Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Functional Appliances
norby007  [developer] Oct 8, 2023 @ 10:20am
any requests?
bar taps have been requested and were on my short list of things to add to this mod. I also have plans on another mod or two that might not fit in this category. If you have anything you want added, I will do my best.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 96 comments
reesely Oct 8, 2023 @ 3:56pm 
Cool concept! Wondering if there's a way for the soda machines to run out? Maybe let us make a recipe for more soda syrup when this happens?
norby007  [developer] Oct 8, 2023 @ 7:19pm 
Originally posted by reesely:
Cool concept! Wondering if there's a way for the soda machines to run out? Maybe let us make a recipe for more soda syrup when this happens?
I was thinking about the same. So far they use water, possibly a co2 canister too. IRL I built a machine that was all in one so for now I figured that you would be killed by zombies long before syrup and co2 was drained. lol
norby007  [developer] Oct 10, 2023 @ 9:00am 
heating lamp warmers, bar taps, soda recipes with fruit all suggested. Working on bar taps as we speak.
norby007  [developer] Oct 11, 2023 @ 9:18pm 
bar taps almost complete, at least a framework for use. For bar taps to dispense beer you need to find kegs of beer to connect by putting under the counter that the taps are connected to.
Ariexe Oct 11, 2023 @ 10:28pm 
Can you change the functionality of coffee machines and esspresso machines to not be ovens, and actually make a cupa joe?

Also, its coming in B42, but vending machines dispense pop if you feed it money.

cool mod btw :)
Carlos Oct 12, 2023 @ 7:00am 
when you do get the time to work on the mod it would be nice if you randomize the amount of soda each machine has similar to the the water dispenser mod
Last edited by Carlos; Oct 12, 2023 @ 7:00am
norby007  [developer] Oct 12, 2023 @ 1:31pm 
Originally posted by Ariexe:
Can you change the functionality of coffee machines and esspresso machines to not be ovens, and actually make a cupa joe?

Also, its coming in B42, but vending machines dispense pop if you feed it money.

cool mod btw :)

Possibly! I will put it on the list. I have even thought about a coffee vending machine but I am not so good with the art side of things.

Great idea!
norby007  [developer] Oct 12, 2023 @ 1:33pm 
Originally posted by Carlos:
when you do get the time to work on the mod it would be nice if you randomize the amount of soda each machine has similar to the the water dispenser mod

Very possible I think. The beer taps I am working on now will hopefully have replaceable kegs and random beer amounts including a way to make more. It's on the list. The big issue is that water and gasoline have code in the game that allow them to work on just about everything but not so much with foods or drinks. It does sound like the developers are working on that though.
norby007  [developer] Oct 12, 2023 @ 1:40pm 
Think about all the things in the game that have little to no use in game. Air conditioners, fry vats, pizza ovens, theater screens and projectors, cement mixers... I will code as much as I can. This started because I wanted to pay someone to make soda fountains work and I couldn't find anyone. So here I am...
Krilton Oct 12, 2023 @ 8:24pm 
Backburner suggestion: Popcorn popping sounds for popping popcorn. Dude, if you can get functional A/C units.... that would be frack'n sweet.
Last edited by Krilton; Oct 12, 2023 @ 8:26pm
norby007  [developer] Oct 13, 2023 @ 1:49pm 
Originally posted by Krilton:
Backburner suggestion: Popcorn popping sounds for popping popcorn. Dude, if you can get functional A/C units.... that would be frack'n sweet.

I actually started modding non-maps on an HVAC mod. I had a few hurtles that stopped it. I have enough knowledge now to add the A/C unit for heat only.

The biggest remaining issues are:
a heat source can be made but a cooling source cannot in the current base code
once power is off the ambient temps of buildings change but I have yet to find in code how this is done and to see if it's reversible. That alone would release the HVAC mod.
Krilton Oct 13, 2023 @ 8:29pm 
Not sure if this would help but try seeing if this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2877732496 will give enough insight on how to do it. Worth a shot?
Last edited by Krilton; Oct 13, 2023 @ 8:30pm
norby007  [developer] Oct 13, 2023 @ 8:52pm 
Not sure if this would help but try seeing if this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2877732496 will give enough insight on how to do it. Worth a shot?

I actually started coding because that mod was broken, there is a fixed version online already for Sapphire's heaters done by someone else. I understand that code pretty well now and moved on beyond it after fixing the bugs in it. I think the biggest issue is that to find out how any of this works you need to dive into the game code or hope someone has done it on the forums. I am learning mostly by going through the code and going through the index of code.

https://projectzomboid.com/modding/index.html

You get bits and pieces here and there and try to paste it together. While I have never codes in java before, I have coded in several languages over the years. The main issue is that the code for temperature does not allow for a negative number and strips it out. From what I can tell room code is somehow insulated from the outside entirely for temperature until the power goes out. Then it's still affected but its not clear how to interact with it. The best would be a simple switch to activate the pre-power loss room temperature code again and just have it drain power on a generator. From what I understand that doesn't exist.
Krilton Oct 13, 2023 @ 9:25pm 
Sad that people make nice mods, say "WiP" then vanish. :(
norby007  [developer] Oct 13, 2023 @ 10:13pm 
Sad that people make nice mods, say "WiP" then vanish. :(

I get it. If I am trying to fix something I will reach out to them. After running into roadblocks I redirected into getting the popcorn machine popping and after that I couldn't stop.

Sometimes real life gets in the way, or you fall out of love with the game. I would update my map mod but I lost some of the files and a complete rebuild is terrifying... I'll wait until it's dead from a PZ update.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 96 comments
Per page: 1530 50