Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Drones
Jaydee Apr 26, 2015 @ 8:27pm
Top Requested Drone Types (That we are dying to see)
I know some are already on the To-Do list and some were ignored. The other suggestion thread was packed so i made my own.

Let me know what i should add to the list!

My Ideas: (Combined with other ideas here) VOTE THIS UP!

1. A mini-sized drone with a SMG like gun mounted and can fire a small lazer beam that does small damage, can be easily destroyed even with a pistol and is slightly larger than a manhack. (Named Micro-Drone)

2. A heavily armored drone that can take large rocket fire, launches artillery at a far distance in result for a thirty second firing cooldown, a few rockets from the RPG should take it down and is larger than the Armored Drone. (Named T-12 Artillery Drone)

3. A stealth and recon themed drone used for detecting enemies, can become invisable for a short period of time, and fires duel laser beams that do a moderate amount of damage. Is slightly smaller than the normal drone. (Named Stealth Drone)

4. A drone that is used for close quarter combat and provides a shielding system to itself when its armor is almost depleted. Carries a cannon that fires shotgun shells in a rapid motion, armor is moderate and is about the size of a normal drone. (Named CQC Drone)

5. A drone made specifically for racing, can be colored and is rather small in size. The drone does not carry a gun but carries a rechargable laser that disables the functions of other drones if hit, makes it perfect for competitive racing. The drone is extremely weak as a pistol can destroy it, the drone iis light weight and super fast with a built in turbo by holding 'Sprint'. The drone is slightly smaller than a normal drone. (Named Racing Drone)

6. A drone that is similiar to a RC Car, a drone on wheels and can provide amazing support to ground units, holds duel miniguns and a shotgun cannon. Heavily armored and not easy to take down. This drone can withstand a bunch of gunfire but very little rocket damage. The drone is large but small enough to fit through big doorways. The shift button doesnt make it go faster but yet deploys a energy shield around the drone. (Named Sentry Drone)

7. A favorite among pyromaniacs, this drone is small yet really strange looking. The only weapon this drone has is a flamethrower. Whats scary about this drone is that it is completely immune to gunfire and can only be destroyed with rockets, making this drone a must have in a close quarter combat fight. Its armor is possibly the strongest ever and its speed is moderate. (Named Firestorm Drone)

8. A drone specifically for 'Jihading'. This drone has a shell of armor and that is simply it. The drone is super fast and very bulky because it is holding tons of explosives in it. Destroying this drone is very risky up close because it will blow up when it hits the ground. It has no guns and when using its function will blow up in a time of three seconds. The explosion would be massive. (Named Suicider Drone)

9. A drone which is ment only for water, such as a submersive drone. All drones are capable of going in the water (Which they should be made to instantly blow up upon touching water, as vehicles are disabled when they end up in water.) The drone is not ment for flying in air as it will not work. Dropping the drone in the water is the only way to control it. It has 2 SMG guns (Not miniguns) and a grenade launcher. Can go quite fast underwater and has a moderate amount of armor. Explosives are highly effective against these drones. (Named Sub-Drone)

10. A drone that is unlike others, this drone is simply like a turret. It is a mobile deployable sentry gun. It rolls around almost like a rollermine than when activated, mounts itself on the ground and draws duel miniguns and a flamethrower. The drone cannot be moved after deploying. Before the drone is deployed it is extremely easy to destroy. After deployment it is heavily armored and well armed. The drones rolling speed is rather fast. (Named Mobile Ground Turret Drone or MGT Drone)

10 1/2. (A major challenge) A drone with a whole different system. Is maintained by five players at once. One to drive and four to man the guns. The drone is very big and well armored. But the drone walks instead of flying. The drone is made for clearing out large groups of other drones of many types. The drones guns are quad miniguns and duel rocket barrages. The guy who controls the drone only focuses on walking around. The design of the drone is almost like a spider, the drones legs can be destroyed. If one leg is destroyed the whole drone becomes 'Planked' and cannot move. Only the guns can be used.

I have many more ideas but the rest are listed here in the comments. Thanks and UPVOTE THIS LIST!!!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 138 comments
krip Apr 27, 2015 @ 3:18am 
Maybe add drone attachments, so players can make custom drones, maybe put it as a weapon, named drone creator, add custom attachments, speed, and stuff like that. add weapons to attachments, some perks like not being able to be hacked, or being able to find targets, extra speed, extra armor, I look forward to seeing that in the addon.
calafex  [developer] Apr 27, 2015 @ 4:38am 
@DLH Harper, how u imagine this? users will do overpowered drones with 10 rocket launchers mounted. Then, perk system - how u will earn points to spend it on perks? dont tell me that point = one drone kill, it will be too easy.
krip Apr 27, 2015 @ 5:51am 
what do you mean, I mean you can nerf it to be 2 weapons at a time, 2-3 perks at a time and no points system or maybe you can make it configurable for admins
Sylous Apr 27, 2015 @ 6:33am 
UAV "Predator" A.K.A. Plane drone
Last edited by Sylous; Apr 27, 2015 @ 7:33am
shakespearsinsults Apr 27, 2015 @ 10:56am 
what about a drone that follows you and protects you
Forden Apr 27, 2015 @ 11:03am 
I have a better idea for the "Racing drone"

It shall be named..."The Virus": A drone that has the ability to disable enemy drones and force them to self-destruct. The perfect anti-drone

Forden Apr 27, 2015 @ 11:09am 
Also considering the upgrade system:

What about a machine that you can put a drone into it, and you can choose what upgrade to give it *Via a menu that opens when you press E on it*, And then, depending on the upgrade and drone, it will take a certain amount of time to add that upgrade to the drone.

This any good?
Last edited by Forden; Apr 27, 2015 @ 11:10am
a drone that is fairly large and has not only the ability to repair itself but can deploy mini drones on the ground that will help it in combat anyone like the idea?
Sirknobbles Apr 27, 2015 @ 3:53pm 
Idea:
Scout Drone, a drone that is small, agile and doesn't have much health. It only has a small gun, such as a pistol monuted on it.
Bomber Drone, shoots rockets and bombs and such.
ManuelB437 (Banned) Apr 27, 2015 @ 9:47pm 
Make an drone with an AI, one friendly and one enemy
Jλh Geppo Apr 28, 2015 @ 6:40am 
Drone AI tool. Settings for hostile, friendly, friendly patrol, hostile patrol, protect player (that shoots the drone with the toolgun) and hostile protect other drones. (hostiles protect other hostiles, attack friendlys and players and friendly protects other friendlys and the player)
Thats all i have hope you like them :)
krip Apr 28, 2015 @ 10:30am 
Custom models, the drones' looks aren't that nice and changing them would be perfect
womanizer headass Apr 28, 2015 @ 11:00am 
I just would really want a ground drone/RC car/whatever you want to call it. However, i do like the ideas of the racing drone and others listed.
krip Apr 28, 2015 @ 11:25am 
A multi-terrain drone, it has wheels(on land) and maybe make it able to dive(in water) and can fly
Originally posted by KILLURSELVES13:
why not have a drone that can drop malaria bombs or maybe a drone that can drop a care pack filled with weed.
XD
< >
Showing 1-15 of 138 comments
Per page: 1530 50