Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Loading Screen Mod
bitsaul Feb 10, 2022 @ 11:44am
Freedom from LSM?
I've been using the loading screen mod for as long as it's been published. Until the most recent DLC I've considered it to be the one mod I would never play without, even over move it! However, it's recent disable by the new DLC has meant I'm playing without it and although it's hard for me to understand why I can say without any doubt that my game runs infinitely smoother and more reliably without it. I've lost so many cities over the years to array index errors, load fails, and files missing that are clearly not missing. All gone now without LSM. I've recovered cities that i haven't been able to load in 5 years. My saves load significantly faster despite having a 3K+ mod library. What used to be a 7 minute load time with the LSM just freezing for a good 2 minutes in the last half is now cut down to 2 minutes or less in total. Everything I believed is falling apart, my faith is shook. I thought LSM was reducing these problems for years but it seems it was causing them all along. anyone else have a similar experience recently?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
silver9990 Feb 13, 2022 @ 5:05pm 
Personally I wouldn't be able to play without it, almost crashed my pc when it got disabled by the update & the only thing that helps is the new temp mod.
Jeremie Ha Feb 13, 2022 @ 5:39pm 
Something is not right here. Are you subscribed to this LSM or the Airport DLC-compatible one that was recently released? Even if you did not buy the Airport DLC, you will need to use that one instead for now.
bitsaul Feb 17, 2022 @ 9:10am 
I am not subscribed to any LSM. The experience my post was trying to convey is that my game runs remarkably better in almost every respect without LSM, which I have been using for years. I don't need help getting LSM to work.
hellodave Feb 17, 2022 @ 2:13pm 
I just tried this, load time more than doubled and RAM usage almost doubled, no idea how things are better for you without it.
Severus_Snape Feb 18, 2022 @ 11:36pm 
Yeah @hellodave , same, my game takes more than an hour to open a small map :/ well it doesn't help that I have more than 6k assest and 80 smth mods...
drewskei92 Feb 25, 2022 @ 9:28am 
The version of LSM you're commenting on is broken for Airport DLC and the subsequent free update, you need to use Kyte's version.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2731207699
Syd Bat Mar 21, 2022 @ 1:10pm 
@bitsaul - I am not sure how you are able to play without LSM (fixed for Airports). I decided to try starting a new game without LSM and maxed out my 64 GB RAM and my 64 GB Swap (Linux). The game never fully loaded either. It just sat there on the loading screen until I stopped it.

With LSM, I get to the game within 3 - 4 minutes and use a max of 50 GB RAM and no Swap. Game plays fine.
silver9990 Mar 21, 2022 @ 9:43pm 
@Syd Bat They either have to be trolling or have something else going on behind the scenes because there's just about no way they're having a better experience without it.
Misused chair Mar 27, 2022 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by silver9990:
@Syd Bat They either have to be trolling or have something else going on behind the scenes because there's just about no way they're having a better experience without it.
there is no way they arent trolling
MisoRamenSoup Mar 28, 2022 @ 12:28pm 
You big fat liar.
WisTex Jun 25, 2022 @ 4:24pm 
For those who say the game loads perfectly well without LSM, that certainly is true... until you add too many mods and assets. LSM allows you to play with more mods and more assets than your memory allows because it reduces your memory usage on load. If you don't have a ton of mods and assets, you probably don't need it.
Misused chair Jul 12, 2022 @ 10:13am 
Originally posted by silver9990:
Personally I wouldn't be able to play without it, almost crashed my pc when it got disabled by the update & the only thing that helps is the new temp mod.
it aint temp anymore, definitely not.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50