Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV

Zombie Invasion
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 27, 2015 @ 7:19am
Bug reports
If you have anything to complain about, game breaking bugs, unbalanced countries, or brainless AI, you should do it here, as it will be easier to notice the problems in the discussion rather than mod comments.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 148 comments
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 28, 2015 @ 9:27am 
Ok, fixed the problem, now it should work just fine.
Just noticed in your .mod file that the tags are not entered correctly and therefore are not filed in the proper categories in the workshop. to fix it, you need to change this:

tags={ "Gameplay" "New" "Nations" "Alternative" "History" }

to this:

tags={ "Gameplay" "New Nations" "Alternative History" }
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 28, 2015 @ 10:47am 
Well, the entire mod file thing was a weird thing. At the beginning it put it into "Gameplay" and "Balance" every time I uploaded it, no matter what the tags were. I will fix it then, but when I will get another thing to fix.
And thanks for noting this, I really appreciate it.
Originally posted by Finwelf:
Well, the entire mod file thing was a weird thing. At the beginning it put it into "Gameplay" and "Balance" every time I uploaded it, no matter what the tags were. I will fix it then, but when I will get another thing to fix.
And thanks for noting this, I really appreciate it.

I think that had to do with previous behaviour on what the game would do when you clicked the Manage then Upload buttons in the game. My observations in earlier patches is that it would change the .mod file on your comp for some reason after it was uploaded to the workshop. So when I properly formatted it like my post above, it would be on the workshop in the correct categories, but the local .mod file would change to look like this mess:

tags={ Gameplay New Nations Alternative History }

Which, without the quotes to identify some spaces as non-delimeters, would file it under all the single word tags in the future if you didn't change it back before your next upload. When I updated my mod yesterday for 1.13, I noticed it doesn't seem to do that anymore, but best keep an eye on it just in case.
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 28, 2015 @ 11:13am 
Yeah, the entire workshop uploading thing is far harder than one may thing - not only setting the tags, but for some reason I couldn't set the thumbnail too. But it works now, so I'm not complaining.
And I think that it has something to do with the older versions of the mod file, and you can't simply overwrite them.
crazy8 Aug 28, 2015 @ 12:48pm 
Fond a bug wich the zombie horde upon conquering a province it got uncolonized
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 28, 2015 @ 1:19pm 
Check if the Zombie horde has the modifier "Zombie decline", this may explain that.
Boris Aug 28, 2015 @ 5:55pm 
Why would natural resources be used up by zombies? What use would they have to them?
IIzTrollin Aug 28, 2015 @ 9:00pm 
Using custom nations does not work, the zombies never get traction and theres a chance the random nations will take a zombie idea.
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 29, 2015 @ 1:08am 
Natural resources is just a bug, caused by turning provinces into uncolonised, so it's fixable, and I will do it soon.
About custom nations - Zombies don't have their unique ideas, they use default ones, as there's no need for them to have any, because they won't level up in tech at all. But I will make Zombie religion and culture blocked for custom nations.
Madventurer Aug 29, 2015 @ 3:55am 
Started a game with Extended Timeline in 1.13, year 863 or so.
First game: Zombies spawn in Scotland.
Second game: Zombies spawn in France, but don't receive any troops whatsoever.
According to the tech screen, they don't even HAVE any troops until Percussion Cap Musket.
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 29, 2015 @ 4:01am 
I may make ET compatibile version in the future, however that's interesting to hear - I guess it's because I made another tech group and unit for the zombies and the mil.txt files are coliding with each other.
Lazycat Aug 29, 2015 @ 5:37am 
Zombies spawned in Bryansk in Lithuania and got the war event with them while they had the PU with Poland, which caused them to be at war with only Lithuania and not with their overlord Poland as well.
Great mod btw!
Finwelf  [developer] Aug 29, 2015 @ 6:02am 
Thanks! Well, those aren't technically wars, it's just representation of the invasion. When they will get close enough to Polish border, Poland will DoW them too, and probably form Commonwealth via special event.
Varja Aug 29, 2015 @ 7:15am 
Not sure if it is bug, but pc countries recieve every single day event called "you shouldn't see this". I wouldn't mind, but amount of spam caused bcs of event probably slows game. To replicate this, just open log near map.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 148 comments
Per page: 1530 50