RimWorld

RimWorld

The Gods Are Angry
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
FaintingGoat  [developer] Sep 2, 2023 @ 12:04pm
Wraths and Blessings
Here's the list of all the wraths and blessings. Feel free to also discuss balance issues - obviously this mod is wildly overpowered, but I did try to stick to disasters that could be salvaged without using dev mode. For example, something that modifies xenogenes is okay, but endogenes is not. Something that changes traits is not okay. Buffs or debuffs without an expiration. If there's any wraths/blessings that don't stick to that rule, let me know. And of course if there's any buffs where it's like "hey Goat I think you fundamentally misunderstood how this stat works" please let me know about that as well.

Quick note: the rituals that directly harm/help pawns only affects the pawns in the ritual. If you want to keep someone safe, you can leave them out of the ritual. If you find that isn't the case for a given wrath/blessing, let me know because that's a bug.

A couple outcomes also have what I call the designated survivor. If there's a high likelihood it's going to down all your pawns, one person is selected to be left standing so that it doesn't trigger a man in black event.

Wraths

Archotech
  • Uninterested - Removes all bionic parts from your pawns.
  • Neutral - Removes ALL research.
  • Wrathful - Uninterested and neutral combined.
Blight
  • Uninterested - Blights crops in a radius.
  • Neutral - Larger radius.
  • Wrathful - Entire map.
Blood
  • Uninterested - Spawns blood everywhere for a while.
  • Neutral - Uninterested result and also damages your pawns
  • Wrathful - Uninterested and neutral result, plus does to a random pawn what players like to do to prisoners
Angel of Death
  • Wrathful only - Kills the firstborn child of everyone in the colony. Only counts pawns that are in the colony for determining eligible children.
Disease
  • Uninterested - Afflicts pawns with flu
  • Neutral - Afflicts pawns with malaria and plague
  • Wrathful - Afflicts pawns with malaria, plague, and flu
Famine
  • Uninterested - Sets all meals as food poisoned.
  • Neutral - Destroys all fod.
  • Wrathful - Destroys all food and afflicts pawns with malnutrition.
Fire
  • Uninterested - Creates an explosion on the ritual.
  • Neutral - Creates a bunch of explosions around the ritual.
  • Wrathful - Creates a bunch of explosions over a short time period.
Hatred
  • Uninterested - Decreases faction relations by 25, makes pawns hate each other for 30 days.
  • Neutral - Decreases faction relations by 50, makes pawns hate each other for 30 days.
  • Wrathful - Decreases faction relations by 100, makes pawns hate each other for 30 days.
Hunt
  • Uninterested - Two manhunter packs.
  • Neutral - Two manhunter packs... and your doors are on fire.
  • Wrathful - Manhunter pack... in the ritual room.
Sky
  • Uninterested - Lightning bolt on the ritual spot.
  • Neutral - Burst of lightning around the ritual spot.
  • Wrathful - Lightning storm.
Madness
  • Uninterested - Quarter of pawns have a random mental break.
  • Neutral - Half of pawns.
  • Wrathful - All pawns.
Randy
  • Uninterested - Hope you like boomalopes.
  • Neutral - Hope you like your boomalopes downed and bleeding out.
  • Wrathful - Now they're on fire.
Weakness
  • Uninterested - Quarter of pawns have movement speed reduced for 30 days.
  • Neutral - Half get movement speed reduced, half have catatonic breakdowns, half have sleep set to zero. Yes, there will be overlap with the movement speed debuff.
  • Wrathful - Everyone gets the debuff and a catatonic breakdown.
Sun
  • Uninterested - Orbital power beam with a delay. (run)
  • Neutral - Shorter delay (really run)
  • Wrathful - Shorter delay and now there's three of them.
Swarm
  • Uninterested - Rats. (manhunters)
  • Neutral - More rats.
  • Wrathful - EVEN MORE RATS.
Decay
  • Uninterested - Unworn clothing set to tainted.
  • Neutral - Clothing being worn is set to tainted.
  • Wrathful - All clothing tainted, equipped weapons destroyed.
Stone
  • Uninterested - Rains down stone meteorites for a short time. Should avoid colonists. Small chance of being useful minerals.
  • Longer timespan.
  • Longer timespan.
Darkness
  • Uninterested - Darkness for 5 days.
  • Darkness for 10 days.
  • Darkness for 15 days.
If you have the Darkness meme, this make the map light instead.
Since the darkness is VERY dark (this one punishes the player as well as the pawns) there is an accessibility toggle in the settings that will use the eclipse darkness level instead.

Blessings

Archotech
  • Uninterested - Finishes current research.
  • Neutral - Finishes all eligible research - basically everything with prereqs fulfilled.
  • Wrathful - Neutral result, plus upgrades bionics to archotech.
Bacchus
  • Uninterested - Drunken party with drugs!
  • Neutral - Yet more drugs.
  • Wrathful - So. Many. Drugs.
Destruction
All levels grant weapons if there's no hostiles to kill.
  • Uninterested - Kills a quarter of hostiles.
  • Neutral - Half.
  • Wrathful - All.
Plenty
  • Uninterested - Creates a bunch of random food.
  • Neutral - More food.
  • Wrathful - So much food.
Harvest
  • Uninterested - Sets plants in a radius to fully grown.
  • Neutral - Larger radius.
  • Wrathful - Entire map.
Haste
  • Uninterested - Quarter of pawns get speed buff.
  • Neutral - Half.
  • Wrathful - All.
Healing
  • Wrathful only: heals all injures. Works like a healer mech serum until there's no injuries left.
Winged Hussars
  • Uninterested - Group of hussars join the colony, equipped with a gladius and plate armor.
  • Neutral - The hussars bring their own go-juice. Come equipped with a longsword and recon armor.
  • Wrathful - The go-juice dependency gene is removed. Come equipped with a monosword and cataphract armor.
Inspiration
  • Uninterested - Quarter of pawns get random inspiration.
  • Neutral - Half.
  • Wrathful - Full.
Mastery
  • Uninterested - Quarter of pawns get a random skill set to 20.
  • Neutral - Half.
  • Wrathful - All.
Restoration
  • Uninterested - Untaints all clothing on map and restores the hit points of worn clothing.
  • Neutral - Untaints and restores all clothing on map.
  • Wrathful - Neutral, plus upgrades quality of equipped weapons and gear - yes, this can go up to Legendary.
Resurrection
Yes, this is ALL bodies, hostile, buried, and animals included. The gods want you to do something about your corpse pit.
  • Uninterested - Resurrects quarter of bodies on map.
  • Neutral - Half.
  • Wrathful - All.
Satisfaction
  • Uninterested - Food and rest need decay stopped for 30 days.
  • Neutral - Uninterested result and also removes pain for 30 days.
  • Wrathful - Neutral, plus a massive mood boost for 30 days.
Unity
  • Uninterested - 25 faction boost and pawns like each other more for 30 days.
  • Neutral - 50 faction boost and pawns like each other more for 30 days.
  • Wrathful - 100 faction boost and pawns like each other more for 30 days.
War
  • Uninterested - Combat stat bonuses.
  • Neutral - Better bonuses.
  • Wrathful - Even better bonuses.
Warrior
  • Wrathful only - Turns a random pawn into a massively buffed warrior.
Wealth
  • Uninterested - Turns all the beds to gold.
  • Neutral - Turns all the furniture to gold.
  • Wrathful - Turns all the walls, doors, and furniture to gold. Enjoy the raids!
Zeus
There's a condition with a 25% chance of triggering which gets everyone in the colony, including animals, pregnant with an unspecified father. Sorry not sorry.

Also spawns a goose since there aren't swans in RimWorld. IYKYK
  • Uninterested - Adds a mood buff. You should be able to figure out which one.
  • Neutral - Also turns a quarter of your pawns into highmates.
  • Wrathful - And now half your pawns are now highmates. Also everyone gets a free love enhancer for... reasons.
Light
  • Uninterested - Sunlight for 5 days.
  • Sunlight for 10 days.
  • Sunlight for 15 days.
If you have the Darkness meme, this make the map dark instead.
Last edited by FaintingGoat; Apr 17 @ 5:20pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Is this mod capable of detecting when certain wraths or blessings would be redundant/impossible? Like a sanguophage is immune to the disease, or healing when there aren't any injuries?
And what about vanilla expanded, which makes highmates great at "mood boosting", yes, but ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ useless for combat?
Does plenty consider ideo precepts? Will vegans get meat, or ranchers plants? Can it give cannibals human meat?
For swarm, are the rats manhunter, or did my rat worshipping colony get a blessing?
What would blight do to crops that can't be blighted?
Most of these questions you could probably answer for yourself.
Originally posted by thisisa************32:
Is this mod capable of detecting when certain wraths or blessings would be redundant/impossible? Like a sanguophage is immune to the disease, or healing when there aren't any injuries?
And what about vanilla expanded, which makes highmates great at "mood boosting", yes, but ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ useless for combat?
Does plenty consider ideo precepts? Will vegans get meat, or ranchers plants? Can it give cannibals human meat?
For swarm, are the rats manhunter, or did my rat worshipping colony get a blessing?
Originally posted by Toughest Gun In The West:
Most of these questions you could probably answer for yourself.
Is it not worth asking if an error would happen from a redundant event? Does that not kind of nullify the point of the mod?
FaintingGoat  [developer] Sep 10, 2023 @ 3:45pm 

Let me answer these in order.

No, it is pure random chance what triggers. It's an 'act of god' after all, a large scale, unpredictable disaster and some people will just fare better than others. My colony shrugged off Wrath of Famine but got absolutely decimated by Wrath of the Storm because a tornado took out my luciferium stash. It's meant to add some unpredictability and risk to the rituals, but not necessarily maliciously target your colony's weakest point. (or if I misread that and you're worried about errors, I tried to use the vanilla code as much as possible so it wouldn't try to do something that wasn't allowed, or would do so in a way that would be gracefully handled)

Yep, Blessing of Zeus can potentially wreck your colony. That's why everything is configurable and can be turned off. You can control how much chaos this causes.

It does not... but now that I think about it a minute, it probably should. Wouldn't make much sense for a vegetarian god to grant the colony meat. I'll see if I can work that into a future update here.

They are manhunter! Your sacred animal has been sent from the heavens to annihilate you.

And last question... it'll skip over them. The wrath copies what the vanilla blight event does, just on a much larger scale.
Last edited by FaintingGoat; Sep 10, 2023 @ 3:50pm
Thank you for answering!
Oh lord I hope manhunter overrides the venerated animals protection or I could get screwed. But that makes sense if it doesn't. Actually, could that be configured so it specifically chooses a venerated animal (if you have one) instead of rats?
FaintingGoat  [developer] Sep 14, 2023 @ 6:14am 
Thank you for answering!
Oh lord I hope manhunter overrides the venerated animals protection or I could get screwed. But that makes sense if it doesn't. Actually, could that be configured so it specifically chooses a venerated animal (if you have one) instead of rats?

The swarm of rats got suggested/requested enough that I don't want to change it, as it was very clearly a specific want from people. I could update Wrath of the Hunt to spawn a venerated animal though... that would be an easy change.

Ironically, Wrath of the Swarm was the last wrath my colony got hit with and it was way more exciting than I expected with a high wealth colony. The rats overflowed their spawning room and were EVERYWHERE. No one died at least.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50