Gods! Version 2.1
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
JordanDoes  [developer] Jun 12, 2015 @ 5:01pm
Bugs
Report Bugs here please!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 168 comments
Carcanken Jun 12, 2015 @ 5:43pm 
I've noticed that AI vassals under the Evil or Good religion don't automatically try to convert their provinces. I don't know if something in my individual game is preventing it, but over the course of 200 years ingame only provinces I manually convert work.
AShadow Jun 12, 2015 @ 6:03pm 
For your God trait healing event you forgot to add remove_trait syphilitic to the list. making the heal event always fire but never actuly heal syphiliic Gods.
Syls Jun 12, 2015 @ 7:03pm 
The same happens for the Great Pox with the healing event
JordanDoes  [developer] Jun 12, 2015 @ 7:44pm 
Will look into hotfixing all these current issues
Eronoc Jun 12, 2015 @ 9:21pm 
For some reason, it seems as if the event "thegods.009" isn't triggering, at least for me. This would be the event that turns children into young gods or demigods, but none of my children are gaining those traits.
If I fire the event manually via the console it works properly, but that is the only way.

Edit: After looking over the event, it almost looks like there is no trigger. It can only be triggered, but has no way to trigger. Of course, that is with my limited experience and only a brief glance. I know next to nothing about any of this, and I am doing everything by intuition alone.
I will try removing is_triggered_only = yes and adding a trigger = { block and see if that fixes my problem.

Edit II: It works now! :D
I added:
trigger = {
OR = {
father = { trait = God }
mother = { trait = God }
father = { trait = Fallen_God }
mother = { trait = Fallen_God }
father = { trait = Demi_God }
etc, etc.
I also added a max_age = 1, because I think otherwise it would keep firing the event throughout their life.
I am not sure if this is supposed to be how it works, but it does work. I figured I would post the solution I found just in case.
Last edited by Eronoc; Jun 12, 2015 @ 10:51pm
JordanDoes  [developer] Jun 13, 2015 @ 1:02pm 
Originally posted by Kyncaith Guilliams:
For some reason, it seems as if the event "thegods.009" isn't triggering, at least for me. This would be the event that turns children into young gods or demigods, but none of my children are gaining those traits.
If I fire the event manually via the console it works properly, but that is the only way.

Edit: After looking over the event, it almost looks like there is no trigger. It can only be triggered, but has no way to trigger. Of course, that is with my limited experience and only a brief glance. I know next to nothing about any of this, and I am doing everything by intuition alone.
I will try removing is_triggered_only = yes and adding a trigger = { block and see if that fixes my problem.

Edit II: It works now! :D
I added:
trigger = {
OR = {
father = { trait = God }
mother = { trait = God }
father = { trait = Fallen_God }
mother = { trait = Fallen_God }
father = { trait = Demi_God }
etc, etc.
I also added a max_age = 1, because I think otherwise it would keep firing the event throughout their life.
I am not sure if this is supposed to be how it works, but it does work. I figured I would post the solution I found just in case.

So I use the on_action events to trigger that event on birth for all characters.

I am curious about changing the way it works to see if it fixes the aging issue. Unsure why it wasn't triggering for you.
Warpborn Jun 13, 2015 @ 3:34pm 
Created a custom high god character he has the king of the evil gods in his court and that guys isn't even a god. also his opinion of me is 100
Eronoc Jun 13, 2015 @ 8:56pm 
Originally posted by TheGreenOneLikes:
I am curious about changing the way it works to see if it fixes the aging issue. Unsure why it wasn't triggering for you.

I don't think it fixes the aging issue, unfortunately. My gods still seem to age.
Well, as long as it works, I'll just have my files edited. Probably just some weird hiccup with my game due to me screwing around, but since I worked around it I'm good.
uberfantastic Jun 13, 2015 @ 10:48pm 
Is it normal that all throughout the world there are countless non-god characters with Divine Theologian or God of Wisdom type of traits? This occurs upon the starting of a new game, the world is filled with god traits occuring randomly.

Figured that these traits would only be handed out to a god or demi-god character as I start playing the game, but with 500+ God of Wisdom characters already in the world it seems like I'm missing something here...

edit: this is on a fresh CK2 install, tested. No other mods have been downloaded, and this occurs whether I use manual install from the link or steam workshop.
Last edited by uberfantastic; Jun 13, 2015 @ 10:51pm
Eronoc Jun 13, 2015 @ 11:07pm 
Originally posted by uberfantastic:

If you wait a couple of days they should revert to normal educations and lose those traits.
They spawn with them because those are considered education traits, which are selected at random in character generation.
The modmaker has created events that remove those traits from random courtiers upon firing.
Last edited by Eronoc; Jun 13, 2015 @ 11:08pm
uberfantastic Jun 13, 2015 @ 11:14pm 
Originally posted by Kyncaith Guilliams:
Originally posted by uberfantastic:

If you wait a couple of days they should revert to normal educations and lose those traits.

*mind blown

Thanks!
Skullever Jun 14, 2015 @ 10:03am 
For the minor titles (God of the Dead, God of War, etc.) it seems that you have the requirements set to:
trait = God
OR = { trait = Young_God }
First, both of these should be set in the OR field, as the way it is now you must have both God and Young God to receive a minor title. Second, should Fallen God and Young Fallen God be taken into account as well?
I've edited the files to read:
OR = { trait = God
trait = Young_God
trait = Fallen_God
trait = Young_Fallen_God }
JordanDoes  [developer] Jun 14, 2015 @ 11:58am 
Originally posted by Skullever:
For the minor titles (God of the Dead, God of War, etc.) it seems that you have the requirements set to:
trait = God
OR = { trait = Young_God }
First, both of these should be set in the OR field, as the way it is now you must have both God and Young God to receive a minor title. Second, should Fallen God and Young Fallen God be taken into account as well?
I've edited the files to read:
OR = { trait = God
trait = Young_God
trait = Fallen_God
trait = Young_Fallen_God }

Thank you for this catch! You are absolutely right, this will be fixed on the update coming very soon.
Junner Jun 14, 2015 @ 12:00pm 
Hey I like this mod really mutch. But if I load i am not a god anymore :(
Eronoc Jun 14, 2015 @ 5:30pm 
Originally posted by TheGreenOneLikes:
I am curious about changing the way it works to see if it fixes the aging issue.

Actually... the characters born before I changed the event are still aging as usual. The characters created recently seem to be staying young as they age. I will see if this continues.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 168 comments
Per page: 1530 50