Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV

Zombie Invasion
Finwelf  [developer] Mar 13, 2016 @ 11:53am
Next mod suggestions
I mentioned somewhere, that I'm making a new mod, that focuses on the world after the doom, and some people wanted to post their ideas. If you have any - do it here, to avoid spam in other places.

Note: I don't promise the mod will ever come to be, it's just so people can post their ideas here.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
ICAT Mar 13, 2016 @ 12:09pm 
im thinking that Refugess Destroyed England and scotland via civil war. also with the fact that the far north survived we could see sweaden and norway be independant and how the mod would be longer as rebuilding takes awhile so it could end in 2050! or how the virrus could have (somehow) reached the Americas and destroyed the major ribes to the south and crippled northern and southern ones and how there could survivor tech. (ex *insert group name here*) and that there could be more zombie hordes (red) that could be in the middle east/equator area but anyways just for u to consider Great mod. :D

Update

and add raiders too please
sorry for that short update
Last edited by ICAT; Mar 13, 2016 @ 12:10pm
Ok, my scenario is that the major courts of Europe (and Morocco) fled to the New World. When the Zombies get close enough, the nations prepare an exodus fleet and gather supplies and other necessities. If the nation takes too long, then the fleet will likely be severely weakened or destroyed entirely. Britain got eaten by Z, but Switzerland , maybe Perm, those Siberian Tengris and the Sami in Finnmark hide in their frozen fortresses. Norway also evacuates to a much better developed Iceland and Greenland, with possible colonies in Vinland. Gotland is an independent nation populated with a mix of Norse, Germanic and Balto-Slavic people. Byzantium flees to Venetian Crete and has just reclaimed Naxos. They still dream of their banners adorning Rome. Venice itself was abandoned during the End and has only recently been resettled. The Doge wants only to fill his coffers with trade money, or to create a great nation. Aragon fled to the Balearic and lost her overseas provinces to rebels, until the King was forced to abdicate to a Federation of Mediterranean Islands, based in Caligari. The islanders eye up Sicily as their first target. The Pope managed to escape to Rhodes, Home of the Knight's Hospital, who take up the mantle of Papacy. Cyprus is the main destination for Muslim refugees. The clash of age old rival faiths caused turmoil on the island until the King split the island into half: ons half for the Christians, one half for the Muslims. Both want to retrieve the Holy Land... for themselves. In multiple nations, the belief in Christ is shattered: The Norse speak rumours of secret Blots, human sacrifice to the Gods of Asguard. In Byzantium, talk is abound of the Greek gods, and 'oracles' have appeared in multiple cities. The Sami never left the Old Gods and will spread their faith. Perm has a similar condition to the Sami, but there are also some of the remaining Christians from the south.

This is the world today - This is Apocalypse 1450!

TL;DR, Pt 1. The Plot

1. Main Europeans (France, Austria, [Germany], etc.) abandon Europe a la Third Odessy. (Some of Third Odessy: BTTM's code can help with this.)
  2. Gotland is independent, with people from Sweden, Germany, the Baltic and Russia. May Become Norse. (Norse is already a religion in the base game, so that's half the battle.)
  3. Aragon evolved into Italocentric Med. Fed. Small Muslim refugee minority, wants Sicily. (Religious minorities can be province modifiers.)
  4. Byzanty flees to Crete, reclaims Naxos. Minimal Muslim refugees, wants to be Roman Empire. May convert to Hellenism. (Third Odessy may help here too.)
  5. Pope flees to Knights in Rhodes, to make new Papacy. Options to free, vassalize, etc. Knights when big enough.
  6. Cyprus has a Muslim majority in the north of the island. The fusion of the two religions allows the ruler to be Christian or Muslim with the other faith as Syncryetic. (Syncryetism is normaly Tengri Exclusive. A quick fiddle with the code should allow Cyprus that benefit.)
  7. Venice evacuates the City and has just returned. Let's just say that some assembly is required. Venice may suffer from food shortages due to geographical location. (Some setup events to define what Venice is as a country. T.O: BTTM can help.)
  8. Perm has religious schizm between Soumensuko and Christian religion. Going Pagan will befriend Sami, while choosing Christ will increase the favour of the South. (Extended Timeline has Suomensuko as a religion. I suggest using that.)
  9. Norway evacuates to Iceland and the Northern Orkneys while recolonising Greenland and examining Vinland. May become Norse. Norway has some British and Irish refugees.

TL;DR, Pt 2. Province Changes
  1. Gotland is split North to South. Both have increased development
  2. Cyprus is split North to South, North is Sunni with Shia minority. Both have icreased development.
  3. Crete is split West to East. Both have increased development.
  4. Balerica is split into Majorca and Minorca, Sardinia is three provinces instead of two. Increased development of all provinces
  5. Venice is geographically shrunk. The province represents a tiny island, it should be smaller.
    Development is variable for Venice.
  6. All empty Old World provinces have one Manpower, which increases by event.
Last edited by HL+UT=Awesome, Change My Mind; Mar 13, 2016 @ 4:00pm
ICAT Mar 13, 2016 @ 4:20pm 
and in asia the virus reaches japan destroying them instantly as it does to the ming, destroying/deviding it into the (made up names) Inu Shi and the Kia all with diffrent religons (confusist Hindu muslim etc) and india is rubble with enclaves of the british and french )

nations:

Inu R:confusist, theocracy state capital is bejing and has small groups of land
Shi R:musilm, Capital is Taiwan and consist of the remnant forces of the MING
Kia R Hindu Capital is a provence call Tera somewhere in western china and northern nepal

middle eastern factions

Ottoman enclave (Murmad) the remnants of the ottomans, armenians and the georgians fled to some small regions in modern day iran

Isreal the new power of the fallen middle east owning egypt all the way to syria

Sicily:

yes they would be in europe but that dosent mean much, they have a large colony in Tripoli and lybia

Update

polish remnants: they own cyprus and Rhodes they can mutate into the Island empire

New world faction: nordica
it is scandinavian in the far northern america
Last edited by ICAT; Mar 13, 2016 @ 4:22pm
No, I don't believe that could happen.

1. Japan during Sengoku was extremely isolationist, meaning that any outbreak would by contained on the medium it would otherwise arrive on. That is, assuming the medium (Trading, migration, etc.) is still functional. Japan would likely seal up like a duck's arse; nothing zombie - or human for that matter could land on the islands.
  2. Islam would be largely concentrated in the west, as I said about Cyprus and the Med. Fed. Any muslims that escaped else where would go to either Socotra - overrunning the native Coptic faith, The Maldives - replacing the native culture, Madagascar - a popular destination for the Swahili countries, or Siberia - the cold would freeze any zombie that ventures near them. There would be no Muslims at all in Mainland East Asia, though there is Indonesia: safe by itself with refugees from Sumatra.
  3. Some Hindus would flee to the Maldives, forcing perhaps another syncretism between Islam and Hinduism, which would split the Maldives in two. Others would go to the Andamans, also split into two provinces. There they would moderately coexist with eachother for x time.
  4. I hope that Israel thing was a joke, because it's otherwise just pathetic.
  5. The Turks fled to Cyprus, so they can't be in Iran. Anyway, they all got eaten: those mountains aren't cold enough to protect a nation. Also the unavoidable fact that some cultures just didn't make it.
  6. Ming China couldn't stand against the Zed, no-one could. They had to flee to Tiwan or face extiction. Korea did the same and fled to Cheju.
  7. The Med. Fed.'s claim on sicily is acually a good point. They would also have colonies in Africa: it's only logical. Of course, the colonies would come after the scenario begins.
  8. The few Polish that survived would go to Gotland, Not Cyprus and Rhodes. The Pope is in Rhodes and Cyprus is its own nation.
  9. Nordica is a nice concept, but it would have to come later, after Vinland is settled.
ICAT Mar 14, 2016 @ 3:07pm 
ah.. thx for correcting ideas

but im thniking the jewish fled to southern africa in some way (assuming during the early days of the virus) and what about cities? would they have a colonization debuff for being ruined!
ICAT Mar 14, 2016 @ 3:09pm 
and raider/ survivor tribes usually 1-2 provinces and are basically tribal (notice the reverse european scinario)

and horde remenants in the far north like in Siberia and alaska and maybe on some islands
they are not as bad as a normal threat (assuming Doom of mankind is cannon)

btw what is considered cannon?
Finwelf  [developer] Mar 14, 2016 @ 3:10pm 
I guess I should be more precise in the beginning - mod is already in development, and Europe is /somehow/ developped, so really unfortunatly most of these ideas will be a miss.
I'm sorry about that, should've included a basic setup in the beginning, so I will do it now and then say some stuff about these ideas.
While having literally everything except islands destroyed sounded like a good idea, it would be a disaster from the balance standpoint, and it would be pretty boring with this little nations. That's why I often allowed some nations (Mecca, Kurds, Turks, Serbs etc.) to survive high in the mountain castles and stuff like that, since let's face it, they would.
While Third Odyssey sounds like a great idea, we've to realise one thing - New World was discovered in 1492, and this mod is the sequel of the Zombie Invasion. During it, New World would most likely remain undiscovered, and Aztecs and Incas would have some more time for subjugating everybody.
Back on the main plot: England kicks out all refugees after they bring the disease with them, however it allows Scotland and Ireland to flourish (which may lead them into a civil war).
Pope remains in Avignon, but Catholicism is split, and paganism is soon to rise again.
Scandinavia mostly survives, since it's way too cold out there in Finland, and they blocked the straits, but turned pagan in the proccess. Scandinavian Catholics escape, take over Iceland and recolonise Greenland.
Haven't done that much stuff outside of Europe though, but eh. Made it so West Africa is in a war with Mali being a really big powerhouse out there.
Regarding Venice: There's hardly any reason for them to abandon the city really, since it literally is an island, it would be rather fine.
Also, Byzantium - it would be able just to survive, since Theodosian walls were powerful enough for that.
The main problem is that these ideas are good, only different from the vision I'm currently implementing (or which I SHOULD be implementing), but eh. Some of the Third Odyssey will happen anyway, since Portugal is going to be thrown out of Europe or something like that.
ICAT Mar 14, 2016 @ 3:10pm 
oh and sweedish/ lithuanian remnants went to bornholm....
ICAT Mar 14, 2016 @ 3:19pm 
8 formable nation ideas

Germania (any german nation)
Nordica (and scandinavian faction in europe)
the ottomans (regarding to desolve them)
China formed via any remnant chineese faction
The Papalular states (the pope has to own Rome Umbra Malta southern italy and Corsica)
2 new government/tech styles (survivor/scavenger) simular to high american but with european style ideas
Imperial Japan formed when japan conquers korea, Taiwan, Manchuria and The islands
Roda= a small nation in siberia that somehow surivived
The normans A seprate nation that starts during the begining and is at war with england

new religon Rodialism Worship zombies (will allow you to choose buffs)

(near ground zero)
also have it so the zombies can return but much weaker and much slower
ICAT Mar 14, 2016 @ 3:20pm 
im smelling XCOM style story.... 0-0

btw where is the cannonal ground zero?
Last edited by ICAT; Mar 14, 2016 @ 3:21pm
Originally posted by ICAT:

btw where is the canonic ground zero?
there isn't one

Heh. Z-Com Enemy Undead.
Last edited by HL+UT=Awesome, Change My Mind; Mar 15, 2016 @ 12:55am
ICAT Mar 16, 2016 @ 5:01pm 
new nation... Siberian Union.. Formed by some sort of russian ethnic nation in Siberia and would have its capital be atou moved to east tunguska.....

or perhaps Tibet survives and exploits the distablized chineese
idk just some ideas
Finwelf  [developer] Mar 30, 2016 @ 1:42pm 
Sorry for late answer, but eh, I was /somehow/ busy.
Haven't touched Asia still, but Perm would survive most likely - Syberian Unnion however doesn't sound exactly good, as these people wouldn't really call themselves "Syberians".
ICAT Mar 30, 2016 @ 2:13pm 
ah.... then how about a tunguskan tribe?
Originally posted by ICAT:

btw where is the cannonal ground zero?
Actually...

Bejing, Ming/Qing China
Huge, unsanitary, secretive, it's perfect.

Also about the X-Com/Z-Com thing: It's a special modifier that enhances your troops and mil tech rate and allows recruitment of high-end generals at the cost of lowered income. If you're big enough, you can join it as a sponsor. If Z-Com is not to your liking, you can pull at any time, for a stab penalty.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 1530 50