Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
froggy  [developer] Nov 15, 2023 @ 4:45pm
Bug/issue reports
Report issues here
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Erick_Maksimets Nov 19, 2023 @ 12:45pm 
There is a technical ability to kill a spectator, for example, you could use ULX !slay command. Also any player with noclip rights has the ability to turn off the fly mode in free-look spectator. To reproduce it you need to have custom addons, so, potentially it is not a bug in your opinion.
Erick_Maksimets Nov 19, 2023 @ 11:50pm 
I'm not sure if this is included in the original Half-Life 2:Deathmatch game, but on some unofficial maps we can see teleports that players could theoretically get stuck in if there is another player at the exit. It will be even worse if it is your teammate. In Garry's Mod everything can be solved by a code similar to AntiPlayerStuck, which is used in many gamemodes. You can also just add a console command sv_hl2mp_player_collision 0/1 or something like this.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=149737736
froggy  [developer] Nov 20, 2023 @ 5:56pm 
Slaying spectators with ULX works in TTT as well so I'd consider it a nonissue.

Disabling collisions between players also makes attacks pass through, so this wouldn't work for enemies, but sv_hl2mp_teamcollide already exists for disabling teammate collisions.

I checked, teleporting players (even teammates) get stuck in the original game too.
Last edited by froggy; Nov 20, 2023 @ 6:01pm
Erick_Maksimets Nov 23, 2023 @ 8:57pm 
For some reason unknown to me, in some cases bots ignore the navmesh and start going right at the player despite the fact that A: they don't see him (bot in the corridor) and B: they don't attack him(bots behind the glass).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mLnUlwJ8kYPxyCwLVoqlgHVEsumqZ8pT/view?usp=sharing
Flammable Dec 4, 2023 @ 7:51am 
I'v spend about an hour in this game mode and unfortunately it does not feel like hl2dm at all. Feels more like slow synergy or something. Sprint and bhopping is disabled, which is one of main things of hl2dm, it's a movemenet shooter, and having such slow movement takes away hl2dm spirit. Bots can see you through walls and instantly shooting you once you reach their sight, and also they act weird when they see you through glass. Bring back speed, sprint and bhopping, improve bots ai and this might have a potential, at the moment it's just boring.
Erick_Maksimets Dec 12, 2023 @ 4:07pm 
After the new update I can observe, bots are now more realistic but less intelligent. So, I decided to try out the new update for the bots and now my map doesn't work properly =(

Bots don't seem to want to analyze the navmesh around them and are looking for enemies in the walls. I don't know how it works in the code, but I can recommend creating random points on the Navmesh for bots to follow it, after reaching these points, the bot will find another random point. Also you can make bot rotate his head to 180 when he reaches the end of the navmesh block. I dunno. Creating bots for gmod is some kind of online buttcrushing.

Demonstration of the problem[drive.google.com]
Navmesh context for the video[imgur.com]
Security Guard Dec 17, 2023 @ 6:17am 
Guys, can someone help me? I have typed the convar in the gmod map selection. But when I played the gamemode, I chose a team and the bots wont appear.
SoR_Ge Jan 7 @ 4:57am 
Can you fix bots please? After update bots don't follow navmesh and trying to walk into the wall or some like that.
I think it would be awesome to have support for maps from Counter-Strike: Source. All you need to do is add the info_player_terrorist and info_player_counterterrorist to the GM:PlayerSelectTeamSpawn function in player.lua.

It's so simple and adds so much variability!
Last edited by Erick_Maksimets; Jan 10 @ 9:04am
FosFor Jan 13 @ 5:43am 
Recently, while playing in your gamemode, I noticed that the bots often aimlessly encounter obstacles, such as walls and barricades, partially even ignoring the player on the impossible difficulty. Until the player appears in the bot's field of view, it will continue its futile action. I sincerely ask you to consider and address this issue, as I have really enjoyed your mode, and I want to continue receiving a high-quality gaming experience.
Bots have become less intelligent. They stick to walls more often. Sometimes they can walk past a player and ignore him until they take damage.
Well, first of all i want to thank you for doing a great job with this gamemode and bots and im whilling to help with finding issues in it

Gameplay: I played the original hl2 deathmatch, not so much but i really enjoyed it because of the fast gameplay, especially because of the fast movement, bhoping and such. I would like to see improving of this part of the gamemode for the accurate gameplay expirience

Bots: I was interested in bots behavior and was silently watching their intellect and abilities progressing sinse first days and i like to say that they've improved at some point from the first update, now they are not just going all to the one corner, but still they are getting stuck after a while. I guess that for some reason they are seing navmesh through the visible obstecle but they are not trying to get around them to get to the next navmesh point, they are just trying to go through the wall, usually ignoring the player before they could see him or before they are getting damaged
Dr. Spock Jan 16 @ 10:08pm 
If I set sv_hl2mp_bot_quota any higher than 6 the bots do not spawn in and there are never more than 3 of them. How do I increase their numbers?
Ґусь Jan 20 @ 2:45pm 
I'm glad that Garry’s Mod community is working on bots, especially for hl2dm. However, they have certain disadvantages that significantly affect the experience of playing with them. The behavior of the bots was examined only on normal difficulty. The following is a list of the problems I have noted in the behavior of bots for hl2dm:

-Bots do not adhere to navemesh, constantly stopping in corners, looking at one point, stopping while moving, even if this is not provided by their path of movement;

-Sometimes bots are ignoring the player even if they are looking straight at each other;

-Bots do not try to scout the map for enemies or better weapons.

Similar behavior observed for specific bots is characteristic of them even after several deaths. They do not change it, but continue to make same mistakes.
I hope my message will not go unnoticed. I wish the developer inspiration and strength in working on his projects.
Picking up items causes them to freeze in place and switching map after loading the first map crashes the game? This seems to be happening only on the gamemode as it still occurs even with all other addons disabled. Any fixes?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50