Exp Recovery for Skill Books
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Jan 25, 2023 @ 3:41pm
Bugs
sooo.. send your bugs here :supersusguy:
Last edited by 𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊; Jan 25, 2023 @ 3:41pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
MyaMya Jan 27, 2023 @ 1:30am 
I've already read a book, but there was a bug that showed additional exp mark in that skill section.
Do you know what happen?
Maybe due to addition mod to saved game.
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Jan 27, 2023 @ 1:36pm 
"saved exp" (blue exp) it's FULL amount of saved exp from each skill books level, so I meant if u on 3 skill book level (it's 4-5 perk level cos each skill book give exp boost for 2 levels) and have 4 level, from 5 level will drawn blue exp that gets by summing each saved exp from each skill book but not just from 4-5 level. did u get me? I think need to redo "How it works?" section with a few examples.. :Toxic_Geralt:
MyaMya Jan 27, 2023 @ 4:57pm 
When I added mod to exist save game that I had already read a book and then got skill exp, it didn't seem to recognize that my skill XP multiplier.
I read the book no.2, but I personally confirmed that blue exp accumulates in the 3-4 level section.
So I thought this wasn't work well.
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Jan 27, 2023 @ 5:08pm 
in simple terms missed exp saves EXACTLY in skill books and when u have max multiplier for current perk level (u complete skill book reading fully) so u don't lose any exp and there's nothing to save. when u read vol.2 skill book u got all exp that u could miss if didn't read the skill book (read skill book = get all missed exp from this one). BUT when u read vol.2 u WON'T get missed exp from higher skill books (vol. 3/4/5) cos u need to read them to get their missed exp
Last edited by 𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊; Jan 27, 2023 @ 5:09pm
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Jan 27, 2023 @ 5:10pm 
so ur blue exp in 3-4 level it's saved exp from next skill books and u need to read them to get other exp
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Jan 27, 2023 @ 5:12pm 
I'm working rn on new text for "How it works?" with some examples. until I posted it, you can ask more about it here if still can't get how it works
HOODINI Feb 1, 2023 @ 2:21pm 
It doesn't seem to work with Kap's Kombat Techniques - Maintenance. It doesn't save any of the missed XP
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Feb 2, 2023 @ 1:36am 
@HOODINI I just tested and it's working well. Are you sure you didn't get any saved experience and that you didn't read the skill book?
HOODINI Feb 2, 2023 @ 2:28am 
Nope, book works fine when it comes to multipliers but it doesn't let me get back any XP i missed before i read said book
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Feb 2, 2023 @ 3:45am 
hmm, I think I got the issue. can you verify and let me know if you have any mods that allow for changing books? I'm not talking about just adding new books, but specifically modifying things such as the speed of reading and the ability to read while walking, etc. I think the problem might be compatibility with mods like the ones I've described
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Feb 2, 2023 @ 3:53am 
oh, and tell me is this issue only with Kap's Kombat Techniques - Maintenance? or other skills have same problem?
HOODINI Feb 2, 2023 @ 11:52pm 
Sorry for the really late reply. As far as i know, the only mods i have that would fit those criteria would be Snake's mod which adds some new literature and probably Neurodiverse traits' ADHD trait which makes you flicker between slow reader or fast reader depending on your state
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Feb 3, 2023 @ 10:53am 
kk, I'll check with these mods. can u say Kap's Kombat Techniques - Maintenance is single problematic skill book? or other skill books doesn't work too
lawsen Feb 4, 2023 @ 5:06am 
I noticed a bug, I don't know how it happened or how to recreate it, but the saved exp went really high on some of my skills, like one some weapon skills, maintenance, and some of the agility skills, I was at around level 1.5-3 but the saved exp (blue bar) had reached beyond level 7 or 8 in some cases, I'm just pointing it out incase someone else figures it out and knows how to recreate it.
𝚅𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚗𝚢𝚊  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 5:42am 
@lawsen saved exp went really high in a moment or u just getting too much saved exp? do u have any mods that can increase amount of exp gain?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 1530 50