Counter-Strike 2

Counter-Strike 2

PC-CSGO | Desert Eagle "Constable"
Mojique Jul 11, 2017 @ 11:47am
Compressed Texture Markings
Hey, I'm not sure if the devs would be willing to clear up this issue I had so I thought I'd come to you with some critique.

When the skin fades into poor condition (Well-Worn/Battle-Scarred), there's some signs of strong color manipulation around the grip, namely behind the trigger and under the hammer. Blocky pixelated dark but highly saturated greens, purples, and oranges.

Here's a screenshot highlighting the issue (Textures set to high and texture filtering at x16, taken with an uncompressed Steam screenshot):
https://my.mixtape.moe/udesxi.jpg

I don't mind the coloration, honestly, I'm willing to write that off as grime and dead skin cells, but my issue is the blockiness that it comes with. It doesn't look like the weapon is in poor quality, it looks like the game is poor quality. I really enjoy the weapon's aesthetic and it hurts to see these flaws on it.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Millenia  [developer] Aug 4, 2018 @ 10:54am 
Not much we can do about that unfortunately, all the textures have to be compressed. A compressed 2048 with an alpha channel is already 5.33 megabytes and an uncompressed one is ~22 megabytes which is excessive for one skin.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50