Starbound

Starbound

Mini Village
Emerald Kithkin  [developer] Aug 3, 2016 @ 1:14pm
Life in gnome villages
Been working pretty hard on this and I think I finally have a solution for making your created villages more active. I'm toying with making each livable structure (excluding trees, lamps, etc) wire objects that produce a gnome critter on activation. I have a few things still that I need to work out but I do have a functioning spawner in my local build. I've added a miniature beacon you can use for the wiring to keep immersion going, and this all will allow you to have your village as active or as quiet as you choose individually.

I am open to comments and suggestions, on this and other aspects of the mod.
Last edited by Emerald Kithkin; Aug 3, 2016 @ 9:34pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Emerald Kithkin  [developer] Aug 3, 2016 @ 9:44pm 
As of 1.1, gnomes can be spawned from any of their livable structures through wire nodes. They each act as an infinite spawner, and the resulting critter has no drops if killed and cannot be captured in a capture pod. I made this decision to start as it will allow each user to choose just how busy their unique village is. The more nodes you have wired up and the more times you press a button, the busier it will get. This will be friendlier to those with lower end machines while still letting those with higher to really crank the numbers out. It also prevents you from having a fixed number of citizens regardless of village size, so you can spawn in a number that you're personally comfortable with.

As for gnomes and colonies, I will be attempting that for the next update. instead of having a singular tennant to rely on, I plan on creating a custom deed in the form of a bank structure that you can regularly collect rent from directly.
Emerald Kithkin  [developer] Aug 10, 2016 @ 11:15am 
Whelp, bad news everyone. My game drive completely failed yesterday, and all recovery efforts have failed. I'll be getting a replacement in tomorrow, but as it stands all of my data has been lost. Once I have it set back up I'll see what I can do about getting back to work on this mod and others, but it's quite a delay on top of where I already was. Thank you for your patience during this time.
CubedDuck Aug 20, 2016 @ 7:16pm 
I think this is a pretty neat little mod. Good job =)
btw I hope you can fix and or replace that drive because I like where this mod is going.
:DuckPlz:
flodoomable Sep 22, 2016 @ 10:35am 
I really hope your plans come to fruition, i love these little guys. (>w<)/
They inhabit the sewers of my actual colony, if only my floran residents knew how many tiny people walked around right under their feet. (=w=)/
Originally posted by flodoomable:
I really hope your plans come to fruition, i love these little guys. (>w<)/
They inhabit the sewers of my actual colony, if only my floran residents knew how many tiny people walked around right under their feet. (=w=)/

Oh my god i have to do that right now
mespi Nov 10, 2016 @ 3:39pm 
How do i get these guys to work? in my base,they never spawn. I have several satelites connected to several houses.
mespi Nov 10, 2016 @ 3:45pm 
Oh,i had to activate them. Derp. Say hello to Gnome city in cyberspace.
Icarus Nov 26, 2016 @ 8:20pm 
guys how do i make the village
flodoomable Nov 27, 2016 @ 1:24am 
You gather gnome balls from existing gnome villages, go to your workbench and craft the individual houses, then plop them down together in an area and bam. It's a gnome village. =D
wacht is the id of the gnome balls?
mtgraves777 May 7, 2022 @ 5:21pm 
Gnome farms
They can grow food for you as a thank you☺
Make a gnome greenhouse that is selectable and give you food or a factory that gives you Metals.
Last edited by mtgraves777; May 7, 2022 @ 5:22pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50