Starbound

Starbound

Colony Tweaks
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Sep 4, 2016 @ 12:07pm
Bugs and Compatability
Report bugs and compatability issues here.
Bug's include things like crashes, mismatched racial speech, and missing, missnamed, or unrelated merchant inventories.
Last edited by Long Bong Dong Chong; Sep 6, 2016 @ 11:45am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
bk3000 Sep 5, 2016 @ 5:06am 
Just a suggestion, but I think you might want to redirect support to something like the Starbound forums.

Besides maybe adding the mod there too, the discussion tab for mods is really much better setup for support. code tags, spoiler tags that collapse the text instead of blacking it out, etc - especially for the starbound.log dumps you probably would want.

And of course comments aren't limited to 500 characters (even if I don't think that's the case in the Steam discussions anyhow).
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Sep 5, 2016 @ 11:57am 
Leaving it on Steam for now because it's easier for me to manage. Eventually I'll extend to the official forums when I reach 1.0.
Zelthrox Sep 12, 2016 @ 12:43am 
Looking throu my log, i see this. Do you know the reason? thanks

[00:33:40.206] [Error] Could not apply patch from source: A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\755833356\contents.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "price" to remove
[00:33:40.210] [Error] Could not apply patch from source: A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\755833356\contents.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "price" to remove
[00:33:40.216] [Error] Could not apply patch from source: A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\211820\755833356\contents.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "price" to remove
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Sep 12, 2016 @ 12:46am 
It's a non-fatal error. I had to do a mass patching of prices onto items to make them sellable as vendor stock. I used a replace operator for the majority of it and it works with 0 errors in the environment I test with. The replace operator first tries to remove the thing it's replacing and fails when it doesn't find it. That's why it says it couldn't find "price" to remove.

If you happen to find an item that still has a price of 0 for you I might be able to figure out what's wrong, otherwise don't worry about it.
Zelthrox Sep 12, 2016 @ 3:09am 
thanks for the mod. game works fine :D
KolincaRN Dec 24, 2016 @ 4:27pm 
Hey Bacon, sorry for still being bugging you ( it's just that I really want to be able to use your mod properly).

I was digging the log file and I'm having the same errors as Zelthrox. Plus, I'm using vanilla deeds and furniture from avali/pixel goods/vanilla assets.

Also, here's a pastebin to the log:

http://pastebin.com/7ptgmZtv

Thanks for the neat mod and merry x-mas!
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Dec 24, 2016 @ 8:11pm 
Those "Cannot find price to remove" errors are just a spam side effect of bulk price changing nearly every item in the entire game that didn't have a price set above 0 in the first place.

Extra mod assets shouldn't cause problems.

I will have to furnish a debug version of this mod that actually gives useful console output because clearly your game is not initializing the deeds properly.
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Dec 24, 2016 @ 8:39pm 
Accept friend request. Check my workshop and get the Debug version of the mod. If a colony deed actually inits with my scripts correctly it will output a message to the log. If it loads the script correctly then after the first time rent becomes available it will be available again immediately so it can be spam collected for testing.
KolincaRN Dec 25, 2016 @ 9:34am 
I made a backup and favorited all the mods I'd use, so far I'm resuming the testing ( re-subscribing to mods bit by bit) and will start again with your debug version. Should be much more practical since I won't need to wait for the fee nor have multiple tenants to compare.
KolincaRN Dec 25, 2016 @ 10:24am 
Here's a new test run:
http://pastebin.com/GgFrsYqR
Placed the deed just after line 154.
Last edited by KolincaRN; Dec 25, 2016 @ 10:42am
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Dec 25, 2016 @ 1:19pm 
Uhhh run it again with the new debug version. I had to update it because I screwed up when uncommenting some debug code by forgetting to comment out the equivalent regular code. Also note that the rent will always be ready but there is a limit on how fast the NPC can actually react to the button presses so expect the NPC to not respond for several presses.
KolincaRN Dec 25, 2016 @ 4:29pm 
I've finished the debug run, installing mods three by three. It worked out even with me messing up on purpose ( installing pay up valuables and etc, but when I went back to only the debug version, it carried out nicely).

Could it be because of an unused world in the universe files, which had old tenants? Because of course I tested it on a clean universe and character files and then went adding up mods slowly.
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Dec 25, 2016 @ 4:47pm 
The mod basically patches or replaces almost everything relating to tenants. The fact that it wasn't working for you lead me to believe with almost 100% certainty that the mod just wasn't being loaded correctly into your game. I don't really have a way to find out WHY it wasn't loading correctly because the patching process for Starbound is basically silent and if a mod changes or ovewries any information produced. :L

If it worked for you now then try the release version again and see if that works.
KolincaRN Dec 25, 2016 @ 4:57pm 
Worked on debug character it seems, but not on actual character, the bug still persists. Since it's just me having this kind of issue, it's likely from the "save files" such as character and world files... but even so it's so odd.
Long Bong Dong Chong  [developer] Dec 25, 2016 @ 6:09pm 
It makes absolutely zero sense. The script that runs the deeds doesn't even COME from the item OR the save. Every time a colony deed is loaded into the world it loads the information from its object definition defined in JSON. The JSON that it reas from is patched over during the game start process and no copy of it is saved anywhere. If you are still trying to use a character from several versions ago that is the only way I could possibly conceive of this problem only affecting a single character in the same installation.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 58 comments
Per page: 1530 50