Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

gm_fork
NeoX Dec 25, 2020 @ 3:24pm
What country is gm_fork located?
I think gm_fork is in Romania, because there are Romanian subtitles on yellow signs, there was "Pericol de injsetare atention caldura intensive grsial tanmerit" and no, i'm not Romanian (and i don't know Romanian, i used language detrctor)
Last edited by NeoX; Jun 6, 2021 @ 10:37pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 60 comments
🔰Oka🔰 Jan 15, 2021 @ 3:53pm 
where you found them?
NeoX Jan 16, 2021 @ 2:40am 
Originally posted by Царица Ока Первая:
where you found them?
i found them on yellow signs
Last edited by NeoX; Jun 8, 2021 @ 1:43am
Volt Jan 19, 2021 @ 8:43pm 
seckz
Ponta Feb 8, 2021 @ 7:12am 
im romanian and i understood the signs say neutralised insecticide so i think its in romania
Atadkm Mar 20, 2021 @ 1:29am 
russia i guess
(no im not russian)
NeoX Mar 20, 2021 @ 1:34am 
Originally posted by F-22:
russia i guess
(no im not russian)
no it isn't, look on these yellow signs
Last edited by NeoX; Apr 3, 2021 @ 2:09am
bib Apr 2, 2021 @ 12:23pm 
seems to be canada
ArgentPhoenix11 Apr 21, 2021 @ 11:15am 
The signs are just stock signs from HL2, I've seen Bulgarian, English, Romanian and even French so I don't think that's good enough to go off. However, using the architecture and the general climate of the area we can find out what country it is. The town is very european in its layout and architecture, with soviet architecture dotting the skybox section of it. The source map has the bay face due north with mountains or hills to the south, and it is covered in pines, indicating a cold climate.

The castle on the hill also is of an eastern European nature, in a style resembling those built around the Baltic sea.

So from this, we know the specifications of Fork: It's a cold region with a port in eastern Europe on the north coast that was once part of the eastern bloc. Simply, we have to match the criteria.

The real life gm_fork is a miniaturised version of Gdansk, Poland.
rephlex May 21, 2021 @ 12:55pm 
YOOO POLSKAAAAA
Laxwitten Jun 6, 2021 @ 5:55pm 
I believe it's Gdansk in Poland but smaller. See there are different signs in different languages. But the thing is these are just stock signs from Half Life 2.
the overmind Jun 10, 2021 @ 3:15am 
Originally posted by TSA_Enterprise_K:
The signs are just stock signs from HL2, I've seen Bulgarian, English, Romanian and even French so I don't think that's good enough to go off. However, using the architecture and the general climate of the area we can find out what country it is. The town is very european in its layout and architecture, with soviet architecture dotting the skybox section of it. The source map has the bay face due north with mountains or hills to the south, and it is covered in pines, indicating a cold climate.

The castle on the hill also is of an eastern European nature, in a style resembling those built around the Baltic sea.

So from this, we know the specifications of Fork: It's a cold region with a port in eastern Europe on the north coast that was once part of the eastern bloc. Simply, we have to match the criteria.

The real life gm_fork is a miniaturised version of Gdansk, Poland.
i know, i know old thread but i knew someone who lived there for a long time, when i showed them this map and brought it up they said it was very familiar
DAMAGEPLAN Jun 17, 2021 @ 11:11am 
it kinda gives off a East Germany 1980-90s vibe
NeoX Jun 17, 2021 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by De_Chef:

well, gm_bigcity is in 1993 or 1995 i think, since bigcity is based on new york city, and world trade center still standing
DAMAGEPLAN Jun 17, 2021 @ 2:09pm 
Originally posted by WhiteGamesPL:
Originally posted by De_Chef:

well, gm_bigcity is in 1993 or 1995 i think, since bigcity is based on new york city, and world trade center still standing
seems about right
RydahGraffin Jun 21, 2021 @ 4:50pm 
im thinking america cuz it has those box type buildings that i see all the time in towns in between mountains
< >
Showing 1-15 of 60 comments
Per page: 1530 50