Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Frontline Cosmetic Collection
DerLeiter Jul 30, 2016 @ 10:00pm
Frontline Gamemode?
(Based off of this subreddit post by ROW_Doot_Doot: https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/4upune/frontline_trench_warfare_map_idea/)

Someone has an idea for a gamemode that might just fit into this setting. It might seem wierd to some of you, but here's my rendition of it...

1. The RED and BLU Teams each have one side of the map, which is filled with trenches.

2. At the start of the map, a number of groups BASE Jump into each trench on their side.

3. All of them have to communicate amongst their trenchmates in order to lead a charge to the next trench or help defend the ones leading it in the front of their side.

4. After a prep timer (similar to the setup clock) goes off, the trenches are open for movement.

5. Charges and defenses start and a side can only take over a trench if it gets overrun or outnumbered, similar to the Territorial Control system from cp_hydro.

6. Ater that, steps 2 through 5 repeat.

Once one side is able to get more trenches than the other in once the map timer ends, that side wins.

Last edited by DerLeiter; Jul 30, 2016 @ 10:20pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
An IMC Grunt Aug 17, 2016 @ 5:36am 
Cool Idea! I got a good name for the map too: tw_No Mann's Land (tw=trench warfare mode)
DerLeiter Aug 17, 2016 @ 6:31am 
That sounds good... Hopefully it makes the jump into Frontline! soon enough.
Sir_prise Jan 29, 2017 @ 5:13am 
Imagine the damage you could do as a Pyro.
TwistedTimes24 Apr 20, 2017 @ 7:37pm 
I feel like instead it should be a map with special settings similar to how Degroot Keep has no guns allowed
Last edited by TwistedTimes24; Apr 20, 2017 @ 7:38pm
DerLeiter Apr 20, 2017 @ 8:26pm 
Originally posted by ♦TwistedTime24♦:
I feel like instead it should be a map with special settings similar to how Degroot Keep has no guns allowed

That could work... what settings do you think could work well?
Chicken Joe Sep 15, 2017 @ 9:50am 
Sounds really fun, except people could spam engie or heavy while they're defending.
DerLeiter Sep 15, 2017 @ 4:40pm 
Originally posted by sMW FUNKe's Servant:
Sounds really fun, except people could spam engie or heavy while they're defending.

Well, there could be a similar function to parts of medieval mode, where only certain guns and weapons are allowed...
Chicken Joe Sep 15, 2017 @ 5:28pm 
Originally posted by DerLeiter 1 'Till B-Day:
Originally posted by sMW FUNKe's Servant:

Well, there could be a similar function to parts of medieval mode, where only certain guns and weapons are allowed...
I guess since it would be a special gamemode that would make sense
Originally posted by An IMC Grunt:
Cool Idea! I got a good name for the map too: tw_No Mann's Land (tw=trench warfare mode)
OH MY GOSH YES, PERFECT NAME
A TF2 Player Aug 26, 2018 @ 2:58am 
Originally posted by ThatNentendoGamer:
Originally posted by An IMC Grunt:
OH MY GOSH YES, PERFECT NAME
I agree!
Another unique game mode idea I have seen, Payload, but every now and then the car tank shoots a wall, or shoots a building window perfect for sniping from. And the opposing team, can set "traps", like the briefcase mode. Except you place it down and protect it until it goes off, destroying a portion of the track, which the team has to then either back track, or go down another set of rails. It ends either if all tracks are destroyed.

Or the Blu Team manages to help the Tank Cart shoot its way across the map and shoot the Red's Fuel Depot, for their Cart. Vice Versa. Tracks are important because each team requires it to push their cart. Because of course this is an payload race.

It would require maybe twenty minutes due to the possible size and side objectives.
404_coffee.exe Sep 9, 2020 @ 12:48pm 
i'd say nah...
DerLeiter Sep 9, 2020 @ 12:57pm 
Originally posted by 404_coffee.exe:
i'd say nah...

...then again, this was an idea I had four years ago, at that. Plus, it's only a concept, but it makes fair food for thought.

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50