Institut
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
jd40  [developer] Nov 17, 2014 @ 1:14pm
Comments/suggestions
Post your ideas here
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Lowe Nov 17, 2014 @ 2:06pm 
Ok this map is very well done but if it would get any chance of getting into the game it would realy need alot of tweaks... for example there is only about 3 angles for the ct:s (Mid, Top left and right) to hold making it HEAVELY ct sided and cuz there is only corridors for the t to puch they can easealy get smoked out then only to get sprayed down from the ct:s ahead, if it would have been more open and more ways for the t:s to get into the bombsites i think it would have been way better. The gameplay of the map will probably get very boring after a couple of matches cuz of the small corridors :D anyways nicely done i can't make maps for ♥♥♥♥ so yeh
realize i mayby should have out this now :D i kinda feel though bombsite B rarely would get used since its super easy to defend a ct, as i said Hevely ct sided :)
Lowe Nov 17, 2014 @ 2:09pm 
yeh forgot one angle that the cts need to hold the one behind a which makes it a little less ct sided but still as i said b would almost never get used i u dont trick the ct:s out of there
Lowe Nov 17, 2014 @ 2:17pm 
at first i thought the diffrent bombsites would be on diffrent stages on the building which would to me make more sense given more space so the areas could have been a little more open and aswell way easier for the t:s
jd40  [developer] Nov 17, 2014 @ 2:24pm 
There's also a squeky door at A and another mid on the lower floor. so 6 angles in total. I'm also adding more.

Here's what I'm currently working on for the next update:
-Closing off the passage from mid to A site, connecting it with the bottom floor (makes the bottom lane a more viable option)
-Another entry to B through the window - catwalk on the outside of the building
Entity 351 Nov 17, 2014 @ 5:29pm 
OK well steam just got rid of my last lengthly response, so here is the truncated version:

B site (or whichever one has the ladder leading directly from CT) needs to be opened up. Right now it is small, cluttered, and dark. The ladder leading from CT spawn also needs much more signalling around it to draw the player's eye. The only reason I knew the ladder was there was because I approached the opening from the site itself.

You have a number of camoflaged 'peep holes' that lead to various parts of your map. The one that immediately comes to mind is the glass/metal door that leads through a ruined padded call to the corridor on the other side. You can see this from B site.

My advice is to either make them bigger, or remove them. They only serve to impact those areas of the map in a negative way because they don't seem like they are part of the play space.

Also: Avoid forcing the player to shoot another player through an object. You lose damage on your bullet based on the material you shot through and the thickness of the object. You only serve to throw the players off if you have them shooting through an indestructable metal door that they can see eachother through because they won't really know how much damage they are doing to one another.

This differs from wallbanging because with wall banging, you are either checking a potentially dangerous position, you do not have direct LoS to, or simply trying to get a player in that position to expose themselves to your teammate.

Pros for you: You have the potential to deal reduced damage to another player at no risk to yourself, other than noise caused by firing, and if you're lucky may even get a kill.

Pros for defender: Highly unlikley that they will actually die from wallbang, unless unlucky or poorly positioned. This gives them a chance to reposition and prepare for your teams advance.

Quadratic Nov 17, 2014 @ 10:28pm 
needs more ganjja imo
Svk Nov 18, 2014 @ 9:21pm 
Nice
Hazz517 Nov 19, 2014 @ 9:14am 
This is a nice map however on the B site there are a few sneaky plants you can do like next to the sofa in the next room and a floating plant over the ladder. Otherwise very good map
What's being blown up?
jd40  [developer] Nov 20, 2014 @ 2:13am 
Originally posted by #Q:
Nice! Just found a couple of things:
-Use clip on edges (columns and stuff) so you dont get stuck
-Use clip on stairs to remove that bumpy thing
-Found props with collision model (the debris downstairs)
-annoying prop_dynamics. Remove them all imo
-too much props imo
Most of this on to-do. You meant prop_physics? Whats annoying about dynamics

Originally posted by =^.^= B. subtil 15:
What's being blown up?
The terrorists heard about the infection and decided that blowing any part of the building up will spread it.
Last edited by jd40; Nov 20, 2014 @ 2:18am
HóRus ♔ Nov 20, 2014 @ 8:00am 
hmm
guitrz Nov 21, 2014 @ 5:17am 
make the Ts anarchists, it'd fit more the theme imo
Pătuț Nov 21, 2014 @ 6:44am 
It's good but I don't really think the map has a good clarity factor...Sometimes the enemy must be noticeable and the amount of darkness in this map is a bit too much. I like the creepy feel, but it's not very practical
Razboinik 8====> Dec 13, 2017 @ 5:07am 
Originally posted by jd40:
Post your ideas here
Razboinik 8====> Dec 13, 2017 @ 5:08am 
129ЙЦЦФЫАА
:steamhappy:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50