
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 13, 2016 @ 6:20am 
That can happen if the server files didn't update correctly. I'd try verifying your install, and/or rollback the server to before the update.
MasterFluffykins Sep 13, 2016 @ 9:08am 
I have a weird one for you. After enabling this mod, all the painting that has been done on structures in my game is gone. Everything's still considered painted if I whack things with my paintbrush, but the paint is invisible. Any ideas? Unloading the mod doesn't seem to help.
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 13, 2016 @ 9:21am 
That is a weird one. =P I can't imagine this mod would have anything to do with paintings. I know the new v247 patch dropped last night, and it altered how painting is done to benches/chairs. That could possibly be related, if they changed something about the painting system.

I checked on my server, and the paintings/war-maps/buildings are all still painted. I'm not sure. I'll keep an eye on this and see if it happens to anyone else. Sorry you lost all your paintings, that's a pain.

Your paintings are stored on the server in your Saved folder -- do you see them there? You might have had a bad update to v247 that corrupted some files.
MasterFluffykins Sep 13, 2016 @ 9:34am 
I poked around the save folder and found the paintings cache that you mentioned. I do have a collection of files in there, which I assume relate to my painted buildings. I've done file integrity checks on ark and didn't get any joy there.

I should mention I'm running it under linux if that's of any use to you. I do think the cause is this mod though. I tried loading a fresh map, constructing a basic stone structure and painting it. Before the mod, it worked. Afterwards the section of wall not only wasn't painted, it couldn't be painted again.
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 13, 2016 @ 10:36am 
Interesting. I haven't done any linux testing -- I'll do that and get back to you.
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 13, 2016 @ 12:00pm 
Ah ha! WildCard broke something. =)

Current Version: v247.2
* Fixed issue with Structures not colorizing.
MasterFluffykins Sep 13, 2016 @ 3:19pm 
Originally posted by RedDwarf:
Ah ha! WildCard broke something. =)

Current Version: v247.2
* Fixed issue with Structures not colorizing.
Thanks for that. I was beginning to think it was something not mod related.
RedDwarf  [developer] Sep 13, 2016 @ 3:48pm 
Sure thing. I tested it on Linux and we were seeing the missing paint without the mod installed, and about 5 minutes later they announced a patch to fix it. =P
SIIIN Sep 14, 2016 @ 3:03pm 
With your stone fondation, when I use the block at the 3rd person or crouch, I stuck and I cannot move or stand again, I need close disconnect and reconnect for fix the bug.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 144 comments
Per page: 1530 50